Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Gorn Myson posted:

Theres always the risk with these things that you end up promoting GB News's engagement online but I honestly don't mind it. Their pitch was clearly "we're Fox News for the UK" only they didn't realise that the entire British media establishment already is Fox News so they're unnecessary and they've been tanking since day one.

They're always boasting on twitter on any day where they might have had more viewers for a particular show than the mainstream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
That Daubney video is so so so good. Crucial viewing. No it’s CHIP CHAPMAN

Also what a name, Chip Chapman. Presumably the brother of Chap Chipman

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

I think GBNews is here to stay. Clips like that michael crick one play entirely into their hands. They want to be the 'no nonsense telling it like it is' news station.

It feels like the whole infrastructure of news broadcasting and journalism in the UK has fallen to pieces. There is no editorial balance, and hasn't been for a long time. All that's left are a handful of dinosaurs like Crick who think that as long as "my segment" is conducted reasonably fairly then there is balance in news (do not worry about the whole consent manufacturing of news in the UK which frames how my segment came about, or where it fits into a wider conversation).

It's very on-brand for the UK. Nobody will care that the country is faling to pieces until we lose something performative and superficial like the proms.

winegums fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 22, 2023

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean the entire newspaper industry is a money loser that's only kept around to stop the left from existing, don't see why their TV would be different.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Beefeater1980 posted:

I enjoyed the misery.

british u say

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

lool the face at the end

it's like someone's shat themsel right beside her

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
justice for ruth badger

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean the entire newspaper industry is a money loser that's only kept around to stop the left from existing, don't see why their TV would be different.

I got personalised (actual full name, god knows where they got that) junk mail in the post today from the Telegraph... straight into the recycle bin of course but that's some weird poo poo to send a culchie in rural NI. :wtf:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Just Another Lurker posted:

I got personalised (actual full name, god knows where they got that) junk mail in the post today from the Telegraph... straight into the recycle bin of course but that's some weird poo poo to send a culchie in rural NI. :wtf:

isn’t the electoral register public or something similar

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
everyone look at the big shitey babby man lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Is that the guy shrieking about pronouns in Baldur's Gate?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

justice for ruth badger
Everybody knows badger loves mashed potatoes. It is a matter of public interest.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
but what percentage of our mashed potato do we import

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Julio Cruz posted:

but what percentage of our mashed potato do we import

I'm not sure what the exact number is, but I know It's. A. Disgrace!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i love that despite having been the goddamn prime minister, her doing a silly speech about pork markets and cheese this one time is going to deservedly be like a good third of her legacy

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the queen chose death over having to loving listen to her shite another time

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

crispix posted:

the queen chose death over having to loving listen to her shite another time

Like Yoda listening to Luke whine in Return of the Jedi

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i saw her on TV the other day and she's still doing the mad voice which i think is supposed to sound like thatcher but sounds like a little girl playing house and pretending to be daddy

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Indeed. On the top right is an action figure of himself.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

And he actually does still live with his mum, used to watch him on YT years ago, when he was saner/ish. :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kegluneq posted:

Might not be this one but God I loved Jarvis books as a kid. Deeply hosed up stuff for a ten year old to be reading anyway.

I think that might be it!

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Akshually it was that starfield game. If he knew about all the sucking and loving and pronouns in bg3 he'd have a stroke.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Angepain posted:

i love that despite having been the goddamn prime minister, her doing a silly speech about pork markets and cheese this one time is going to deservedly be like a good third of her legacy
Probably also the lettuce for another 3rd.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I've never been entirely sure who is actually watching GB News, and how that can be in sufficient numbers to pay their advertisers. It screams "collapse in a year or two" to me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They're probably using the same bullshit that silicon valley startups use, where you can make a huge loss for years before anyone even starts to think about asking for any money back.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The point is to generate viral clips and have a constant presence pushing that point of view, I guess. Doesn't need to be profitable in the short term: it's the long game that matters.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Media types have constantly gone on about how our print press may be garbage but our broadcast media is extremely high standard. Then GBNews turned up and showed that was a load of poo poo. Turns out you can just be as stupid and partisan as you like with no repercussions.

Yet another aspect of the UK which falls to pieces when you look behind the curtain.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Starfield IIRC, but yes.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Starfield IIRC, but yes.

An immensely lovely game to get yourself worked up out about frankly

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Not buying it but the shipbuilding section looks cool, though it still has controls made by Todd. :barf:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Bethesda's games are like a giant bowl of porridge

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I can never tell how good it is, because every time I check online it's either the second coming of christ or the worst affront to humanity since Jeffrey Epstein.

My brother played it and apparently it's 'fun enough if you liked fallout.'

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

EvilHawk posted:

It screams "collapse in a year or two" to me.

Much like the blood pressure of the average GBNews viewer

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can never tell how good it is, because every time I check online it's either the second coming of christ or the worst affront to humanity since Jeffrey Epstein.

My brother played it and apparently it's 'fun enough if you liked fallout.'

There is a time and a place for a giant bowl of unflavoured porridge, but if someone was eating it and raving about how it deserves some of those stars granted by the tyre company, you would know they need to try more foods.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I went to a waitrose today and spotted a £26 bottle of fancy olive oil and im still a little bit in shock.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

winegums posted:

Akshually it was that starfield game. If he knew about all the sucking and loving and pronouns in bg3 he'd have a stroke.
No you see thats a fantasy setting full of magic nonsense, starfield cant have pronouns because its based in science fact!!!!!

In the future we'll travel the distant stars through highly scientific fast travel menus and were banning all nouns not just pronouns just to be safe.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Fumble posted:

I went to a waitrose today and spotted a £26 bottle of fancy olive oil and im still a little bit in shock.

I went to waitrose today weed myself outside the entrance

I went on to abuse their £5 meal deal offer, with a combined £3.75 saving:

I feel like the two balanced each other out

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

weird how these bald nazi cunts never complain about having to face casual nouns

makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
tesco meal deal is like £3.40!

How can houmous be spelt differently in the same meal deal!!!