Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Quantum of Phallus posted:

get faster drives

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Xbox app only lets you install games on NTFS-formatted drives due to Dumb Windows Store App Stuff. The stuff that doesn't use the Xbox App (EA and Ubisoft stuff) can just be installed anywhere.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
yeah I checked a bunch of stuff but my drive is NTFS formatted and none of the other fixes worked. I couldn't really care less about starfield but I probably would have had a crack at it if I could get it working

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Goddamn it‘s about time this Starfield fad ended already, waiting 5 mins to jump into a cloud game sucks!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Idk how credible it is but people are claiming activision/xbox is gearing up for Gamepass:

https://twitter.com/idlesloth84_/status/1706051805287747796?s=46

Tl;dr: Brazilian gamers are getting popups when purchasing cod that they can play it for free on Gamepass or purchase it to forever own

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Did the CMA budge yet?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Supposedly a final decision or whatever is expected around October 9-13 or something and supposedly you’re gonna see a lot of older games on Gamepass right away and newer ones a bit later

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the gamepass era of BLOPS2 is gonna be lit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

Did the CMA budge yet?

They preliminarily approved, final confirmation in two weeks, day after MS will assuredly close and I finally get my goddamn shares bought out

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the gamepass era of BLOPS2 is gonna be lit

It's been awesome ever since the servers for all the old COD games were fixed not long ago and Xbox put all the BC COD games on sale.

What's gonna be weird is all them being added to GP at the same time MW3 (the second one) launches soon with OG MW2 multiplayer remastered and bundled in. Normally wouldn't care about a modern COD game but that is really appealing. Sucks that it'll probably be a gigantic download with Warzone etc. added in too, I wish there was an option to just buy the standard multiplayer portion and only install that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

What's gonna be weird is all them being added to GP at the same time MW3 (the second one) launches soon with OG MW2 multiplayer remastered and bundled in. Normally wouldn't care about a modern COD game but that is really appealing. Sucks that it'll probably be a gigantic download with Warzone etc. added in too, I wish there was an option to just buy the standard multiplayer portion and only install that.
I'm pretty sure MW2 split things up into different downloads so you didn't have to have the stuff you didn't want.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I hope the price of gamepass increases because I feel like I’m ripping Phil off

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Phil probably cares more about the amount of subscribers than the amount the subscribers are paying at the moment. You should buy gift cards and share them with random strangers on the internet!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Setting up the world's most powerful console right now.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

univbee posted:

is that the Xbox 9?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

univbee posted:

jelly

Kinda want an Xbonx just as a 4k bluray player and secondary Xbox for the kids in the living room

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The One X is still the best Xbox design. Mine was bundled with some NBA game but was colored like a speckled egg it was real cool

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So the initial setup was surprisingly jank. Was signing in via mobile app and the code to enter was all-caps. Now for some reason case actually mattered, and because of the weird way the sign-in page was designed I couldn't do a "caps lock" on my iPhone so I had to press shift before every character entered.

And now the console refuses to acknowledge it should have come with a digital redemption of Cyberpunk (and yes this is a NIB sealed console I bought way back when from Gamestop directly). On the phone with Xbox support but I imagine I'm going to be told I'm SOL.

EDIT the support agent didn't know Cyberpunk was a released game on Xbox so we're already off to a fine start.

EDIT yup, pretty much SOL unless the console unfucks itself. At least the console itself makes cool noises when starting up and shutting down that sound like the console is falling apart.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 25, 2023

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

univbee posted:

So the initial setup was surprisingly jank. Was signing in via mobile app and the code to enter was all-caps. Now for some reason case actually mattered, and because of the weird way the sign-in page was designed I couldn't do a "caps lock" on my iPhone so I had to press shift before every character entered.

And now the console refuses to acknowledge it should have come with a digital redemption of Cyberpunk (and yes this is a NIB sealed console I bought way back when from Gamestop directly). On the phone with Xbox support but I imagine I'm going to be told I'm SOL.

EDIT the support agent didn't know Cyberpunk was a released game on Xbox so we're already off to a fine start.

EDIT yup, pretty much SOL unless the console unfucks itself. At least the console itself makes cool noises when starting up and shutting down that sound like the console is falling apart.

There's usually a time limit on redeeming those free pack in games, at least in PC GPU-land.

For example, when my AMD GPU came with a copy of Star Citizen in 2014, it had an expiration date in 2015 to redeem (because Star Citizen was supposed to exit early release and hit full retail then).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

There's usually a time limit on redeeming those free pack in games, at least in PC GPU-land.

For example, when my AMD GPU came with a copy of Star Citizen in 2014, it had an expiration date in 2015 to redeem (because Star Citizen was supposed to exit early release and hit full retail then).

I think that's a bit different, though, that's explicitly a time-limited promotion that's kind of separate from the GPU, in a way. This is a "the console comes with the game" thing where part of the cost is paying for the game and the game itself doesn't have a real expiration (e.g. PlayStation bundle codes don't "expire" until like 2099 now), especially since it's required by law at least outside of the US.

Nothing on the package indicates an expiration date.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Can you even play Cyberpunk on a One X. I guess it would be the 1.6 version?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah, 1.61 was the last update on last gen hardware. Funnily enough, the digital code was also meant to include the first DLC but they had to give people MSbux instead because the console bundle wouldn’t be able to play the DLC.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

univbee posted:

Why didn't you just sign in the normal way by using the controller instead of needlessly complicating a very basic setup?

