Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

eh, fun jabs and all but it was very short and didn't cover much of the book at all sadly

Euphoriaphone posted:

i'm curious if this includes the person linda tagged in her original post. also, the fact that they needed more than 2 people to create that piece of crap says a lot about where they are as an organization
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1705307401384300799

least surprising thing in the world but still :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mr Interweb posted:

eh, fun jabs and all but it was very short and didn't cover much of the book at all sadly

it's paywalled
https://controlc.com/9f34b9a0

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's usually not funny when regular people lose their job but i gotta extend a hearty lol in this case

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
those responsible for the sackings have also been sacked

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ah that makes more sense. thanks pal :hfive:

quote:

Isaacson lets this stuff slide, and his admiration for Musk, like his prose style, grows wet and hack-like and embarrassing as a result. He describes Musk as “a master of memes” even though his entire vocabulary is pinched wholesale from Monty Python. He reflexively compares Musk’s stature (a shade over six-foot) to a bear. As a teen he was already sprouting a “bear-like frame.” Hunched gaunt under stark office lighting, Musk looks “coiled like a bear searching for prey.” On the production line at Tesla, he would “walk with the stride of a mission-driven bear.” That last phrase calls to mind Winnie the Pooh looking for hunny, but is undone by the fact that we’ve all seen those photographs: Musk gasping on the back deck of a yacht, in tugged-up soggy trunks, being playfully hosed by Ari Emmanuel (impresario brother of Rahm), and looking for all the world like a clammy piglet. Less ursine, more porcine.

loving :lmao:

shades of "he was built like a bear of a man" from ben shapiro's lovely tom clancy wannabe novel

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/mrtoodamnchris/status/1705051154340552828

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

The book is a boring puff piece that still makes Elon sound like a gigantic rear end in a top hat. Which is the only lol you need from it.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zeriel has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Sep 23, 2023

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

elon should do something epic like kill himself imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

concerning

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Begging the weird British rapist guy to post about chemtrails on your site

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone hasn’t seen wrestling role play twitter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its real

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

How many journalists did he ban reporting in the kid who was posting his flight locations? How many leftists/anti-fascist reporters are still banned? Didn’t he straight up ban a few high profile accounts that are critical of him/Tesla? Also throttling legacy media links.

Very free speechy

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

The California Air Resources Board operated a regulatory credit scheme designed to encourage automakers to shift to electric vehicles. At least one percent of a manufacturer’s yearly sales had to be cars with zero emissions. If they failed to make this target, they would be fined. To avoid being fined, car companies could buy Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) credits from other companies that were meeting the requirements. Like Tesla. Musk set up an extremely profitable sideline trade in ZEV credits with the huge Detroit-based car makers, who found themselves liable for serious penalties in California. From 2009 until as late as 2016, Tesla was being propped up by hundreds of millions of dollars in ZEV credit trading

lol, of course America would implement a move away from fossil fuel cars as a credit scheme that can be gamed, and which encourages production of more cars than before.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/SteakFrankhouse/status/1705452216495018406?t=6kxZUih4tBCu_6L8m72iBQ&s=19

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Esran posted:

lol, of course America would implement a move away from fossil fuel cars as a credit scheme that can be gamed, and which encourages production of more cars than before.

I think you will find number go up is a good thing

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

The App Formerly Known As Twitter would probably be the best possible outcome for a description and they missed it by astronomical lengths

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Even sex criminals find Elon too unpleasant to be seen associating with

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

“coiled like a bear searching for prey.”

bears do not coil. author was probably thinking of "snakes."

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
almost stepped on a bear in the high grass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bears dont sneak

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bears dont sneak
famous last words..

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

maybe he meant boer
we’ll never know

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

those monkey experiments were at the california national primate research center in davis which raises even more questions

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
destroying Twitter will be the best thing Elon Musk has ever done

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Ben Nerevarine posted:

destroying Twitter will be the best thing Elon Musk has ever done

he freed me. ty "mister mines"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rauros posted:

those monkey experiments were at the california national primate research center in davis which raises even more questions

look, it's not called "the California national primate center for taking really good + humane care of primates in Davis"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

But I thought they were terminal monkeys? Something doesn't add up here

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1705361613803376656?s=20

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

titty_baby_ posted:

But I thought they were terminal monkeys? Something doesn't add up here

All monkeys are terminal when you think about it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

terminal monkeys need the most attention

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

terminal monkeys need the most attention

then log off and focus on self-care

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bears dont sneak

Bears are almost silent when they’re walking. Source: there are tons of bears on my property and they destroy my pumpkins.

They absolutely don’t coil, however. Who the gently caress wrote that?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yeah dude Putin is deffo gonna fight you. good call

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Who would win in a 1v1? The world leader famous for being a trained spy and practitioner of karate, or the dumpy billionaire with hair plugs famous for being divorced?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Rauros posted:

Yeah it's pretty shocking. When I first heard about the experiments I figured neuralink had their own lab etc but nope they're working with UC Davis with it. So presumably this has all been vetted and okayed. And apparently killing a bunch of primates and showing zero progress is enough to progress to human trials.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

titty_baby_ posted:

Who would win in a 1v1? The world leader famous for being a trained spy and practitioner of karate, or the dumpy billionaire with hair plugs famous for being divorced?

putin is a fat old man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

X (Twitter) has gotten so much better since the acquisition!