Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

wait wait wait...AEW is dying now? The company that just did a major stadium show and had two ppvs within a week of each other that did like a million bucks? And weren't they just valued at like a billion dollars? How do any of these things equal the company is dying?

I don't even think that hard about about it.

did I like the wrestling y/n is pretty much the deepest I go with it because wrestling doesn't make me money. If I was a business person inside the sphere, I'd pay more attention to houses and gates, whatever.

Life Advice: Go watch baseball if you get horned up about spreadsheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

wait wait wait...AEW is dying now? The company that just did a major stadium show and had two ppvs within a week of each other that did like a million bucks? And weren't they just valued at like a billion dollars? How do any of these things equal the company is dying?

You mean the company that used the huge stadium show for a champ who's a hulk Hogan tribute, a ppv for an outlaw mudshow bleedfest that scares off the women and children, and the latest show had a fat slob as the feel good moment? Uh yeah I think they're dying

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
These folks are going to have to face a truth eventually that I had to face when WWE kept succeeding despite me hating it. Just because you don't like something does not mean it will fail.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ticket sales are down but this seems to line up with them raising prices similar to what WWE charges when they used to be a bit cheaper. I’m not sure what the math is on whether they’re actually bringing in less money via gates or whether the increased cost makes up for the lower number sold. But while losing Punk again probably will hurt them a bit, they’re not exactly panicking.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Shard posted:

wait wait wait...AEW is dying now?

Yeah I read about it on my cousin Steve's Twitter.

Real shame.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shard posted:

It's always dying. Company's out of business in three months, any three months.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

Ticket sales are down but this seems to line up with them raising prices similar to what WWE charges when they used to be a bit cheaper. I’m not sure what the math is on whether they’re actually bringing in less money via gates or whether the increased cost makes up for the lower number sold. But while losing Punk again probably will hurt them a bit, they’re not exactly panicking.

FWIW I read that the walk up gate for Grand Slam was one of AEW's biggest ever

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shard posted:

Now you're catching on. :smugdog:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Actually they're dying because one of their top stars won't take his hands out of his pockets!!!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah I don’t know if it’s industry practice, but AEW seems to drop their prices a lot a week before the show.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jonny Nox posted:

Yeah I don’t know if it’s industry practice, but AEW seems to drop their prices a lot a week before the show.

That's more of a recent thing isn't it? Where instead of selling at about the ssme price point the whole time they presale at high prices then adjust down to hit the sweet spot. I heard that's how All In and some shows following have been.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

That's more of a recent thing isn't it? Where instead of selling at about the ssme price point the whole time they presale at high prices then adjust down to hit the sweet spot. I heard that's how All In and some shows following have been.

I feel a lot of the doom and gloom about pre-sales is because of this new AEW pricing strategy which may have damaged AEW ticket sales a bit but not as much as people think

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Elephant Ambush posted:

I know that last week they had like 7000ish tickets sold and when I was there last night the only empty seats were waaaaay up in the nosebleeds and for some reason they didn't sell any seats in the luxury boxes at all. It wasn't 20k people in there like 2 years ago, but it definitely was over 7k in there.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Deeply enjoying the picture of someone at a wrestling even in the luxury box wearing fancy clothing with like opera glasses

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AlmightyPants posted:

I know that last week they had like 7000ish tickets sold and when I was there last night the only empty seats were waaaaay up in the nosebleeds and for some reason they didn't sell any seats in the luxury boxes at all. It wasn't 20k people in there like 2 years ago, but it definitely was over 7k in there.

They didn't have anyone in the luxury boxes the first time either. I'm guessing there is not a lot of crossover between box holders and AEW.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

VideoWitch posted:

Deeply enjoying the picture of someone at a wrestling even in the luxury box wearing fancy clothing with like opera glasses

And that $100 Don Callis shirt

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

VideoWitch posted:

Isn’t that literally what Vince does in the South Park wrestling episode?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks at a guy holding a loving WORLD championship: "He's a job guy!" Haha, OK then.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

Looks at a guy holding a loving WORLD championship: "He's a job guy!" Haha, OK then.

