Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Joe Matt died. Don’t know if somebody already mentioned it in the thread.
I’m very out of touch with all media right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

fritz posted:

Can confirm, we had a hurricane come thru earlier this month and I felt like hammered poo poo the whole time.

Hammered poo poo, I'll remember that one.

FFT posted:

Ha, here's the original:

Hah, how about that?

big mean giraffe posted:

Maybe if White Tiger and Black Tiger didn't exist

It only lightly exists.

Speaking of which:

White Tiger and Black Tiger chapters 81-85

Bonus images that I forgot last time:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

whats up bitches who here likes comics

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lol, King Arthur be like 'Oh god dammit, Prince Valiant is back'. Well, he is basically a fratboy with a sword.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mx. posted:

whats up bitches who here likes comics

comics?

you mean those things for kids???

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're like books but with worse drawings

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

they're like books but with worse drawings

*horse drawings

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

hell yeah they are

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tunicate posted:

how many times do we need to say this, pot is not addictive
Did a tale of two rulers update?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Emzedoh posted:

Thanks for posting Beanworld! I'm not sure how we'll live now without reminders where the nutrients and trace minerals are absorbed!
I've never been so tempted to buy someone an avatar

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I drew a thing this arvo! Have a comic. Because we all like comics here. I mean, they're alright I guess.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Big thank you to Kenny Mann for beanworld posting. I started reading it late in the story so I've actually gone back to the beginning to read it properly now.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Tree Bucket posted:

I drew a thing this arvo! Have a comic. Because we all like comics here. I mean, they're alright I guess.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Splicer posted:

I've never been so tempted to buy someone an avatar

Please don't, I'm very attached to my lovely Girl Genius crop from like 2004. Or maybe do? Do what your heart tells you to.

Tree Bucket posted:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Emzedoh posted:

Please don't, I'm very attached to my lovely Girl Genius crop from like 2004. Or maybe do? Do what your heart tells you to.
Nah don't worry I remembered you saying that before, the thought is funnier than actually going through with it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Oohh, that's useful

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Spirit Circle

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I'm gonna miss Beanworld. I don't think there are really other comics like it, a daily meditation on rhythms and cycles, dropping off the Legendary Edge down through the four realities only to return on the Proverbial Sandy Beach. And it's certainly a comic I never would have heard of if not for this thread. Thank you for posting it, KennyMan!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Bugle Call: The Sound of Dreams

Bit of a long one today, but I didn't want to break the momentum of the scene.

Edit: You know, I never noticed before that Ryuka has the same forehead scar that Gerhart carves into prisoners. Gerhart is a really lovely dad.

Squidster has a new favorite as of 16:00 on Sep 24, 2023

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

quote:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tree Bucket posted:

She's just like me fr

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jesus christ

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Seconding the Beanworld appreciation. Thanks for posting it!

Hey, wait a minute. They never resolved the mystery pods, did they? I was sure they were going to hatch at some point. Oh well, I hope Larry Marder is able to continue the story someday.

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Sept 13-20, 1942)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 57

I didn't post last weeks so I'm just doing 2 chapters at once.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

now kiss!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:negative:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So where were trace minerals absorbed from again???

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Sleve McDichael posted:

Did we ever talk about the one pod'l'pool cutie with the evil eyebrows? I was waiting anxiously for them to do something bad :ohdear:
The eyebrows were more to show that that was the "determined/serious" Cutie. Some of the Cuties had clearly started taking after the adult beans, and that Cutie was the one who mostly took the lead when the Cuties did stuff—he was the "Mr. Spook" of the Cuties. And then there were the other two obvious ones that were taking after Proffy and the Boom'rs, respectively.

KennyMan666 has a new favorite as of 21:16 on Sep 24, 2023

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Ally Nickels in: Questing

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

Crabb's boasting about the life expectancy being 66 sounds quaint, but for the time period those are crazy science fiction utopia numbers. You might think that life expectancy sort of rose gradually from the medieval era until present times but really there was basically zero progress until the 20th century, and things didn't really start taking off until after WWII. She could have said 56 and it would still make Gallery a world leader in longevity in the nineteen-oughts, although that would have been less obvious.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 16: Eat It Tonight

Not everyone appreciates Nice Things, it seems. Notice also that Ieyasu's bunch are all wearing those hats held on with string (what are those called?) while the hosting samurai aren't - I'm guessing that's meant to show they're more traditionalist, more austere in their tastes.

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 13: Of Crossing the Sea

Stop pulling! My head is large but fragile! I like the combination of slapstick and total body horror.

Yick.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I am so glad Haraiso Days exists. I loved Uramachi Sakaba to bits and this has so much more of the things I liked out of that!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

good gag

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

the holy poopacy posted:

Lavender Jack

Crabb's boasting about the life expectancy being 66 sounds quaint, but for the time period those are crazy science fiction utopia numbers. You might think that life expectancy sort of rose gradually from the medieval era until present times but really there was basically zero progress until the 20th century, and things didn't really start taking off until after WWII. She could have said 56 and it would still make Gallery a world leader in longevity in the nineteen-oughts, although that would have been less obvious.

haha thanks for the context

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

of course, being an average means 'life expectancy' is more influenced by infant mortality than any other factor; paleolithic humans had a really low life expectancy of like 25 because it was a coinflip if you'd reach adulthood in the first place, not because 25 meant you were old

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Sep 24, 2023

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Life expectancy at birth being 66 would put us around 1945 for England and Wales, for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

of course, being an average means 'life expectancy' is more influenced by infant mortality than any other factor; paleolithic humans had a really life expectancy of like 25 because it was a coinflip if you'd reach adulthood in the first place, not because 25 meant you were old

Yeah, historically most people that made it to adulthood had pretty good odds of living to 60, even when life expectancies were only 35-40 years. The usual diseases of old age like cancer and organ failure tend to kick in around 60 or so, so until the advent of modern treatments that kept most people from making it to 70, although if you were lucky enough to avoid the big ones there wasn't anything stopping you from getting to 90 and beyond. (You might think that they were better off in some respects since they weren't bathed by cancer causing chemicals 24/7/365, but even good old woodsmoke isn't great to be breathing in and when you do all your cooking and heating with wood it's kind of hard to avoid.)