Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

droppingdimes calling his shot
https://twitter.com/droppingdimes02/status/1704987938273013781

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I hope this is true and Dame gets a ring wherever he goes next year and then the Blazers win every ring forever after that, make it happen Cronin

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Lockback posted:

Phoenix just going to hamstring themselves for no reason then?

If you don't want to deal with the tax next season I am fairly certain someone would take Ayton for free then instead

Nurkic is about 75% of the player for roughly 50% of the cost. It makes sense, especially if they can squeeze a decent bench player out of the deal.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

looooooool

quote:

[Amick] With Dame, I think the Harden-esque escalation wouldn’t happen unless he were dealt to a team like, say, Toronto, where he clearly doesn’t want to be.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

#goatlife
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1704828082564006138

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thinking once again about Alabama state treasurer Young Boozer.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Nurkic is about 75% of the player for roughly 50% of the cost. It makes sense, especially if they can squeeze a decent bench player out of the deal.

Nurk has been wildly inconsistent since his injury. Sometimes he looks great, he dominated Jokic in a game to start the season. Other times he throws up some of the worst floaters imaginable.

Being on a competitive team might help with his attitude, which I have to think the Suns are banking on

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The only time Nurk has even a decent attitude is when he's getting lots of touches, and well let's see looking at Phoenix's roster well hmmmm

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

phoenix overracting to ayton getting owned by jokic is so insane. anthony davis was playing the best defensive playoffs of anyone ive ever seen going into that series and he got loving worked all the same, the hell did they think ayton was gonna do

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Yeah disagree here. And if you are banking on an attitude reversal I'd much rather do that with the 25 year old who has way more upside, not nearly the injury history, and was actually good the year before last.

Even if Phoenix doesn't want Ayton I'd think you could get a more useful player. I guess it all depends on what happens with picks back and forth.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

phoenix overracting to ayton getting owned by jokic is so insane. anthony davis was playing the best defensive playoffs of anyone ive ever seen going into that series and he got loving worked all the same, the hell did they think ayton was gonna do

I don’t really love the idea of trading him just to trade him but it wouldn’t be just because of that one series. Hell, Ayton normally is actually one of the better guys at defending Jokic.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The real question is how are any of the Suns going to hold up playing 42 minutes a game

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

get ready to learn chinese again Dwight
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1705265378014691789

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

The real question is how are any of the Suns going to hold up playing 42 minutes a game

If it's a 4 team trade maybe the Suns are getting a bunch of depth back. That would make this make more sense.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mean Baby posted:

Nurk has been wildly inconsistent since his injury. Sometimes he looks great, he dominated Jokic in a game to start the season. Other times he throws up some of the worst floaters imaginable.

Being on a competitive team might help with his attitude, which I have to think the Suns are banking on

which game was that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

which game was that

The ones where he was on the same team making the team look like poo poo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I don’t really love the idea of trading him just to trade him but it wouldn’t be just because of that one series. Hell, Ayton normally is actually one of the better guys at defending Jokic.

He really is. One of Jokic's strengths is figuring out his matchup over a long period of time, trying to beat Jokic by trading for a guy that Jokic spent a year and a half training against in practice is insane. Maybe they're hoping that the motivational factor of Bosnian/Serbian ethnic tensions elevates Nurkic's play.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No idea who this guy is, how he plays, or what he does other than shoot (spot-up???) 3s:

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1705270479488004439?s=20

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Your best bet to stop Jokic is to have someone who looks like a horse guard him

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

You need to find a balkan with some sort of hereditary blood feud with the Jokic clan.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Miami signed nikola jovic, who i understand looks exactly like nikola jokic but with a goatee, to attempt that but it didn't work

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ghost Dog posted:

I think it’s more of a reaction to him turning into a malcontent slug since the finals run.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/zach_idiot/status/1705273125280125325?s=20

morestuff fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 22, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What being teammates with enes freedom does to you

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
X fuxking sucks and isnt loading what is it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Living example of FCHWPO!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The embed still works if you manually change x.com back to twitter.com in the link

At first enes is like "hey some friends of mine from DC are in town you guys mind if i invite them to hang out" next thing you know you're holding hands with MBS

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 22, 2023

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it is incredible that the suns are moving ayton because literally anyone that they get back is going to be a marked downgrade

i understand you don't want to use up a max on a guy who you're only using for rim running and defense but, like, idk, that seems like a failure of imagination?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

which game was that

The one at the bottom when Jokic had 9 pts

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dame wants to play in phoenix yall.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://x.com/erictweetsnba/status/1704890888734801924?s=46

Lol. The battle for the heart of Marcus Smart

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dame, book, beal, kbd, Durant at the 5, Gordon and watanabe come off the bench. The first team ever to average 150 a game

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I do think drew eubanks and nurkic could end up contributing the value of like…an ok center. Idk I don’t love it if this actually does happen but whatever

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Or a donkey

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mean Baby posted:

The one at the bottom when Jokic had 9 pts

i hope you'll understand that i don't consider 13/12/6 in 35 minutes on .431 TS% against Jokic's 9/9/9 in 27 minutes on .846 TS% to be "dominating Jokic."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

snyprmag posted:

Or a donkey

Does Draymond perform well against him?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cronin: all these randos are ruining our bargaining position Woj get out there and run counter information

quote:

[Wojnarowski] Talks have intensified this week with Damian Lillard, but still there's no trade imminent... The Miami Heat have NOT been a part of the ongoing discussions.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I think it’s more of a reaction to him turning into a malcontent slug since the finals run.

i dont have room in my mind palace for suns minutae, the last thing about them i learn is all I can recall and the last suns thing was their coach calling him a soft baby bitch who is worse than jock langdale in a sideline interview during that series.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

verbal enema posted:

Does Draymond perform well against him?

No one can stop him, but Dray and Loon slowed him down enough (though without Murray).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont have room in my mind palace for suns minutae, the last thing about them i learn is all I can recall and the last suns thing was their coach calling him a soft baby bitch who is worse than jock langdale in a sideline interview during that series.

Monty absolutely hated him yeah