2 world championships.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
IWC learn what "jobber" actually means challenge 2023

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Drakkel posted:

IWC learn what "jobber" actually means challenge 2023

: impossible

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/EliteClubS0B/status/1704917721895616788

i guess stevie richards wasn't getting enough views on his vids

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Stevie no :smith:

I liked his previous videos a lot; I didn't get a chance to watch this one before it got taken down so I hope this isn't a trend.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Stevie has been doing some conspiracy theory podcast for a few years while no-one was looking.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

These were good when he was just breaking down moves. Glad to see the clicks ruined it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

too many chairshots to the head

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's a shame people are cherry picking that moment from the video because the rest of it was good points.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Senerio posted:

It's a shame people are cherry picking that moment from the video because the rest of it was good points.

when you say a really dumb intentionally incendiary and bad faith thing to get attention people tend to focus on that

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Senerio posted:

I’d day it’s more of a shame he felt he had to pander to a specific audience by including some tremendously dumb poo poo along with his good points.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Just lol at the person who was like "Tony Khan got Stevie's first video taken down!!"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It’s amazing to think that the people who just really want AEW to fail have all this disposable income to sit at the front row at AEW shows

Meanwhile us AEWailures are waiting at the food stamp line

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, I really hope that Stevie doesn't start to pander to the worst types. His other videos have all been very fair and really fun, and he's a likable guy. But, well, rage generates clicks I guess.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

It’s amazing to think that the people who just really want AEW to fail have all this disposable income to sit at the front row at AEW shows

Meanwhile us AEWailures are waiting at the food stamp line

It's so wild. Like drat I wish I had the money and time off work to go to one of the shows they're running an hour away but I just don't right now. I can't imagine the mentality of wanting to go to a show just to fold your arms in disapproval at the product lmfao. Go do something you like instead.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I love the replay on the dance, it really makes it. Stevie has always seemed like a decent guy but I don’t know what his podcast covers.

It feels like these videos come from a genuine place of caring so I get why he’s mad looking from the outside in as a retired wrestler with neck injuries and poo poo, but obviously everyone made the decisions that were right for them. I don’t know that Tony has a second in command who would even run the show the way Vince does even if he did want to leave to join Mox at the hospital.

But also, you can’t just leave every show and go to the hospital if someone gets injured. Vince didn’t leave when Owen died but did when Undertaker got hurt. Make a video about that if you want to complain.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Vince kept running a show as a man died due to his negligence

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Senerio posted:

Nah, I've been watching his videos and they've gone from him giving some informative knowledge and history of moves to this. He still gives all that good info but increasingly keeps slipping in whatever the dumb hot button IWC topic currently is

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nah, I've been watching his videos and they've gone from him giving some informative knowledge and history of moves to this. He still gives all that good info but increasingly keeps slipping in whatever the dumb hot button IWC topic currently is

Because that's what gets views, and of course carnies are going to chase the views. It's the same reason that if you watch one wrestling match from a Japanese microindy suddenly the YouTube algorithm is insisting you really want to watch these Vince Russo and Jim Cornette clips, unless you are sensible and hit the "don't show me poo poo from this channel" button

Right now Youtube has decided I really want to watch Maven's channel.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maven's good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Maven's good

Maybe, but I have never seen a second of Maven wrestling. I was mostly out of wrestling through his run

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t know that Tony has a second in command who would even run the show the way Vince does even if he did want to leave to join Mox at the hospital.

Tony leaves the arena to go check on Mox at the hospital, and Bryan Danielson picks up his headset in gorilla and just keeps yelling out “GRAB HIS DICK AND TWIST IT!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

haunted bong posted:

Tony leaves the arena to go check on Mox at the hospital, and Bryan Danielson picks up his headset in gorilla and just keeps yelling out “GRAB HIS DICK AND TWIST IT!”

Tony is a loving unforgivable monster for not going to the hospital with Mox!!