Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Did Tiresias at least released some good albums from this whole deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The town was put up for auction on April 5, 2012, with the highest bid of $900,000 having been made by two then-unidentified Vietnamese men.[10][11][12]

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

In that essay, she related how she came to the realization that, for some years, walking around a bookstore inevitably made her want to go to the restroom. The editors of the magazine received reports of other readers who had similar experiences, and named it the "Mariko Aoki phenomenon".

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i mean, where do you do most of your reading?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

quote:

Senioritis is not a recognized medical condition

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

That's what I would think, but the author mentions that they drank a glass of the milk after becoming aware of the shark oil in it. Is there some kind of rabbinic exception at play here?

yes, it's called nullification. it applies when, like, you accidentally spill a lil drop of milk in your beef stew. it can't be on purpose, and the mixed-in thing can't be more than 1/60th of the total. if you can see it on pick it out you have to, if you can taste it you have to throw the whole thing away, plus it can't do any like enzymatic reactions to change the original substance. there's a lot more. anyway, one of the rules is that the legal ruling can't be for anyone's benefit.

so what happened was the milk company did the shark thing, and then was no longer kosher according to the kosher deciders. one of the rules is that if a gentile accidentally fucks something up, it can be nullified even if they did the mixing on purpose (as in, they meant to mix, but didn't know they were screwing jews over).

now, if nullification happens for an individual's benefit, it doesn't count for that individual. by letting their kosher cert lapse, the milk company proved that the nullification wasn't to jews' benefit. and so since the shark was less than 1/60th, and couldn't be tasted, and it was a gentile company that did the mixing, it became the case that because they didn't have a kosher cert, it was ok for jews to drink the milk

and to prove to himself that he stood by his ruling, the rabbi had a glass of sharked up milk

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

sharked up milk

if I were a username-changin' man...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Achmed Jones posted:

and to prove to himself that he stood by his ruling, the rabbi had a glass of sharked up milk

Better than vipered milk.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Better than vipered milk.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Despite the film's eclectic and unconventional themes, which included child abuse, decomposition, incest, flatulence, mental illnesses and heroin usage, Tideland featured a number of notable actors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
On October 9, 2020, following a backlash from the community in response to allegations that Kyanka was a domestic abuser,[12] Kyanka sold Something Awful to a fifteen-year member and moderator known under the pseudonym of Jeffrey of YOSPOS.[12] Following its sale, Kyanka was banned from Something Awful on March 23, 2021.[13][non-primary source needed] On November 9, 2021, Kyanka died by suicide.[14]

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

a quick read of that makes it sound like Jeffrey is 15 years old

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sweevo posted:

:jj:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sweevo posted:

That would explain his absences, mom grounded him and took away his phone again

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

a nullity zone where water flows uphill, parallel lines converge, p=np, and entropy reverses itself

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Portrait of Jim Blinn

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

echinopsis posted:

[non-primary source needed]
huh

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Meat decomposes rapidly if it is not preserved. The speed of decomposition depends on several factors, including ambient humidity, temperature, and the presence of pathogens. Most types of untreated meat cannot be kept at room temperature for lengthy periods before spoiling.[citation needed]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane_Princess

:biglips::gas:

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 22, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
good of them to honor james joyce's wife like that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Grundma posted:

Meat decomposes rapidly if it is not preserved. The speed of decomposition depends on several factors, including ambient humidity, temperature, and the presence of pathogens. Most types of untreated meat cannot be kept at room temperature for lengthy periods before spoiling.[citation needed]

haveblue posted:

good of them to honor james joyce's wife like that

dipshit carl sagan reads the james joyce letters

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mescal fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 23, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The sting of a termite-raiding ant, categorized as a pain level of 2, has a similar feeling as "the debilitating pain of a migraine contained in the tip of your finger," according to Schmidt.[3] On the contrary, a yellowjacket's sting was described as being "hot and smoky, almost irreverent. Imagine W. C. Fields extinguishing a cigar on your tongue."[3]

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

George posted:

could god take a poo poo so foul that even he wouldn't use the bathroom for like half an hour after

some model somewhere said sex is nice but not as nice as a nice poo poo

she was strung out but the meaning remains the same

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Dick Tuck designed his campaign billboards to read, in small print, "Dick", and in much larger lettering, "Tuck".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1705660664239247683

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

i don't know if i should buy more gatorade or less :ohdear:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

The lining is critical to the proper functioning of the gizzard, but in some animals it can play an additional role as well. The male hornbill, for example, will fill its gizzard with fruit and then slough off the entire membrane to present it like a 'bag of fruit' to its mate during the nesting season.

:stare:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what is that bird doing to his gizzard

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Edible Regurgments

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

i wish i was my own grocery bag

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

wish granted. you are now hgrocerybag

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

foreverial bagified and loving it

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

When he was a child, his mother bought him a film projector[1] and one day he drew stick figures on a piece of scotch tape. He ran the tape through the projector and just before the tape burned up inside of the projector, he saw the animated figure dance on the wall and that's when he knew he wanted to make films.[citation needed]

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jabberlock posted:

When he was a child, his mother bought him a film projector[1] and one day he drew stick figures on a piece of scotch tape. He ran the tape through the projector and just before the tape burned up inside of the projector, he saw the animated figure dance on the wall and that's when he knew he wanted to make films.[citation needed]

Neil Breen?

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The jigging technique mainly involves rapid lifting motions

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Improbable Lobster posted:

you dont have to pay for anything you take out in your stomach, one weird trick grocery stores hate

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Armitag3 posted:

Neil Breen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Dohler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TV Guide awarded the film a negative two out of five stars calling it "silly", also writing, "Only the undiscriminating will be able to sit through this one".[3]

:boom: