Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Teaching the rich kids to call him Epstine is just a way to filter out the normie kids he might have facilitated the touching of vs the children that his employers actually cared about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it was the 70s maybe dalton was anti jewish

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zelensky asks Marina Abramovic to be ambassador for Ukraine: Artist will lend her voice to help rebuild schools in the country

I'm losing my mind a little bit here because, even if pizza gate isn't real, surely people would have heard of it enough to not do this?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
TELL ME THE TWIST

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i invite you here today to be a participant in a great Work.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Zelensky asks Marina Abramovic to be ambassador for Ukraine: Artist will lend her voice to help rebuild schools in the country

I'm losing my mind a little bit here because, even if pizza gate isn't real, surely people would have heard of it enough to not do this?

expected this to be the onion

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
pizzagate was real though, only bit that wasn't was all the stories was about how right wing conspiracy nuts thought the pizza parlor was the epicenter of it all rather than the thread everyone started pulling at

eventually thats what it became but the first 3 days or so it was just "this is a part of the global pedo network and we should be digging"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Telegraph posted:

Volodymyr Zelensky has asked Marina Abramović, the performance artist, to be an ambassador for Ukraine.

‌Ms Abramović, a fierce critic of Vladimir Putin’s illegal invasion, said the Ukrainian president had asked for her help in rebuilding schools.

‌The 76-year-old Serbian is holding her first solo exhibition in the UK and is the first female artist to have a major show in the Main Galleries of the Royal Academy of Arts in London.

‌Visitors to the exhibition must squeeze between two nude models to enter the show, or opt to bypass what one journalist dubbed the “naked gates”.

‌“I was the first artist to support the Ukraine war against Russia and to give my voice. It is definitely a repetition of history,” she said in an interview with the Modern Art Museum in Shanghai.

Marina Abramovic supported the Ukraine war against Russia Credit: Shutterstock/ANDY RAIN/EPA-EFE ‌“I have been invited by Zelensky to be an ambassador of Ukraine, to help the children affected by rebuilding schools and such.”

‌She added: “I have also been invited to be a board member of the Babyn Yar organisation to continue to protect the memorial.”

‌The Holocaust memorial centre to Jews murdered by Nazis in Ukraine was damaged by Russian missile attacks in March last year.

‌Ms Abramović installed her work Crystal Wall of Crying at the memorial centre in Kyiv four months before Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022.

‌The wall, 40 metres long and three metres high, is made of coal and has large quartz crystals sticking out of it. Visitors can touch the installation, which mirrors the western wall in Jerusalem.

Four Crosses is set up at the Royal Academy of Arts Credit: AFP/HENRY NICHOLLS ‌It was not damaged in the missile strike, which killed five people and damaged a building.

‌“Making the Crystal Wall of Crying was just the first step in dealing with new history and figuring out how to help heal our increasingly divided world,” Ms Abramović said.

The artist posted a video online days after Putin launched his unprovoked war. In it she spoke about being born in the former Yugoslavia, which was once invaded by the Soviet Union, and called Ukrainians “proud, strong and dignified”.

“I have full solidarity with [the Ukrainian people] on this impossible day,” she said in the video. An attack on Ukraine is an attack on all of us. It’s an attack on humanity and has to be stopped.”

Shortly after the invasion, Ms Abramović restaged one of her most famous performances, The Artist is Present, to raise money for Ukraine.

‌Ms Abramović's artwork in Kyiv was not damaged in a missile strike that killed five people Credit: AFP/JOEL SAGET She was asked how she reconciled the transcendent nature of her work with the cruel realities of the modern world.

“I think true change only comes by changing yourself. By changing yourself you can change thousands and you can change the world,” she said.

“Gandhi was one example in history who made a revolution without dropping a single drop of blood.”

Ms Abramović is just one of several celebrities to be recruited to help Kyiv’s public relations battle to ensure continued support for its struggle.

Mark Hamill, the actor who played Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars films, has raised funds to buy reconnaissance drones for front-line Ukrainian troops.

I don't know what the gently caress to make of any of this.

