Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Two Best Friend's Play reddit is convinced the dude would have been huge if just given more of a chance to run with Shogun of the Row gimmick. They do not seem to be clued into the bad behavior they do on streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is it that the two of them were doing? I’m not doubting anything, I’ve just rarely heard much about them outside of them getting popular on the internet.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

They were just doing edgyboy stuff and Mansoor did the Jewish rubbing hands together meme face once. Chanpilled.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That and the whole “based and redpilled” meme plus having other NXT people on to do slurs (didn’t rhea ripley have to apologise for that?)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Lovely

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Huh. Those guys are actually younger than I thought. But 27 and 32 is still WAY too old to be doing all that edgelord, totally online poo poo.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Edit: Just answering a question, gently caress me, right?

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 22, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I understood from the description, I didn’t need the actual image.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't understand.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

These folks really want these two in AEW

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/16or6g3/friend_of_the_show_brennan_williams_has_been/

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

History Comes Inside! posted:

That and the whole “based and redpilled” meme plus having other NXT people on to do slurs (didn’t rhea ripley have to apologise for that?)

Sort of - someone in the chat asked her to call them the meanest thing she could think of, so she obliged and then immediately regretted it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

absolutely not under no circumstances

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

based means good, right??? like my friend lil b??

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Happy to learn about what random redditors want

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ma.çéd and fedpilled

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

quote:

WWE has filed for several new trademarks, including the ring name of a new NXT star and more, with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on September 19.

The terms were Jaida Parker, Global Localization, Out The Mud, and OTM.
Jade?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ThePariah posted:

Is the Steph/Paul divorce thing a meme or?

It's mostly Meme/Rumour and people connecting dots as to why Stephanie left but if she left cause Vince came back I could see some truth to it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

WWE fans...out the mud????

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jade herself is "out the mud" because she is no longer in the outlaw mudshow known as AEW and has come to the big leagues of WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Global Localization is a weird name even by NXT standards but I'm sure Jade can make it work

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Out the mud Michael Cole

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Of all the people to force a name change on, the high value poach you just made from your biggest competitor is an incredibly WWE choice.

Surely the better play is to just let her keep using her real name to make it as obvious as possible that she jumped ship?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
At least let her keep her first name. But I know the weird first name is so they have something trademarkable when Vince chops off the last name

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Of all the people to force a name change on, the high value poach you just made from your biggest competitor is an incredibly WWE choice.

Surely the better play is to just let her keep using her real name to make it as obvious as possible that she jumped ship?

WWE can't own her real name in perpetuity, so of course they won't do that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

WWE can't own her real name in perpetuity, so of course they won't do that.

Well yeah but that’s not stopped them with other big signings, so you’d think they’d want to be as loud and proud as they possibly could now they have the opportunity.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Sometimes part of a wrestler's appeal is in their name, Jaida Parker ain't gonna be as over as Jade Cargill lol.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Just can't help themselves. They have a wrestler who's been a big star and had a massive streak on their biggest competitor's shows, so it could be a big coup for them, and some immediately heat for Jade. But can't acknowledge that. Change her name and pretend she just turned up from the warp yesterday!

Next up: some awful gimmick!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

she'll be fine. you handwringing dorks that haven't watched since WM30 needs to have some faith in HHH. this isn't the old days anymore.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Jaida Parker has never lost a match.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

she'll be fine. you handwringing dorks that haven't watched since WM30 needs to have some faith in HHH. this isn't the old days anymore.

we regret to inform you that paul triple h is dead. rip

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah they should let Jade keep her name. Or at the very least, keep her first name and only change the last name.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's very stupid and makes a negative difference to change someone's name when you don't have to but jade doesn't 'need' to keep her real name. that gives a aew a little too much credit. she can become a big star by introducing herself somewhere and going from there because of her personality and look; she just needs to focus on trying not to come across as a dumb gently caress clown on tv in the future. should be very eazy

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
She calls that the Jaida-d!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah they should let Jade keep her name. Or at the very least, keep her first name and only change the last name.

She could just go by Jade Phillips, her husband's last name.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Changing her name from Jade Cargill to Jaida Parker, if that is in fact what they're doing, isn't going to be the thing that decides whether or not Jade works in that company, but it is completely unnecessary, certainly won't help make Jade any more of a star than she already is, and shows clearly that WWE's priorities lie more in protecting themselves than in making Jade as big of a star as they possibly can. It can't possibly help her, it can only possibly hurt her, even if it probably won't matter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haha i said "a aew." that's all you need to know about what i say. love the thread and reading the thoughts and points made on a daily basis. thanks a lot for hanging out and chatting about pro wrestling.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

It can't possibly help her, it can only possibly hurt her, even if it probably won't matter.

This basically, for her end of things at least.

I’m more surprised about it from the perspective of ‘they could have just plastered her name all over everywhere to really tout that they signed someone away’, but they’ve instead apparently decided gently caress that.

That is of course assuming it’s a name for her that they’ve trademarked and they aren’t about to bring up some other new face with an NXT name.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I don’t mention this often, but I actually have a friend who works backstage at nxt and they just told me that Jade was in the nxt arena yesterday and, get this, she took a big nasty crap right in the middle of the ring. She shouted something about “Out the mud!” and everyone clapped. She’s such a star.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This basically, for her end of things at least.

I’m more surprised about it from the perspective of ‘they could have just plastered her name all over everywhere to really tout that they signed someone away’, but they’ve instead apparently decided gently caress that.

That is of course assuming it’s a name for her that they’ve trademarked and they aren’t about to bring up some other new face with an NXT name.

They really should be treating it as a Cody-level coup, to signal to their fans that that's what it is and continue to signal to AEW talent "this is how we'll treat you if you jump", but sending her to NXT and changing her name kinda does the opposite of both of those things. I'm not convinced that either of those things are happening, for that reason, but it also wouldn't surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Quick twitter search has some people saying Jaida Parker will likely be this person?

https://twitter.com/lexveraux/status/1705190809895678122