Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I shoulda popped in here when I saw a bunch of people join the discord. I'm on green, have been from the start. 60 sham/SK/rogue and working on an enchanter right now. Several blue characters as well. Anyone needs any quest help or anything hit me up. I'm dathom1x on the discord or Burrick/Fray/Namae in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
I joined good guys now as well, Akrar, hit me up

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Have there been any rumblings of them starting the Green cycle over again?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

afaik no one outside the p99 team knows, new green might launch tomorrow or it might launch never. I don't think there's been official word on it since 2019

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

an iksar marauder posted:

I joined good guys now as well, Akrar, hit me up

Welcome to the dark side!

I知 on vacation at the moment, but I値l be back to weekday playtimes and raiding in the next couple weeks. Hope to see you around!

Hmu on Salta/Enkanto/Buitre if you need anything.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Flavahbeast posted:

afaik no one outside the p99 team knows, new green might launch tomorrow or it might launch never. I don't think there's been official word on it since 2019

That's what I figured. Guess I should just pop back in at some point.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Hibajubwa posted:

Welcome to the dark side!

I知 on vacation at the moment, but I値l be back to weekday playtimes and raiding in the next couple weeks. Hope to see you around!

Hmu on Salta/Enkanto/Buitre if you need anything.

Cool I値l add you. I mostly play euro hours but I wanna level some alts and do cash encounters with my monk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sankis posted:

Have there been any rumblings of them starting the Green cycle over again?

I've been waiting on a new server because the leveling experience doesn't really do it for me with the population so top heavy.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I managed to take on the Testament of Vanear quest at 19 which is cool and good and it's definitely my nicest item. Currently, I'm trying to buy a Springwood Club for my druid to have a more beneficial weapon than what I am currently rocking. Anyone happen to have that or something similar for sale?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
There are a couple of Chardok 2.0 weapons you might want to consider. Di'zok scepter of authority maybe?

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
That thing looks pretty sweet but looks to be way out of my league in terms of price at this point. Is it worth saving for something like that or should I just hold onto my plat?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'd save as much plat as you can while leveling.

What about a Paw of Opolla? I remember questing that thing for my cleric and got some good use out of it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'd save as much plat as you can while leveling.

What about a Paw of Opolla? I remember questing that thing for my cleric and got some good use out of it.

Very questable as a lower 30s druid but there's a couple of gruelling camps to get it that you do not want to try at 19

But yeah honestly you need to let go of the idea that you'll still be meleeing anything 20+ as a druid

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

All I got for Christmas was this shitty custom title.
Oh boy, it's me again posting that I'm giving this stupid amazing game I have fond memories of game another crack. Probably my 6th post to this effect in this thread over the years.

Glad to see there's still a healthy amount of people playing. I logged in my Druid and decided to get my Testament of Vanear quest done and was able to complete it in 20 minutes, easy. Working on my Paw of Opolla now and god drat, do I have to camp this stupid mummy for 20 hours?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Scrum posted:

Oh boy, it's me again posting that I'm giving this stupid amazing game I have fond memories of game another crack. Probably my 6th post to this effect in this thread over the years.

Glad to see there's still a healthy amount of people playing. I logged in my Druid and decided to get my Testament of Vanear quest done and was able to complete it in 20 minutes, easy. Working on my Paw of Opolla now and god drat, do I have to camp this stupid mummy for 20 hours?

Yes

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Also

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422162

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

I may just buy it in auction then. According to the wiki it's been selling at 250-300pp which isn't bad. Anyone have any recommendations for easy solo camps for a 37 druid?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Single box TAKP with not-poo poo camera? Sign me up.

The Self-Found ruleset is how I played P1999 anyway so it's pretty cool to see it as an enforced option!

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

I quit before Luclin so I never got a chance to play PoP. Is it worth it to switch over, are all the cool kids playing here? I didn't see any setup steps/guide there, maybe I'm missing it. What kind of client/installation do I need?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'm hearing some hype about it, but my guess it most people are waiting on more details about the server.

I might make one or two characters if there's a drive to try the server. Right now a couple of us are playing new gnome mage alts on Blue, about levels 7-9 in Warrens if anyone wants to join a semi-regular exp group. Exp has been flying.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I知 playing on green still. The PoP box sounds fun but it痴 run by 2 very unstable individuals

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

an iksar marauder posted:

I知 playing on green still. The PoP box sounds fun but it痴 run by 2 very unstable individuals

It sounds like some of the takp admin might be providing support. But it痴 a very reasonable concern.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Yeah I would mostly be worried about their decisions (and those of the people they'd bring on as CSR) to enforce any of the less baked-in rules. There are some very novel types of griefing that I can imagine springing up between players on different rulesets, especially in raid environments.

Certainly not a reason to avoid if all you want to do is mess around solo/grouped.

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

Been having a lot of fun sitting at HH in Overthere porting people constantly. I've made about 2000p casually the past couple evenings just watching vids and porting people that run up to me. Also, being in Dial a Port is awesome. I've nearly kitted out my Druid to have 200 wis. Saving up for a Lumi staff now so I can have it by the time I hit 46.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yeah I would mostly be worried about their decisions (and those of the people they'd bring on as CSR) to enforce any of the less baked-in rules. There are some very novel types of griefing that I can imagine springing up between players on different rulesets, especially in raid environments.

Certainly not a reason to avoid if all you want to do is mess around solo/grouped.

apparently Uthgaard is on the CSR staff for this server? I don't remember all of the drama around that guy, but there ya go.

Secrets is a very talented dude but has uh, a colorful past.

I hope its good but I suspect badmins are going to be a huge problem.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I'm leveling a new necromancer, hit me up on Zixti (green server), level 16 as of this post

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i hit 29 on my takp shaman, anyone have any strong opinions about plat farming spots at this level?

playing barb so i'm not sure if guard farming is smart

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

blatman posted:

i hit 29 on my takp shaman, anyone have any strong opinions about plat farming spots at this level?

ive got a 30ish monk/mage we should group!

also, to whoever deleted the epic on the goon cleric for blue eat poo poo lol

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

blatman posted:

get just a few more levels and do HGs?

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260

blatman posted:

WW brutes?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

shirunei posted:

i'm down, i'm on takp as fjonk

gonna see what all the goon suggestions are by the time i get off work and then go to the zone that sounds coolest but i already tried dalnir brutes and i was spending far too long waiting on respawns

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Iksar exiles in Swamp of No Hope near Trakanon's Teeth have 9-10 dark blues at that level. Can probably take them to 32 on a 6:40 respawn

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

shirunei posted:

What happened with the epic?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Just FYI: Project Quarm is in open beta and launches October 1.

Uses TAKP account and client with a new eqgame.dll

I'm jonesin for EQ so bad I might play this stupid game.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The ultimate challenge is here. Who will be the first level 50 hardcore solo self found rogue?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I am super excited for Quarm. I hope it pops off.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hows ranger for a no-box fresh start server where nobody has gear?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

blatman posted:

Dreadful lol

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

blatman posted:

13 yr old me thinks it sounds like a good plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Do you hate yourself in a limited principled kind of way or just in general?