Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I noticed I also don't have the phone tracking on my UPS My Choice, despite having the address up to date in UPS and verifying the Ship To address is correct in the Apple Store.

Brown is kind of stinky, who would have thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
lmao please dont be a loving weirdo and track down the UPS truck to get your iPhone a few hours early. You will survive.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snowy posted:

I just found out UPS stopped the live truck location map and I might die. It saved hours to be able to pick up a package when it was driving past my block rather than waiting for them to do bizarre loop-de-loops around a huge neighborhood. Or maybe deciding that was enough for the day and they’ll try it again the next business day if time allows.

Did the UPS driver ever draw on you when you pulled up and approached them?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
iPhone thread and being weird about shipping, a union for the ages. Now we just need to get timb in here to complain about the color temperature on his 4th launch day return.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

If anyone hasn't yet upgraded and has AT&T, I just saw that Costco will give you an additional $100 costco card, $50 in bill credits over 10 months (lol), and waive the activation fee if you upgrade or add a new line through them. Seems like T-Mobile is often the only deals Costco has.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Holy CRAP the iPhone 15 in blue is super pale

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My 15 pro was delivered early.

My only thought so far (which I haven't seen mentioned yet) is that the included USB-C cable is a nice woven design that feels high quality.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

my entire street has construction going on i hope the fedex guy still delivers. pray for me.

also do/did you guys backup your phone to your computer first before doing the transfer? i don't really trust the cloud process..

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

lmao please dont be a loving weirdo and track down the UPS truck to get your iPhone a few hours early. You will survive.

Things are different in NYC, there’s a decent chance it won’t even get delivered today so it’s worth it. Believe it or not when I’ve done it they’re actually grateful for saving them a trip into another apartment building for a signature. Last time the guy wanted to chill at the truck and talk about new phones.

I’m sure people get weird about it like anything else but if you’re friendly and have ID ready it makes their day easier in my experience.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

UPS trucks in NYC should probably play ice cream truck music, slowly ambling down the street to give people time to rush out of their building and get their new iphone.

(playing U2 music of course)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Make neighborhood deliveries come out of a big communal sack like mail day at boot camp

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Nothing but hate and disdain towards the goons who get their phones before I do today.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think I'll just trade my mums 12 Pro which somehow is at like 84% battery even after I paid for a battery replacement when I gave it to her a few years ago. Then she can have my 14 pro which is still at 100% battery life.

Also it's a bit annoying that they bumped the base storage on the Pro Max but not the pro.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So how decent are the silicone cases for office idiots like myself? I’m clumsy so it’ll fall on hard surfaces from time to time, but that should last a few years right? Wouldn’t bother asking if the cases were $25, but $50 is in the eehhhhhh zone.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

xzzy posted:

UPS trucks in NYC should probably play ice cream truck music, slowly ambling down the street to give people time to rush out of their building and get their new iphone.

(playing U2 music of course)

I would seriously prefer this.

My buzzer is a little confusing and on a busy day that’s enough for them to say “delivery attempted” and move on

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

my entire street has construction going on i hope the fedex guy still delivers. pray for me.

also do/did you guys backup your phone to your computer first before doing the transfer? i don't really trust the cloud process..

The cloud is fine.

Trust the cloud.

The computer backup can be whack.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
This thing feels nice, my fingers are already smudging it, the included cable is fancy.

I am pretty sure my Indiana jones hands can feel the difference in weight.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was one of the first people there and everything went pretty smoothly. I was surprised that they were still taking orders that day. I would have gone for the Natural Titanium if I saw it in person first but I ordered a white, which is fine.

I kinda wish they waited to release the iOS update today so that the phone upgrade felt more substantial.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

If anyone hasn't yet upgraded and has AT&T, I just saw that Costco will give you an additional $100 costco card, $50 in bill credits over 10 months (lol), and waive the activation fee if you upgrade or add a new line through them. Seems like T-Mobile is often the only deals Costco has.
I did this for the 13 Pro launch and it was a disaster. The Costco mobile kiosks are 3rd party and despite the $185 savings, it took many, many hours across multiple phone calls to get everything sorted. The cherry on top is that Costco never told me my phone was ready for pickup at the store; I only knew because I was following tracking.

Reddit agrees with me as well. I don't think there's a single positive testimonial.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m really happy with the 15 Pro and I think it’s gonna be my “stop upgrading until it dies or there’s a serious leap in camera tech” phone.

The USB port alone makes me totally content with keeping this device for however many years.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rolo posted:

I’m really happy with the 15 Pro and I think it’s gonna be my “stop upgrading until it dies or there’s a serious leap in camera tech” phone.

Me when I bought my 11.

