Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Setting up some more red curry/sour cream marinaded chicken for tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

https://imgur.com/a/kxGqJzb
Sea bass with a very flavorful glaze, broccoli and cauliflower fritters, and mashed taters.

Tomorrow I am making the serious eats no-knead pizza. Dough is made and should be ready.

:justpost:

Pepperoni, pepperoncini, pineapple

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If it rain rocks me not want go.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a sexual elk posted:

Another one I’ve noticed that people don’t use is the thin ziplock bag and a bowl of water to get the air out of marinades. It’s prolly my OCD but air in a bag is the devil. Big tub of water , meat and marinade in the bag slowly push the it down till the water is about to get in then close it up
Dang, I use a vacuum sealer when freezing stuff we want to keep for a long time (homemade kielbasa). The hardest part is making sure the kielbasa is dried off enough because if there's too much juice in there it doesn't seal nicely. I will still use the vacuum sealer (seriously, it works so well when I get the juiciness dried off) but that technique would be great for sous vide and some random stuff.

Like, I'm not burning a vacuum seal packet on two steaks, but I will burn a ziplock.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a sexual elk posted:

:justpost:

Pepperoni, pepperoncini, pineapple

Pepp and mushrooms. Will post pics.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

If it rain rocks me not want go.
Bless El Niño, this time of year half this mountain is on fire

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Dang, I use a vacuum sealer when freezing stuff we want to keep for a long time (homemade kielbasa). The hardest part is making sure the kielbasa is dried off enough because if there's too much juice in there it doesn't seal nicely. I will still use the vacuum sealer (seriously, it works so well when I get the juiciness dried off) but that technique would be great for sous vide and some random stuff.

Like, I'm not burning a vacuum seal packet on two steaks, but I will burn a ziplock.

Hard to do with buncha small stuff like veg cause they don’t wanna sink but a couple passes with straight meat all the air is out, I know it isn’t a huge difference but floatie bags bug me

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Look for the thinnest ziplocks, freezer bags don’t work as well as splitting stuff into sandwich bags (the best for a breast or 2 chickenwise)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

You guys are the best haha

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 23, 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Since Walmart started carrying Wagyu, I quit buying frozen beef. I just go buy a pound or two every now and then, or if I'm planning on making burgers or Wagyu tacos.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Perfect day out time to do a 50 mile ride

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Thinking of becoming a puffy vest guy for colder weather

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

:getin:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

swickles posted:

Do it. Puffy vest with a hoodie is very underrated.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

The little chef in our house wanted to make chicken parm for dinner because she’s heard about it but never tried it so we whipped up some red sauce and fried some chicken and it came out pretty darn good.

Chicken parm rules, I love makin chicken parm heroes

Intruder posted:

You don't realy have to use the bowls, once you smash it with the back of the knife the paper comes off easily

Yeah I see so many gadgets and “hacks” for garlic, just smash the bastard with the heel of the knife and half the paper falls off on its own. Then smash it into oblivion and a couple quick chops and it’s minced!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Yeah I see so many gadgets and “hacks” for garlic, just smash the bastard with the heel of the knife and half the paper falls off on its own. Then smash it into oblivion and a couple quick chops and it’s minced!

I used to get to cute with it which was super tedious, then saw someone do this and never looked back.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Dragging myself up to my grandmas to go one of my cousins wedding is proving a lot tougher than anticipated.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Braves baseball. Oly at 53 dingers, Acuña joining the 40-40 club, and the only member of the 40-60 club (and possibly 40-70 before it’s all over).

Not sure I’ve seen a Braves lineup remotely like this since the mid 90s it loving rules.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

wandler20 posted:

Do it. Puffy vest with a hoodie is very underrated.
I got a nice red puffer jacket last winter, with a cute faux-fur-lined hood. Warm as gently caress, and I'm often cold.

There's no saving my hands though....

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hot Diggity! posted:

Perfect day out time to do a 50 mile ride

50 miles in 3.5 moving hours. Hamm's tallboy at the campsite my friends were staying at for extra fuel. Great ride bikes rock.

Unrelated but very funny:

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1705649956080533544

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Braves baseball. Oly at 53 dingers, Acuña joining the 40-40 club, and the only member of the 40-60 club (and possibly 40-70 before it’s all over).

Not sure I’ve seen a Braves lineup remotely like this since the mid 90s it loving rules.

Obviously the Braves don't have Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz but the hitting on this team is just another level.

Unfortunately I think we're going to put to the test the old saying "you only need 2 good pitchers in the postseason"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Fried Strider and uh

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fried Strider and uh

Fried on 15 day DL

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Fried on 15 day DL

He’ll be fine for the playoffs. He had a blister or something and they just shut him down for the rest of the season. He looked good the other night

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My NRL team made the grand final. I forgot the excitement and the anxiety of having a team in the big one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

He’ll be fine for the playoffs. He had a blister or something and they just shut him down for the rest of the season. He looked good the other night

Steve Avery has given me PTSD concerning blisters.

But yeah Fried is a loving monster.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Finally pulled the trigger on Legend Bowl. It rules. Hi chat thread.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

Hell yeah. :chef:

Unrelated: at a buddy's house on Cape Cod and were going to a beer fest tomorrow afternoon and the forecast calls for like two inches of rain while it's going on woo!

Update: me and my best friend and buddy of ours all went today and had a good time even though it was raining. Had lots of good beer and neat schwag. I think Cape Cod Beer's pumpkin pie ale was the best brew there. Lots of marzens and Oktoberfest brews on pour, appropriately enough.

Should add that I was not carded at the gate. The guy in my line took one look at me, still at a distance, and just waved and said "yeah go on through." Ouch. :corsair:

Best friend got the same treatment in his line and indignantly challenged the ticket lady there to guess his age. She politely guessed 50. He's 43. We have not stopped giving him poo poo about it all day.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Went to my cousin's wedding and it was nice but I am super mad at my dad for being an rear end in a top hat to my grandma.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I was kayaking all day yesterday in a decently strong wind and I’m very ready to sit on a couch and watch football today. Preferably not move too much.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Blooper doing side quests at the Viking’s game

https://twitter.com/blooperbraves/status/1706027533404107204?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Disrespectin' your made up god

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Watching the Mariners is a reminder of why I stopped watching baseball 20 years ago. I cannot handle the slow death of a team failing in every facet.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol Bezos needs more money

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1706054680806142349?t=XZWQ1szRG_aHImA3C-qH-w&s=19

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Goldy would have got the TD.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Trapped by my cats and I need to make dinner.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Got greedy with the stiff arms, whom amongst us

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

arrrrrrrrrrr

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I honestly wonder how that would feel getting hit by kids in full pads while wearing a plush costume like that. They are smaller, but they are still in pads when you aren't, and you can't always see them when they are going for a tackle.

Yes, Goldy would have trucked them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

poo poo like this is one of the reasons why I'm going back to physical media again.