Why did you buy a One X and wait all of this time to actually unbox it and set it up?

Why aren't you playing Cyberpunk on current gen hardware where you can enjoy the 2.0 patch and DLC?

:psyduck:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

Why didn't you just sign in the normal way by using the controller instead of needlessly complicating a very basic setup?

Why did you buy a One X and wait all of this time to actually unbox it and set it up?

Why aren't you playing Cyberpunk on current gen hardware where you can enjoy the 2.0 patch and DLC?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Or do the most needlessly complex thing and then bitch about it on the internet :shrug:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

"I did it for the SKUs"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
New Starfield update gets rid of the puddle glitch.

*Really* no reason to play it now

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

univbee posted:

Sick looking console tho

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BonoMan posted:

New Starfield update gets rid of the puddle glitch.

*Really* no reason to play it now

What was the puddle glitch?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

1glitch0 posted:

Not much, what was the puddle glitch with you?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

1glitch0 posted:

In Starfield, a merchant's inventory is literally held in searchable "case"... just that the majority of them are held out of reach of the player.

But in Akila, there's a merchant whose "case" is held under the ground by a puddle outside the front entrance. So you could just kneel by the puddle and empty his entire inventory... then walk into store and sell it all back to him. Rinse repeat.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

1glitch0 posted:

there was a lootable shop container you could access in Akila by looking at a puddle just the right way.

Sucks to hear, but not really surprising. I wonder if they fixed any of the others that people found.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BonoMan posted:

In Starfield, a merchant's inventory is literally held in searchable "case"... just that the majority of them are held out of reach of the player.

But in Akila, there's a merchant whose "case" is held under the ground by a puddle outside the front entrance. So you could just kneel by the puddle and empty his entire inventory... then walk into store and sell it all back to him. Rinse repeat.

lol that owns. I like how in Bethesda games things have to exist somewhere in the physical plane of the game like the hell dungeon for dead NPCs in Skyrim. Do other games have to do that?

Also that bug wouldn't have been needed for me since I currently have the bug of having more things to sell than vendors have credits in the known galaxy.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
drat I’m glad I kept reading on and learned that the Xbox One X is not to be confused with an Xbox Series X. Because I almost dropped $600 on that one after seeing the picture; I was contemplating a Series X anyway, since I’m sick of cloud gaming loving up on my XBone and wanna play the cyberpunk sequel.

Whoever approved that naming scheme is dumb, and I can’t imagine the number of well-meaning parents and grandparents that didn’t get the difference.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Remulak posted:

Whoever approved that naming scheme is dumb, and I can’t imagine the number of well-meaning parents and grandparents that didn’t get the difference.

I don't know, but I'm prepared to blame Phil Harrison, the same brainiac who oversaw the Xbox One launch, the Playstation 3 launch, and Google Stadia, and somehow has more money and power than everyone who posts in this thread combined.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

1glitch0 posted:

lol that owns. I like how in Bethesda games things have to exist somewhere in the physical plane of the game like the hell dungeon for dead NPCs in Skyrim. Do other games have to do that?

Also that bug wouldn't have been needed for me since I currently have the bug of having more things to sell than vendors have credits in the known galaxy.

While not quite the same, the amount of items you have have in your stash in diablo 4 is limited due to the game loading every single other nearby players stash as well and creating a bunch of memory overhead, even though you can never access or see another players stash...

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Wiltsghost posted:

CP2077 on the One X was how I played it at launch. it was surprisingly playable (or maybe not so surprising compared to the PS4/xbone versions) and I got a significant way through the story before I got my Series X. i couldn't imagine going back now though

barnold fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 25, 2023

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

1 Why didn't you just sign in the normal way by using the controller instead of needlessly complicating a very basic setup?

2 Why did you buy a One X and wait all of this time to actually unbox it and set it up?

3 Why aren't you playing Cyberpunk on current gen hardware where you can enjoy the 2.0 patch and DLC?

1 With pretty much every other service signing in with a phone is far easier than typing in, there's just a weird extra code thing required here for some reason. I did a factory format and retried it with a normal controller sign-in, though.

2 Was just a weird set of circumstances, I got the console back in the day but I think the game wasn't redeemable initially (had to wait until launch I think) and due to my limited living space at the time I never bothered with unboxing, and then when the game launched in a super-buggy state I just never prioritized it and eventually got a disc copy for like $10, was using that for a while; just figured I'd get the digital code now to get credit for the DLC and get a digital copy of the base game for Series S.

3 I wasn't planning on playing the game on One X now, I was just doing the setup to redeem the game but that didn't pan out.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Remulak posted:

drat I’m glad I kept reading on and learned that the Xbox One X is not to be confused with an Xbox Series X. Because I almost dropped $600 on that one after seeing the picture; I was contemplating a Series X anyway, since I’m sick of cloud gaming loving up on my XBone and wanna play the cyberpunk sequel.

That's how they get you

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I am looking forward to the next console from
Microsoft, the Xbox Special X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
So what is realistically going to be added if the ABK acquisition goes through?

Diablos 2, 3 and 4?

The new CODs?

What else would be big hitters?