Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mola Yam posted:

the audio update thing made it sound real bad, moreso than the statement on patreon.

good luck to matt and everyone involved.

also dark lol at how "don't be weird little freaks, we're deliberately being private about this" instantly turned into "ah so clearly a stroke" internet lore.

The part that upset me most about the audio update was when they were talking about releasing the pre recorded paternity stuff and said "it's what he would want," implying he's not totally cognizant 🥺

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah, I caught that and I'm not sure whether that was a slip or just saying that Matt would want the content released.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 23, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It was more like "oh he'd love that" as in "he's not here to speak for himself right now" not "he can't speak" though that could very well also be true.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

man this sucks rear end. I've listened to chapo since single digit episodes and have always loved and appreciated Matt's insight and analyses. I had the chance to meet the boys in person and they were so friendly and astoundingly generous with their time, especially Matt. I started listening to the cushvlogs shortly after my father died and his meditations on existence, consciousness, and death, really helped me to start to come to terms with my dad's death and the inevitability of my own. he's one of those rare people who is keyed in to the beam or frequency or whatever and is able to translate it into something other people can understand and that's a really special thing. hoping and praying with everything I've got that this isn't anything more than an untimely and scary blip in an otherwise long, healthy, and love-filled life with his wife and new baby. sappy and parasocial on my part maybe but the man's put so much of himself out there and it has been a great comfort and inspiration to me, especially in some of my very dark and sad moments. get well soon, Matt

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm feeling a lot of real feelings over this. I'm not really qualified to lionize him over a lot of his excellent rants, because I'm kind of a dum dum, but there's a moment of his that is so crystaline in my brain that I need to bring up. Matt's cop summoning response to Megan McCardle's insanely pathetic blathering over the Grenfell Tower fire is how any good person should react when encountering evil shitheads trying to debate the merits of protecting vulnerable people.
A few days ago I finished assembling an audio supercut of Matt's rants for my wife to listen to on a road trip (she spends a lot of time having to bite her tongue not to scream at her idiot managers so listening to Matt go off is cathartic) and Megan's reading series featured prominently. The Grenfell Tower rant was the first on the list.

He's always a greatly entertaining and informative speaker. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Peyote Panda fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 23, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Matt christman is by far one of the most eloquent and clear-sighted thinkers and commentators of our generation, hos vlogs helped me so much and im really really sad hes going through this horrible situation, i really pray for him and wish him a speedy recovery, this sucks....

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pretty awful news, I hope he pulls through for his kid's and wife's sake if nothing else. I'll miss his voice on the show, and I hope to hear from him again. I've always wondered if that outrage was good for his health, but I have to admit it's always a guilty pleasure to hear someone get as pissed about things as I do.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lasting Damage posted:

Pretty awful news, I hope he pulls through for his kid's and wife's sake if nothing else. I'll miss his voice on the show, and I hope to hear from him again. I've always wondered if that outrage was good for his health, but I have to admit it's always a guilty pleasure to hear someone get as pissed about things as I do.

yeah that weird confluence of his intelligence plus the emotional catharsis he gives me really makes him special

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

He’s toned down his anger a lot in past few years. He even talks about it in the last stream. I really recommend giving it a listen if you haven’t already.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hope it's not too sappy to say this was one of the most inspiring things I've ever heard and it gave me a lot of meaning in my life.

I hope to loving God we are eulogizing too soon and too loudly. I hope we hear from him soon.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Holy poo poo, hoping for the best for Matt. What a punch to the balls of existence

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

KORNOLOGY posted:

He'll be back more powerful (and angry) than ever.

Having yet another extended firsthand experience with the USA's "Healthcare system" will do that to you

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
His response to the Charlottesville tiki torch guys has been circulating and I remember it rocked me at the time and is still the most forceful, concise description of the current younger gen Right I've heard

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

terrorist ambulance posted:

His response to the Charlottesville tiki torch guys has been circulating and I remember it rocked me at the time and is still the most forceful, concise description of the current younger gen Right I've heard

what ep, or do you have the text?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

what ep, or do you have the text?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdI578k2Sy8

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
"Kill yourself and everyone around you" in memoriam

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
i haven't listened to chapo in like half a decade but this stinks, get well soon matt.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

creamcorn posted:

i haven't listened to chapo in like half a decade but this stinks, get well soon matt.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Breadallelogram posted:

School bonds wolf having a field day with this

i hate that guy so fuckign much

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/mhsheikh/status/1705687630426653164?t=Qkd-ClfEaygoX-00o9by6g&s=19

The mob of twitter lib mutant NATO idolizers are out in full force

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
As much as I dislike some of Chapo's takes on Ukraine, the GBS Ukraine thread and the rest of the twitter NAFO contingent is completely loving deranged and will scraem at you for any perception of insufficient support for Ukraine.

Their first Just War for decades and this is how they behave.

Get well Matt.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Cached Money posted:

i hate that guy so fuckign much

https://twitter.com/EugeneShortz/status/1705618071535206534

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Hoping for Matt to make a full recovery and his wife to have an easy delivery, they both deserve it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

As much as I dislike some of Chapo's takes on Ukraine, the GBS Ukraine thread and the rest of the twitter NAFO contingent is completely loving deranged and will scraem at you for any perception of insufficient support for Ukraine.

Their first Just War for decades and this is how they behave.

Get well Matt.

Tbf Chapo's collective take at the beginning of the war was, "War is bad, invasions are bad, moral support to the country being invaded," and I don't think that's changed. They're critical of NATO, the Ukrainian government, Nazi groups in the country, etc, but I don't take that to mean that their hearts aren't still with the Ukrainian civilians or whatever.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

*edit*
no shade on matt, he's a much better person than fdr, it's just a good quote.

Stringent fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 24, 2023

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This sucks, Matt has obviously not great health but he’s been looking so much better lately. I hope it’s a brief and singular spell of illness.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Matt is genuinely one of the best of us, God Speed and a quick recovery to the mad bastard.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

prayers up to best chapo

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

mess with the best, die like the rest

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/1705586847043224005

continued content in the replies too

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

drat, if Amber F. is back poo poo must be heavy. :(
knew it was GRIM when i heard her pipe up

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It's awful news. The 3 boys have been on a great run of shows for a long time now, and Chris and Matt's projects have been a lot of fun. Hope he pulls through and can return sometime soon. I really like him as a thinker in the sense of how he can express it so simply and passionately. He feels like the next John Dolan in certain ways. If he wrote a book I'd definitely pirate it.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 24, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol the guy posting Will's tweet about Jordan Peterson getting put in a coma to kick his benzo habit as if it's an own.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ambercrollo/status/1705895677623173515?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021
Just wish these NAFO/schoolbond freaks would listen to Rod and realize some things are human & non-partisan.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

as bad as the christman jeer-ers' actual posts are, god drat are they pathetic. 7 follower bandera appreciation accounts and schizophrenic school bonds bappers staying up all night to retweet double digit liked posts written by race science psychos shilling offbrand medium newsletters. everything they post about him drips with the bone-deep recognition that when something happens to them they won't see the same outpouring of love and support that matt is getting. it's hard to find the haters funny, they're too deeply sad to laugh at, which is a shame. chapo used to have real posting enemies

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

as bad as the christman jeer-ers' actual posts are, god drat are they pathetic. 7 follower bandera appreciation accounts and schizophrenic school bonds bappers staying up all night to retweet double digit liked posts written by race science psychos shilling offbrand medium newsletters. everything they post about him drips with the bone-deep recognition that when something happens to them they won't see the same outpouring of love and support that matt is getting. it's hard to find the haters funny, they're too deeply sad to laugh at, which is a shame. chapo used to have real posting enemies

I'm 99% sure those school bonds accounts are all the same guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I'd absolutely believe that. it's hard for me to believe that any more than like, three people on the planet max would have that exact and extremely specific flavor of profound mental illness