Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

exactly, they're perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

honestly Jade's storylines in AEW were worse and less consistent than the average WWE storyline so i don't think she has much to lose by going. she had baddies and mark sterling and then red velvet became a baddie and then red velvet wasn't a baddie and she had stokely hathaway instead, and then kiera hogan disappeared? and then bow wow sent her a video. and then she had mark sterling again. and then leila grey was a baddie for a while, until she also disappeared? idk.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all caps GUNTHER is like the one good name wwe's come up with in decades

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Endorph posted:

all caps GUNTHER is like the one good name wwe's come up with in decades

They didn't come up with that they just shifted his all caps from one name to another.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Most of their renames suck but I actually came to like Daniel Bryan. Might help that I wasn't familiar with his work beforehand.

The women's renames also seem to be less offensive on the whole, give or take a DOUDROP or two.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Didn’t Gunther have a last name before they realized that’s a nazi name

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

honestly Jade's storylines in AEW were worse and less consistent than the average WWE storyline so i don't think she has much to lose by going. she had baddies and mark sterling and then red velvet became a baddie and then red velvet wasn't a baddie and she had stokely hathaway instead, and then kiera hogan disappeared? and then bow wow sent her a video. and then she had mark sterling again. and then leila grey was a baddie for a while, until she also disappeared? idk.

She needed the over changing menagerie of spinning plates: the streak, the belt, the lawyer manager, the baddies, the baddie drama, the non-lawyer manager, C-list celeb feuds, all of it to hide the fact that she was a lovely wrestler.

Now, WWE is much better at the spinning plates distraction because they have to cover for a lot more lovely wrestlers than AEW does, BUT WWE is also very lazy when it comes to people they don't care about and they have a difficult time staying focused on people they do care about, so... who knows.

As for gimmicks I would guess it's either a bland, great athlete gimmick where she mimes playing basketball like she did sometimes in AEW but like she does it all the time, or they make give her a wine-throwing Real Housewives gimmick because her husband is a famous sports guy.

Which, actually, a Real Housewives gimmick is not that bad of an idea. She can have a group of minions like Chelsea Green bragging about her indy wrestler husband and maybe some third lady.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

Didn’t Gunther have a last name before they realized that’s a nazi name

initially he was called Gunther Hitler until someone pointed out Hitler was a famous Nazi name and they were like "woah, what? we didn't know that, our bad." And they dropped the name and started working on Dom's Wrestlemania video package.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

That DICK! posted:

a cyborg goes to the ancient past to train an ancient cavewoman in the art of cyber-fighting. she is, the american cavewoman jade cargill

Made a fire
In a hole
Re-strung me old wooden bow
Now go out to shoot some food to eat

Flashing light, hurt me eyes
See big scary metal guy
Me run away and hide behind a tree
OHH NOOOO

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

initially he was called Gunther Hitler until someone pointed out Hitler was a famous Nazi name and they were like "woah, what? we didn't know that, our bad." And they dropped the name and started working on Dom's Wrestlemania video package.

lol

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Made a fire
In a hole
Re-strung me old wooden bow
Now go out to shoot some food to eat

Flashing light, hurt me eyes
See big scary metal guy
Me run away and hide behind a tree
OHH NOOOO

lmao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't think much good can come from attempting to psychoanalyze why someone would change their workplace or what their goals are.

I see you're new to the world of online wrestling discussion, my friend

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

I don’t see what the problem is

https://youtu.be/u-w4H5a2u4c?si=Bq0Sej8GKlNLH3uP

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://www.axios.com/2023/09/21/vince-mcmahon-exit-tko-wwe

TKO might be setting to sell Vince's shares. That was fast.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

From what I've read this is massively misleading.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Take Dunn with you, Vince. Pretty please.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Waffleopolis posted:

on one hand, he did explicitly say when he took back the company that he was only staying in charge long enough to organize and execute the sale of the company

on the other hand, he's a loving carny piece of poo poo so i'll believe it when it actually happens

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vince should have named his son prince

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gonz posted:

Take Dunn with you, Vince. Pretty please.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The blurbs in that article don't really tell me the whole story so for simplicity's sake, selling his shares != exiting the company, right? He could still stay on in whatever his dumb role running WWE is without his shares?

It sounds like this is also partly TKO covering themselves if they need to cut him quickly due to all of the poo poo he has going on legally as well?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shard posted:

Gade Kargill

Cade Jargill

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jade is going to do very well in wwe - her charisma and look will be enough to vault her over the trash they'll write for her to say

although I thought athena should have gotten her push in aew because I'm a huge athena mark I hope she's successful in wwe too because they're both great

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't think much good can come from attempting to psychoanalyze why someone would change their workplace or what their goals are.

Shitload

Of

Money

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I was under the impression Vince wanted the TV deals done before selling. He succeeded for Smackdown at least but Vince gonna Vince.

As for Raw and NXT? I see Raw going to Tuesday and NXT to Thursday. Impact likely isn't big enough to worry about. Obviously the NFL will be a issue but they'll be on Amazon minus 4 games (Season Opener & US Thanksgiving). It's also the developmental brand.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

RIP Jade. WWE is your family now.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

yea ok posted:

ziggler seems to be one of the 'big' names being thrown around

shelton gone

https://twitter.com/sheltyb803/status/1704888168560906292

I very much enjoyed Shelton Benjamin's recent work.

Not him being on TV, coz I don't watch WWE and I don't think they used him much. But more him getting to goof around and play video games and muck about with his friends on UUDD. Friends who clearly like him and enjoy his company.

He was also loving awesome back in the day with WGTT, but that goes without saying.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://x.com/SuperKingofBros/status/1705363043037646872?s=20

1 sex pest gone.....

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

congrats to wwe fans who don't have to pretend he's funny and not a creep anymore

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Broooooooooo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

He will now canonically remain the only person Randy Orton has never betrayed.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tony if you sign riddle I swear to god

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

He will now canonically remain the only person Randy Orton has never betrayed.

Who do you think made the call?

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Even if you discount the lawsuit made against him, the guy is clearly a bad person. He has caused a lot of people pain and that is just the stuff we know publicly. I hope he gets well for the sake of his children.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Will Josh Barnett give Bloodsport back, do you think

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/kriszellner/status/1705366876543496456?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Vague-Xing……

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean, what I know already is enough.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- John Cena and AJ Styles promo

- Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar vs. Street Profits

- Spoiler Segments

- Women's Title: IYO SKY vs. Asuka

- SPOILER TAG MATCH

- Contract signing spoiler segment

BACKSTAGE NEWS

- Cameron Grimes vs. Ashante Adoni is scheduled for a pre show dark match

- Becky Lynch is at the show to work a dark match

SPOILERS

- Solo Sikoa and Jimmy Uso are to interrupt the opening segment

- Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar vs. LWO

- Charlotte Flair, Bayley and Dakota Kai are set to be ringside for the title match.

- Spoiler tag match: Brawling Brutes vs. Austin Theory & Grayson Waller

- LA Knight is to be involved in the main event contract signing that involves John Cena, Solo SIkoa and Jimmy Uso. He's slated to also compete in a dark match after the show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

My favorite Riddle memory is when Seth called him a bitch-rear end loser whose family left him, then he pinned him in the middle of the ring, proving that he is, in fact, a bitch-rear end loser whose family left him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My favorite Riddle memory is when his lawyer printed out a press release on CD label paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

https://twitter.com/kriszellner/status/1705367361904083148?s=46&t=XvrQwNe2ohQa_fKBAbwFNg

:captainpop: