Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

I don't think anyone ever tried to claim that Punk wouldn't be in Chicago period that night (at one point he tried to bullshit that there was going to be a screening of his first episode of "Heels") so I'm curious what you mean by that?

Some people were still having doubts in that discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
WOR has Rampage spoiler without a warning @ 52:00

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if bryan hadn't mentioned it, i wouldn't have even realised it was a spoiler tbh

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’m baffled that anyone still cares about rampage spoilers. How does no one watch that show even when it airs and people somehow act like they care about the results?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

0konner posted:

I’m baffled that anyone still cares about rampage spoilers. How does no one watch that show even when it airs and people somehow act like they care about the results?

I watch the show, but also don't listen to shave. Mad?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

0konner posted:

I think it's fun to watch the show without knowing the results ahead of time :)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If I wanted predictable scripted sports entertainment I'd watch the NBA

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

0konner posted:

I watch the show the next day because I'm usually out on Friday night and I care about the results

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

0konner posted:

I’m baffled that anyone still cares about rampage spoilers.

I really enjoy watching Rampage each week, and it has a very active weekly thread. At least normally I know the last few minutes of WOR are going to be spoilers for the show and can just stop listening before it gets to it, Dave just blurting out a major result was irritating. :sigh:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoy watching Rampage each week, and it has a very active weekly thread. At least normally I know the last few minutes of WOR are going to be spoilers for the show and can just stop listening before it gets to it, Dave just blurting out a major result was irritating. :sigh:

In this case I don't mind it since it's a result that would piss me off (not an actual spoiler but being safe here).

I think it's dumb they even go over spoilers on WOR because it's just them reading off results.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

I think it's dumb they even go over spoilers on WOR because it's just them reading off results.

it's very dumb

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think you’ll find they’re called scoops

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1705025019011645850

Relevant to this week's podcast

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This is, I believe, the Sixth MacGruber.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Dave's obituary of Terry Funk is, as always, beautifully written. The quotes from Mick Foley almost ended me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Decided to give Fight Game Podcast another go and LaRocca starts rambling what a terrible wrestler Rey Fenix is. :suicide:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1705315147630137705

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's been a great week if you're a fan of Dave arguing with 4-follower accounts

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dave Meltzer is THE TRENDMASTER

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Genericide posted:

Dave's obituary of Terry Funk is, as always, beautifully written. The quotes from Mick Foley almost ended me.

Plus it has a reminder of the fact that Dave’s brother is a professional juggler.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Reddit seems to be full of commenters that don’t like Dave. Is this a new thing?

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Reddit being full of miserable pricks is definitely not a new thing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

katatonic posted:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

katatonic posted:

One of the top threads on Squared Circle today is a post where people commiserating about how they've been bullied for saying that wrestling is the least important part of wrestling, so yes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

fart blood posted:

Reddit seems to be full of commenters that don’t like Dave. Is this a new thing?

No Dave has copped hate from fans over nothing forever

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

fart blood posted:

I only occasionally browse r/sq, which I understand to be fairly tame insanity wise for reddit wrestling discussions, and they are ridiculous most of the time.

Someone was ranting about how Dave is personally racist against Indians so I asked the redditor to give me the exact quote.... and he gave me the screenshot below he took from the newsletter that totally proves Dave's unquenchable racism beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Not the best and brightest over there.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it's the place that sent a millionaire executive a fruit basket for his great job making a sanitized corporate indie, of course they hate the guy who occasionally reminds them WWE isn't king poo poo of gently caress mountain

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Stupid rear end web site!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we should treat nxt as its own promotion, separate from wwe :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

fez_machine posted:

at least it would never happen here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave rules.

YDC from Shitefull on the other hand….

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

fez_machine posted:

I know, just seems like the vibe I get from Reddit is the people there think he’s in the tank for AEW when in reality he’s been harder on them than anyone, and that they believe the Bischoff/Pritchard/Cornette stuff about him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtoJixYjBdw

THE BOYS ARE BOOKING ADAM COLE, BAY BAY

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was that taped before his ankle injury though?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hey, I'm very briefly in that video! I'm the heavyset white guy in a DPW shirt. (No, the other one.)

During the intermission the Boys got on the PA and said "Hey, this is going to sound weird, does anybody have an aux cable down there that we can use?" "...this is not a bit." The audio during the hype/intro video had been kind of wonky, and I think they were worried that the audio in Cole's response would cut out intermittently. Luckily somebody did have a spare on them and ran it up to the production table.

Dango Bango posted:

Was that taped before his ankle injury though?

It was. I've not seen an update on his status after Dynamite, hopefully it wasn't too serious (and November 12 is far away enough to let him recover if he does need time off.)

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Bryan cutting a hell of a promo on FTR being the best tag team in the world, doing open challenges and not being able to run right through the Iron Savages and the Workhorsemen

Bryan Alvarez confirmed, not a dipper

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
bryan right as per usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Personally I'm glad I get to watch the best tag team put on good tag team matches. Does he not understand that part of the appeal of wrestling is getting a good match that can last longer than a blowout?