Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ideogram.ai has working text too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Yeah I've posted a bunch of Stable Diffusion XL with good text a bunch already, text is here. We'll see if Dall-E 3 can output perfect text all the time or not, SD XL can generally get really close at the start with extra refining and control to get it where you want. Midjourney's and Dall-E IIs lack of fine control is what makes them difficult to use in a tool like setting.

Tools are all about control and if I can't specifically tune aspects of whatever is generated then it's more like a toy slot machine. Still cool, still able to be used as a tool in a greater production but severely limits it's apeal for that.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Doctor Zero posted:

If it will give me a picture of a 1920s gangster holding an ugly coffee mug, I will hail it as lord and savior.

Fake edit: working text :swoon:

Good news: SDXL can do it. Bad news: The mugs are ugly because the print on them are kind of horror.

I also made some covers for Tony Hawk Pro Chef.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wait, 3 access is available now? Where/how?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
You need the $20/month chatgpt subscription to get access, but they are still slowly rolling it out to everyone so even with the sub you still probably won't get it right away.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ah. Yeah, I've got the sub but don't see anything yet.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Copied all the text from this page and used it as the prompt because gently caress it dude

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 22, 2023

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

yeah im puffin

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

unzin posted:

Copied all the text from this page and used it as the prompt because gently caress it dude

Fed your post into the prompt thing. Second result kind of looks like a Parking Lot is Full style art

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 24, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The infamous Banana mines of Afghanistan (1923)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dalle3 looks to do what I like in Bing but better I love making weird poo poo in Bing. Dalle 3 needs a release already

e:
Robot making chicken

pixaal fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 25, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, they're saying October. I've got a project that I'm about to start working on that I really want to see if it's a good fit for. I can use a combo of MJ and SD and Photoshop/Firefly to get what I want after a lot of wrangling, but have my fingers crossed that the coherence in Dall E 3 can save me a ton of time.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Any tips for getting the look of a black-and-white Victorian newspaper illustration style? I've been trying various combinations of etching/engraving/woodblock print/ink illustration/block printing and haven't found anything that knocks it out of the park.

"ink engraving of [subject matter], front view, woodcut, 1880s ink illustration, minimalist, sharp linework, black and white block print"

is okay, but can either be way too busy, or just look like a pencil sketch. I basically want everything to look like a medium-detailed woodcut print, or at its busiest, the engraving style of an American dollar bill. Using Virgil Finlay as an artist style got me some hit-or-miss results, but generally results were too dense and busy.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 25, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

feedmyleg posted:

Any tips for getting the look of a black-and-white Victorian newspaper illustration style? I've been trying various combinations of etching/engraving/woodblock print/ink illustration/block printing and haven't found anything that knocks it out of the park.

"ink engraving of [subject matter], front view, woodcut, 1880s ink illustration, minimalist, sharp linework, black and white block print"

is okay, but can either be way too busy, or just look like a pencil sketch. I basically want everything to look like a medium-detailed woodcut print, or at its busiest, the engraving style of an American dollar bill. Using Virgil Finlay as an artist style got me some hit-or-miss results, but generally results were too dense and busy.

A Victorian-era newspaper illustration of a pugilist fighting a kangaroo:

Is this what you're talking about?

Edit: same as above but political cartoon instead of illustration:

hydroceramics fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 25, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Unfortunately not. That sort of thing I've been able to get, but it's much too high-fidelity for what I'm hoping for. I was thinking more along these lines:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

These don't really fit that style exactly but I like them.

black and white crosshatching, horse, line art, simple, sketch, engraved, stamp, basic comic, pointillism, logo
Negative prompt: detailed, shading

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
That art style can be called intaglio or guilloche, try those terms

Edit:

pzy fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 26, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

pzy posted:

Edit:

wow these are awesome

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

pzy posted:

Edit:

Hmm, I didn't get anything like that with those terms.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Same. That's exactly the result I want, but I'm not getting it. Mind sharing the full prompt and model?

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Of course! I thought Bing embedded the prompt, honestly.

1. Detailed intaglio representation of an early 20th-century scientist as seen on banknotes
2. Intaglio engraved portrait of a historical figure resembling currency artwork
3. Banknote design that merges intaglio depictions of cityscapes with swirling guilloché details

I think "banknote" or "currently" might be a key term

Edit:

"engraving that merges a colorful detailed intaglio depiction of a well hung lothario with intricate guilloché chaps"

Close enough

pzy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 26, 2023

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Dreamshaper gives this kind of thing...

