Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

gently caress I thought some of them would be good to go this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

At least Gary and Van Ness aren't out.

It's weird how all our depth players are perfectly healthy but our starters keep getting banged up. It's not even a question of playtime, the depth players have been getting a ton of snaps while the starters are out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We probably say this every season but does this season feel particularly brutal for injuries to anyone else?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Did Christian Watson's hamstring fall off or something?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wasn't there going to be a press conference today to explain The Resignation

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
No

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Darrisaw is active, guess he is playing? Risner will probably see some snaps. Akers not playing yet. Bradbury's back died.

lol Kendricks revenge game cancelled.

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-chargers-inactives-garrett-bradbury-jc-jackson-down

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there's this
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1705963306186383522?s=20

but i don't actually see schefter reporting on it so maybe it's just more weird bears blogger bullshit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Strangely enough, he also attacked Jack Perry.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

there's this
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1705963306186383522?s=20

but i don't actually see schefter reporting on it so maybe it's just more weird bears blogger bullshit.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1705964720350695902?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So probably sexual harassment?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1705969843571175821

Lmao this might be where that FBI poo poo came from lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

the only other "inappropriate behavior" at halas hall the bears would get upset about is completing a forward pass

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’ve never seen a potential harassment thing take this long to come out

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1705969843571175821

Lmao this might be where that FBI poo poo came from lol

actually i personally witnessed alan williams and charles tillman fistfighting on the roof of halas hall

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’ve never seen a potential harassment thing take this long to come out

Yes you almost assuredly have lol. You just didn't know.

They usually just slow play the person resigning, because they have more control over an employee

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Like it seems like the Bears just acted extremely fast and decisively wrt getting Williams out of the paint.

PR and media handling aside

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

actually i personally witnessed alan williams and charles tillman fistfighting on the roof of halas hall

Peanut punched him out of a job

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Just missing our best players in five position groups is all.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

Does sexual harassment warrant a FBI raid?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does sexual harassment warrant a FBI raid?

At this point it’s safe to assume there was no raid.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah there was no Raid, just forensic and mobile lab that showed up which apparently is standard procedure for NFL teams when people resign lol?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

At this point I’m assuming it’s sexual harassment, but the Bears wanted to cover it up, or let the guy quit without it becoming a big thing, but now it’s actually worse because they refuse to just address the issue. I fully believe the Bears would try to cover up sexual harassment by one of their coaches because that’s the lovely organization that they are.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know what you're talking about the tank top guy confirmed on the tank top guy show that the fbi did a pre-dawn raid on alan williams's house with a tank

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Halas Hall almost looking like a scene from Waco except for the heroics of master FBI negotiator, Peanut Tillman.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Dexo posted:

Yeah there was no Raid, just forensic and mobile lab that showed up which apparently is standard procedure for NFL teams when people resign lol?

I'd love to hear the explanation for that one!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i made a pilgrimage to some ancient burial mounds here in wisconsin putting a curse on the NFC north today, lets see if we can tell the difference

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
In the football justice system, the people are represented by two separate but equally important groups: Peanut Tillman, who investigates crime, and the media, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jaire out too

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

There’s a good chance the Bears organization can’t say the DC sexually harassed someone without opening themselves up to a defamation lawsuit or something.

So it’s, “we made him resign, and we can’t say why, or he’ll sue us.” :shrug:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to find out if the lions run defense is a mirage and combine it with a lack of pass rush.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

There’s a good chance the Bears organization can’t say the DC sexually harassed someone without opening themselves up to a defamation lawsuit or something.

So it’s, “we made him resign, and we can’t say why, or he’ll sue us.” :shrug:

Also then maybe a victim who doesn't want to be publicized gets very publicized.

Without knowing specifics the only thing is that Warren/Poles should have taken those bullets for the organization vs the Footbally Head coach.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Halas Hall almost looking like a scene from Waco except for the heroics of master FBI negotiator, Peanut Tillman.

Picturing Peanut rolling up in a tank with his head sticking out like Dukakis.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I'd love to hear the explanation for that one!

With all the gambling and value on the line they probably need to check the computers.
Or luminol the sex juice

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Is someone handing Minnesota greased balls?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Shaping up to not be dissimilar to the Ime Udoka situation

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Shaping up to not be dissimilar to the Ime Udoka situation

Boston let Udoka cook for seemingly far longer. But maybe.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

goddammit wrong thread lol

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Rip Lions Oline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So far they’re doing well