I can finally have a 2x zoom that isn't trash

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Rolo posted:

This thing feels nice, my fingers are already smudging it, the included cable is fancy.

I am pretty sure my Indiana jones hands can feel the difference in weight.

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/09/21/apple-on-iphone-15-pro-fingerprints/

FINGERGATE
TITANIUMGATE
TITGATE

The yearly -gate is upon us!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
When i worked for fedex sometimes our customer service lady would call me (which immediately pissed me off because i did not give my personal number to her and she got it from someone else) and would ask me if a customer she was talking to could meet me somewhere to get their package

100% of the time i would laugh and tell her no, they could get it at the station whenever i got done for the day

Those dudes do not want to break their route or wait on your dumbass in a parking lot. Every minute extra they spend on road in their already 10+ hour day is a minute they get less with their families. Be grateful if they get it to you today and work through customer service requests to hold at a location the next day if possible.

If you just cant wait, remember next year to go to a brick and mortar, imo

e: not to mention it’s a safety concern, for all they know you’re a disgruntled psycho with a bone to pick

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You could have just not answered the calls.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

I did this for the 13 Pro launch and it was a disaster. The Costco mobile kiosks are 3rd party and despite the $185 savings, it took many, many hours across multiple phone calls to get everything sorted. The cherry on top is that Costco never told me my phone was ready for pickup at the store; I only knew because I was following tracking.

Reddit agrees with me as well. I don't think there's a single positive testimonial.

Yuck, that sounds like hell. Maybe they've fixed it? You can do it all online directly through AT&T now. I just got a harassing notification from the AT&T app about my unfinished transaction.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

jabro posted:

You could have just not answered the calls.

Yeah after it happened 2 or 3 times I did save the number as “(PERSONS NAME) DO NOT ANSWER” but when youre in the middle of running 20 stops an hour you dont stop to fumble through your call history, and when you have a wife and kid you answer unknown local numbers.

I even complained to management on the person that gave my number to her. Yall aint paying for it, yall aint using it for work poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah after it happened 2 or 3 times I did save the number as “(PERSONS NAME) DO NOT ANSWER” but when youre in the middle of running 20 stops an hour you dont stop to fumble through your call history

I even complained to management on the person that gave my number to her. Yall aint paying for it, yall aint using it for work poo poo.

lol I was gonna say. After the first call or two that would have been on my block list.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

imo never deal with a kiosk or “authorized reseller.” Your poo poo is just gonna get hosed up.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Fwiw the company that runs the Costco kiosks went out of business shortly after the 13 launch. They used to be a good place to work and buy phones from, I was in management with them.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

is there anything from usps that lets me watch the truck. i want to get food but dont want to miss the truck

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So this is annoying…

If you have a WiFi 6E network with a unique name it puts up a big warning in settings that your network is “Limited Compatibility” that won’t go away.

I haven’t run into any issues using 6E , though.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068

Zero One fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 22, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's the resolution of photos taken by the 15 series cameras? I've heard about the 12/24/48MP files but no actual resolution numbers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phone is set up and running. It updated during setup, so everything seems to have transferred no problem. Watch is taking a bit to move over. Seems like A Good Phone.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Endless Mike posted:

Phone is set up and running. It updated during setup, so everything seems to have transferred no problem. Watch is taking a bit to move over. Seems like A Good Phone.

Yeah mine took forever to move over but it didn’t have any other issues. Also watch OS 10 is pretty dope. There’s finally a “now playing” thing I can tap while playing music without having to dedicate a complication to it. I feel like controlling my phones music on it as a whole is a better, less janky experience.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ha, my Fedex guy just dropped my phones on my porch and ran. Must be a busy day.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Maybe he had to poop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Transferring data including 170GB of pics/videos took about an hour and a half from my 13 Pro. The process of adding Wallet cards took a while because I had to enter the security codes for like 10 cards but generally a smooth process.

You're prompted to updated iOS before starting the transfer.

edit: If you care, remember to transfer your signal chat history before wiping your old phone. I forgot. :negative:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 22, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

What's the resolution of photos taken by the 15 series cameras? I've heard about the 12/24/48MP files but no actual resolution numbers.

There's lots of little options you can change that will affect this, but by default at 4:3:

The main 1x lens takes 5712x4284 24mp photos.

The others shoot 4032x3024 12mp.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
"Unable to activate eSIM" when transferring the phone # over. Joy.

Edit: Then it said unable to transfer date, reset phone to try again.
EditEdit: Third time was the charm.

CaptainCrunch fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Josh Lyman posted:

edit: If you care, remember to transfer your signal chat history before wiping your old phone. I forgot. :negative:

The chat history is still there on the old phone after doing the phone to phone transfer?