But it also gave me this pink slime hamburger canal. So that went straight into the euphemism pile.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Bing seems better at handling requests for less detailed styles. I think MJ is trained too hard on making the most commonly requested stuff (photos and detailed digital paintings) come out good at the expense of difficulty handling specific niche styles and less detailed styles in general

SD I can't say, not familiar with it for this stuff

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm having some success using MJ to make the general shape of what I want, then moving it over to SD and using ControlNet to apply style via depth. It's not an ideal process, and the results end up looking a bit more like a Moebius illustration than a banknote, but it's definitely workable for the project I'm working on. I'll try throwing banknote in to see if it inches a bit closer.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Are there any especially cool/fun free ai face animator apps or sites that I could use to do a new version of my avatar?

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
horrifying

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Is this a cave of fingers, or a mouth with fingers dangling from the roof?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Apparently this is the current new meme poo poo.
Scale down/zoom out (or squint) to see what it's about.

Works with a controlnet originally made for novel QR codes:
https://huggingface.co/monster-labs/control_v1p_sd15_qrcode_monster/tree/main

Oliver Sarikas has a short primer video on how to with A1111, I tried it in InvokeAI, works as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI8zJ_qFVMY

Here's another one putting the concept into motion with PikaLabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vim8eTHJfg

Expecting this to pop up in a bunch of advertising campaigns shortly.
The "IKEA" one in the thumbnail of this video is pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PpYsaAoYF8

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

mcbexx posted:

found this on tumblr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

mcbexx posted:

Works with a controlnet originally made for novel QR codes:
https://huggingface.co/monster-labs/control_v1p_sd15_qrcode_monster/tree/main

Oliver Sarikas has a short primer video on how to with A1111, I tried it in InvokeAI, works as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI8zJ_qFVMY

Here's another one putting the concept into motion with PikaLabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vim8eTHJfg

Expecting this to pop up in a bunch of advertising campaigns shortly.
The "IKEA" one in the thumbnail of this video is pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PpYsaAoYF8

Obamna?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Nice! What was the prompt?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

That prompt is a bit of a mishmash of wildcards and the last prompt I had used before.

wheatfield yellow fashion bridal gown, abstract, gothic, goth, mosaic, female curves, surreal photography, abstract, lillian bassman, ((colorful and vibrant)), cruz-diez, i can't believe how beautiful this is, in the style of Moebius, Beksinski, Willem de Kooning, minimalism, sci-fi, fantasy, bright interplay of light and shadows, vibrant high-contrast, cinematic, hdr, interesting crosshatching, line art, simple, sketch, engraved, stamp, intaglio, guilloche
Negative prompt: detailed, shading
Model: dreamshaperXL10

Different wildcards but I like the results.

Sedgr fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 27, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the breed of dog that max used to be before a witch turned him in to a human --weird 500 --ar 4:3 --s 50

Not sure why it included a sex toy.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally installing Automatic 1111 on my system rather than using online services, but I'm hitting an error. Every time I try to run anything, I get:

I used this guide to install everything and it doesn't seem like I got any errors. I tracked down this reddit post which links to a github post which tells me to change a line in "webui-user.sh" which I did, here:

However, unlike everyone on the Reddit and Github threads, I still get the exact same error every time. Anyone have any clue?

If not, how do I trash it all and start over? I tried deleting the "stable-diffusion-webui" folder and doing it all again, but got the same error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

feedmyleg posted:

Finally installing Automatic 1111 on my system rather than using online services, but I'm hitting an error. Every time I try to run anything, I get:

I used this guide to install everything and it doesn't seem like I got any errors. I tracked down this reddit post which links to a github post which tells me to change a line in "webui-user.sh" which I did, here:

However, unlike everyone on the Reddit and Github threads, I still get the exact same error every time. Anyone have any clue?

If not, how do I trash it all and start over? I tried deleting the "stable-diffusion-webui" folder and doing it all again, but got the same error.

Here I was scratching my head at your problem since I don't know anything about Macs but reading up says --no-half should fix everything... but it's much much simpler than that.

Remove the # on #export.

# comments out the lines so it's not read as code. Should work now.

Generate something nice for me. I like Monster Trucks.