Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Dell_Zincht posted:

Music For The Jilted Generation is pure Big Beat with a bit of Industrial thrown in

Went back and listened and you're absolutely right. Memory is crazy, I recognized the songs but drat if I didn't also remember them being more rave. I wonder if my mind conflated some Lords of Acid in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Rufus Ping posted:

The other big one is PWEI spin-off band Bentley Rhythm Ace

God, forgot about that one. Despite not giving it a thought in years, Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out! by Bentley Rhythm Ace and Rockeafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim will always live as the two archetypical big beat tracks in my head. Shorthand for the whole sound.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Block Rockin Beats for me

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

shoeberto posted:

I need help finding a song. I saw it linked somewhere a few months ago, thought it was good, and forgot about it. But now it's stuck in my head and I can't track it down. It's an original song by a youtuber who afaik puts out new songs pretty regularly.

In the video he's in a Mario outfit and he beats the game and rescues the princess and realizes that he has no more purpose in life, so the rest of the song is about him going through a loop of achieving new accomplishments and then having to find a new life purpose. iirc it came out this year?

Found it btw
https://youtube.com/watch?v=G87p148EOjo
Catchy song that is almost impossible to search for without knowing the artist's name.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

regulargonzalez posted:

Block Rockin Beats for me

Back witanotha oneadoes block rockin BEATS

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

shoeberto posted:

Found it btw
https://youtube.com/watch?v=G87p148EOjo
Catchy song that is almost impossible to search for without knowing the artist's name.

Ah drat it I finally knew one! Tom Cardy is amazing. If you've not watched Red Flags, steer well clear unless you want a song stuck in your head forever. Im not joking, it is 'by far' the most catchy song I've ever heard, in that there hasn't been a day since I heard it (months and months ago) I haven't sung a bit of it in my head.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Big Beat was so fun and I really wish it hadn't faded out. If you like that and want more, check out:
Propellerheads
Dadamnphreaknoizphunk
early Chemical Brothers
Fatboy Slim
The Prodigy
Mirwais
The Crystal Method
early Daft Punk

Nice one, cheers.

Another question, a song that's done the rounds on tik tock or instagram recently, has a light afro / reggaeton beat, hook is a simple 2 syllable word that might be stretched out to 3-4 syllables, like "Dun tun- un, dun tun-un". Quite airy.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Another question, a song that's done the rounds on tik tock or instagram recently, has a light afro / reggaeton beat, hook is a simple 2 syllable word that might be stretched out to 3-4 syllables, like "Dun tun- un, dun tun-un". Quite airy.

ok it was two one-syllable words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQLsdm1ZYAw

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This is a long shot and maybe it'd be better in the GBS White Whale thread: a song from a 2005-2006 PS2 ad. It was a rock song with a male voice that played as the commercial showed gameplay. I don't remember enough about what game was being advertised or the song to Google it properly, but here is a very rough Online Sequencer of it:

https://onlinesequencer.net/3610566

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
This featured in one of the Prince of Persia games around then and I could see it maybe matching your sequencer attempt given 18 years of memory decay :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0aRoegBP_8

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Kaiser Chiefs - Sink That Ship was used in a couple of Burnout Revenge ads:

Ad #1
Ad #2
Full song (extended version of ad #1)

They're multiplatform ads though, not explicitly PS2.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think either one is the song, unfortunately, but the second one is pretty close to the style of music. This song felt...emo-y, maybe?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

garage rock, lots of wah-wah, possibly called something like "12 o'clock high", definitely had the lyric "forget about your lunch, ain't no time to eat"

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

hexwren posted:

garage rock, lots of wah-wah, possibly called something like "12 o'clock high", definitely had the lyric "forget about your lunch, ain't no time to eat"

I found this but it's way more hair metal than garage rock.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

no, I mean literally 60s garage rock, the next song on the radio after that was max frost and the troopers

https://koop.org/program/darkside-daddy/ they've got the show posted here, but there's no download link, and their mixcloud archive is months behind. it starts in the playback module at the bottom of the page at 2:46:48 PM

in related news, if anyone knows of a browser plugin that can just download that audio stream, I'd appreciate it.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 23, 2023

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
12 O'Clock High by The Ferguson Tractor

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

perfect, thanks

turns out search engines basically don't search for what you put in anymore, even if you use quote marks, it sucks

still could use that plugin if one's lurking out there tho

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Got a bit of something I heard recently stick in my head. It sounds like it was from a late 50s/60s boy band, or someone apong that style.

Unfortunately the only lyric I can even recall is I think they kept repeatijg "45".

The only things I can think of that I might have heard it in recently were Gen V or Reservation Dogs, but a quick look of the soundtracks didn't spark any recognition.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

A repeated "45" makes me think of Brimful Of Asha by Cornershop - 90's, but retro-sounding. And the remix is a classic.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fierce Brosnan posted:

A repeated "45" makes me think of Brimful Of Asha by Cornershop - 90's, but retro-sounding. And the remix is a classic.

