Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I wonder what Scholz' excuse will be to not send Taurus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mistle posted:

I think you will find that Northrop, Lockheed, et al. whispered in their ear "it's actually good"

Oh poo poo

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mistle posted:

Pretty sure that cleared the bar clear into "Jingoism" territory.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Ukraine War: Ask Prigoshin, how much Putin's promises are worth

I think you will find that Northrop, Lockheed, et al. whispered in their ear "it's actually good"

When reality delivers better reality than satire can satire, you lose a few people to attrition.

Hell, even the NY Times Pitchbot threw in the towel once or twice, unable to compete with an actual thing that happened.

I think Rostov-on-Gone should have been a title suggestion too.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Christ. The state of this

And the link to Russia?

Sure. Sure.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

beer_war posted:

I wonder what Scholz' excuse will be to not send Taurus.

Or region locking also that weapon system so that Ukrainians can only shoot themselves with it.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Gosh, if we deliver Taurus, the Ukrainians might actually use them. :ohdear:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I mean, wouldn't you want to use this baby if you had it?

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 22, 2023

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Nice view of this mornings interception of storm shadows by the black sea HQ:

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1705274021523214437?t=OAUX06KagTXIXYKn9MMjCQ&s=19

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://x.com/berlin_bridge/status/1705282007398252841?s=20

lmao if true.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:byetankie:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Now that they got a fistful of atacms what is the time line for handing over the remaining supply of moabs, some old nikes from out of a museum and those ones that were designed to plunge through ten concrete layers of subterranean bunker? Because those Kerch bridge footings have got to gtfo.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

:byetankie::byetankie::byetankie:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

You’ve lost *another* Admiral mister ambassador??

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Now that they got a fistful of atacms what is the time line for handing over the remaining supply of moabs, some old nikes from out of a museum and those ones that were designed to plunge through ten concrete layers of subterranean bunker? Because those Kerch bridge footings have got to gtfo.

I'm waiting for the Minuteman

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

large hands posted:

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1705274021523214437?t=OAUX06KagTXIXYKn9MMjCQ&s=19

Holy poo poo

Holy lol. He's just the "soldier that was missing"

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 22, 2023

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If I punched you in the face for this post then broke every bone in your hands so you couldn't make anymore posts then you'd feel no differently than if I wrote out a well considered disagreement and got a mod to ban you? Basically the same thing as far as you're concerned?

we both know that mods on SA don't listen to any "well considered disagreements", they just call it a slapfight and probe you both

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Condescending goon bickering still feeds my soul, thank you.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow just the kind of person who is on the right side of history!!

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1705282229079789912

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Toxic Mental posted:

Wow just the kind of person who is on the right side of history!!

Looks like her latest check cleared.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Deki posted:

Technically his theories were a big part of the design of computer languages, but yeah, complete bust as far as how actual human speech is developed.

That's even worse!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Imagine giving a poo poo about the onion in 2023.

I like the funny posts they write op.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1705204143369941491

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This seems similar to what happened after the NATO summit a well. Is behaviour for domestic consumption in Ukraine? Because I can't help but feel that he needs to step away from the international diplomacy, his recent actions haven't done Ukraine any favours.

It's election season in Poland, and the PM is a complete idiot flailing about. It's less that Zelensky is causing trouble, and more that Polish politics are stupid for the next short term.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I always knew Carlson was a scumbag who fronted for anyone who had deep enough pockets to pay him whatever he asked for, but isn't this pretty much formally outing him as a Russian asset? And turning him into "worked for a hostile regime" propagandist who pretty much has to live in Belarus or Russia for the rest of his life?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Marjorie Taylor Greene and Tucker Carlson ate are gigantic pieces of poo poo.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
but imagine their babies

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Rad Russian posted:

Biden is probably afraid of an "escalation" event happening before the next election, hurting his re-election chances. The only realistic event he can be thinking of is Ukraine blowing up the Kerch bridge and Russia going hog wild mad. If this is what he's afraid of, he might only go all in on the real warhead ATACMs after the election, so the end of 2024. That way Republicans won't be able to hammer him on it. However, that's a looong wait for Ukraine.

I can't see any other reason to slow drip new weapons like this.

The US strategy is to cross lots of little thin red lines and see where that goes.

I'm sure Russia has cought on to that already. But obviously it's not that easy to understand so who knows.

Mofos being Russia's little useful idiots really rustles my jimmies.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No war is murdering people to get what you want and politics is talking to people to get what you want. That's just a pithy bit of Prussian horseshit that somehow became a truism. It's like saying that theft is shopping by other means because you end up with something you didn't have before.

Getting what you want is the essence of politics. No other reason to engage in it.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Hitting the office with missiles at office opening times can cause poo poo like this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/PJk6t4j.mp4

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. :c00lbert:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Looks like the kind of guy who would throw puppies in boiling water

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tai posted:

Looks like the kind of guy who would throw puppies in boiling water

Evil Mr. Bean

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Well, at least he was punctual, and was at the office before noon.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Oldsmobile posted:

Hitting the office with missiles at office opening times can cause poo poo like this.

Hold on a sec, something big just landed on my desk

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

MY INBOX IS BEING DECIMATED

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Rip the Hague's budget, bought all that rope for the war crimes trials and now they can't even return it. rip bozo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

large hands posted:

Hold on a sec, something big just landed on my desk

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Der Kyhe posted:

I always knew Carlson was a scumbag who fronted for anyone who had deep enough pockets to pay him whatever he asked for, but isn't this pretty much formally outing him as a Russian asset? And turning him into "worked for a hostile regime" propagandist who pretty much has to live in Belarus or Russia for the rest of his life?

Prior to Trump, I was lead to believe that this was pretty much the case; but apparently, treason only applies if we are at war with the Nation in question.

Calling it a “Cold War” may have been to imply that if you supported Russia prior to the 90s, you were “treasonous”.

McCarthyism had a point; it just went too far.

I suspect that after glasnost and perestroika, Republicans decided that money was enough of a reason to put all that behind us, so when Republicans or right-wing mouth pieces collude with the enemy, it’s just Western capitalism at work, nothing more to see here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

large hands posted:

the admiral probably