She's going to be involved with the loving Baba Yar memorial? And design the post-war Ukrainian war monuments? What the gently caress?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fanfic insert posted:

pizzagate was real though, only bit that wasn't was all the stories was about how right wing conspiracy nuts thought the pizza parlor was the epicenter of it all rather than the thread everyone started pulling at

eventually thats what it became but the first 3 days or so it was just "this is a part of the global pedo network and we should be digging"

"pizzagate" as a term doesn't just get to mean "anything at all"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dying to argue the dimensions of pizzagate

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

Dying to argue the dimensions of pizzagate

obviously square cut

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

never forget when little caesars introduced the pizza portal, portals are much more dangerous than gates

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dudes rock

quote:

On occasion, Cole would wander the streets with a cow's teat poking through the open fly of his trousers; once he judged he had caused optimum outrage, he would cut off the offending protrusion with a pair of scissors.[10]

On honeymoon with his first wife in Italy, on April Fools' Day 1919, Cole dropped horse manure onto Venice's Piazza San Marco—a city with no horses that could be reached only by boat.[11]

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

The BBC interviewer that talked to Prince Andrew said it like "gooh-len"

Fethullah Ghislaine

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

look at this loving guy, the definition of a cad

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

smarxist posted:

look at this loving guy, the definition of a cad

my fave part is he's doing all this with virginia woolf and/or her brother. it's like she's the original mountain girl of the original merry pranksters

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I had no idea that

"In 1931, he married a former scullery maid and waitress at the Veeraswamy Indian restaurant, Mabel Winifred Mary Wright (later Mavis Wheeler, 1908–1970), who in 1935 gave birth to a son, Tristan de Vere Cole, who was the natural son of the artist Augustus John.

Cole died of a heart attack in Honfleur, France, the following year and was buried at West Woodhay.

Mabel later married the archaeologist Mortimer Wheeler, who afterwards divorced her on the grounds of her adultery with Lord Vivian."

I have all of Mortimer Wheeler's books because he was both a talented archeologist and artillery officer. I had no idea he was so connected to Virginia Woolf! (and Neville Chamberlain).

e: lol the upper classes,

"Anthony Crespigny Claude Vivian, 5th Baron Vivian (4 March 1906 – 24 June 1991) was a British impresario-restaurateur from the Vivian family who came to public notice in 1954 when he was shot in the abdomen by Mavis Wheeler (née Mabel Winifred Mary Wright, 1908–1970), the former wife of Horace de Vere Cole and of Sir Mortimer Wheeler, and a former mistress of Augustus John."

ee: This is the face that launched a thousand ships, the dishwasher that aristocrats blew up their lives over

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 03:09 on Sep 24, 2023

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/lakefieldmoscow/status/1655489050675912705?s=19

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’m still trying to parse Balcony Scene (Or Unseen) Atop the World; Episode at Trade Center Assumes Mythic Qualities from August 2001.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

archived link with no paywall https://archive.ph/2023.07.24-17320...-qualities.html

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

now THATS good use of foreshadowing

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Heroes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

elon said he'd pay for the legal bills for anyone who got in trouble for their tweets. theyre no longer tweets though. masterful gambit, good sir

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Trump

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Did he even pay the legal bills when he got in trouble with his own tweets

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

CIA Officer Dick Drain lol

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
what was that weird article about the cia army of spies? I remember they showed fake shoe pictures. this is the closest to what I remember.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-inside-militarys-secret-undercover-army-1591881

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/_danielle_carr/status/1706920087113060711?t=2_wqlmaAP5JPErZD7P0TYg&s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

CIA mutilated my dick??

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

:lmao: its true, all of it

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

this is just the tip of the iceberg ...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hubbert posted:

this is just the tip of the iceberg ...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ATRightMovies/status/1706247177821897118

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

it does marginally reduce STD incidence because dudes don’t wash their dicks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/heavenlyspit/status/1707043560112247245?t=OGlsN_buekPpXVWHQzZD5g&s=19

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Tweet dead, what was it?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Tweet dead, what was it?

the CIA funded circumcision research

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Listen! I, Paul Henze, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you at all! And I testify again to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. You who are trying to be declared righteous by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace! For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait expectantly for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision carries any weight—the only thing that matters is faith working through love.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
can't believe ghislaine maxwell posts anti circumcision trolls on reddit as a psyop shocking stuff ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Here’s an article from the NYTs in ‘77 about it

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP99-00498R000100120103-8.pdf

And here’s wapo from the same year:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1977/10/20/cia-circumcision-study-secretly-circumscribed/798d65ab-821c-4cc8-bf2d-a47881f747cf/