Yes thats it thanks

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What the instrumental song that plays about 55% of the way through this video? It’s after Scatman and before Better Off Alone (it's a 90s dance song)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxqpsl0uB3D/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

Ecuador by Sash!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

looking for an id on this electronic loungy/jazzy track at 31 min

https://soundcloud.com/lux-io/lux-guest-show-at-refugeworldwide-radio?in=lux-io%2Fsets%2Flux-ambient-mixes

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Back witanotha oneadoes block rockin BEATS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0kluTStX_Y

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The google android app somehow picked up on that in like one second:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJqx2z1vKyI
"elusive paradise (in palms with spring)", Andra Ljos.

Let me embed that video just so I can quote one of the rare good youtube comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQlVww0zKo

flawpeacock posted:

This is probably the most late 90s techo music video ever. Seriously it's got everything. The sampled voice personified in the music video. Various barren landscapes. The actual music artist sticking out like a sore thumb. Pretty women. A single animal. And this sort of macguffin trinket, in this videos case, the glass ball.

They're right, too - it's like a late 90s European dance/techno music video bingo card.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 19, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

what the gently caress is this

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 19, 2023

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

thx computer viking

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

what the gently caress is this

the chemical brothers' hit 97 song block rockin beats

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Goon Boots posted:

the chemical brothers' hit 97 song block rockin beats

It must be the unlicensed karaoke version

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This is going to be a real insane hunt so I'll start by saying if anyone can find this song, I'll donate $15 CAD to the charity of their choice. This is more like "find an album" but the song would be the same thing.

It was the early 00s, I was in my early 20s. Car audio was at it's peak, everything inside cars was made of fibreglass, limp bizkit and swollen members were unironically listened to. I was at an auto show in Vancouver BC and there were a bunch of free CDs being handed out all over the place.

I picked up a rap album and listened to it with my friends as a joke for a few weeks before losing the disc somewhere. A few weeks later I thought about it again and tried to find the disc, couldn't. This started to bother me. I couldn't remember the name of the artist (I think the album was a self-titled one). This has been eating at me in increasing desperation since that time.

What I remember is fleeting but the preamble for one of the tracks is I think the only thing I can say I remember for sure. It was basically a few people talking about going out to the clubs but one person says "All I got is my tims and my fubu, you know how they is at the door", to which his friend replies that he needs a Jesus Piece, then there's a phone call that is answered by someone saying something like "Hi you've reached Jesus Piece Rentals".

Everything about the album was very in line with rap albums and there's nothing really standout that I can mention. Please help me find this artist!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to remember the lead single from an album :pray:

It's from a guitar driven rock band, one of those where they put it out 20 years after they were popular and everyone is surprised when it's actually pretty good. I remember the cover being of a street scene with hanging lights going across the top, with red being the primary color. I can remember them playing a single from it on The Tonight Show and Jay congratulating them on getting some of the best reviews of their career.

Before I checked I would have guessed Sonic Youth's Murray Street but I don't think that's it. But the time is about right, something from the earlyish 2000s.

edit:
gently caress me, pretty sure I'm thinking of Pattern Recognition off the next album, Sonic Nurse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5c2bqKINc4

I remember the high pitch guitar melody, and the color red but hosed up the actual picture :raise:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 21, 2023

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I was at a dumpling place today and they had some music I loved but it was too quiet for my phone to pick up. There were a couple songs - if I could find one of them, I bet a related artists search could find more.

It was kind of a light jazz, a lot like Vince Guaraldi at times. No vocals. Maybe a bit samba-like, with strings and percussion, and usually there was a single electronic instrument of some type as the main melody. It reminded my wife of Wii Store music, it reminded me of the music from Sim City 2000.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an Asian jazz group - I found out I have a big soft spot for Calmera and the like, but is had no horns that I could tell.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I was at a dumpling place today and they had some music I loved but it was too quiet for my phone to pick up. There were a couple songs - if I could find one of them, I bet a related artists search could find more.

It was kind of a light jazz, a lot like Vince Guaraldi at times. No vocals. Maybe a bit samba-like, with strings and percussion, and usually there was a single electronic instrument of some type as the main melody. It reminded my wife of Wii Store music, it reminded me of the music from Sim City 2000.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an Asian jazz group - I found out I have a big soft spot for Calmera and the like, but is had no horns that I could tell.

Can you call the restaurant and ask?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
90s era grunge song, really basic heavy distorted two tone guitar riff, and lyrics at some point of something like "is it you, is it me", maybe alice in chains or similar

any ideas?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

kcer posted:

90s era grunge song, really basic heavy distorted two tone guitar riff, and lyrics at some point of something like "is it you, is it me", maybe alice in chains or similar

any ideas?

"Vaseline" by Stone Temple Pilots.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

"Vaseline" by Stone Temple Pilots.

exactly it, thanks!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I've had a tune stuck in my head for the past week, nothing I've tried to identify it works. I've tried Soundhound, Shazam, midomi, youtube, musipedia.

Is there anything else?

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 2, 2023

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Post a vocaroo of you humming it itt?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Outpost22 posted:

I've had a tune stuck in my head for the past week, nothing I've tried to identify it works. I've tried Soundhound, Shazam, midomi, youtube, musipedia.

Is there anything else?

It's ''Overnight' by Parcels.

https://youtu.be/-y9rkNXBuhg?si=JzOyx7d-4Vvdfe9T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Outpost22 posted:

Is there anything else?

Play it on a keyboard or sing it for us. For real, we're pretty good at this poo poo.