Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
PSA theres some 4.2 leaks out that, how can I say this...

Some stuff, that should not normally have story leaks, does have story leaks this time?? Basically, I've been bullied :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Some stuff, that should not normally have story leaks, does have story leaks this time?? Basically, I've been bullied :(

Some uncle needs to shut up

Kale
May 14, 2010

Managed to snag a Freminet on his birthday last night with a hail mary 10 pull effectively staying current with having ever 4 star character in my roster.

Navia's playstyle leak does sound pretty interesting if my understanding of it is accurate.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

MoonCrab posted:

To elaborate on this: Do not even look at visual leaks for 4.2 if you are even remotely concerned about possible story spoilers. The beta preload must be out because all the UI graphics (splash screens, character art, namecards, boss pictures, etc.) are being leaked. They do spoil some things if you look at them closely.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The story direction sounds incredibly dumb

Kale
May 14, 2010

Most story arcs where you lack the middle chapters and only have limited knowledge of the end chapters would sound confusing and weird IMO. The double edged sword of leaks. Personally a big believer in the importance of context when trying to critique a story arc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember when they only had the parts of wanderer's story where he gets amnesia so they thought his personality was being completely erased

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
You can poorly summarize just about any story and then translate that summary into a foreign language and it will sound like complete nonsense.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nakar posted:

You can poorly summarize just about any story and then translate that summary into a foreign language and it will sound like complete nonsense.

1 minute of reading a story blurb summary 2nd hand from some leakers injecting their own opinions into things is not the same as playing out several hours of it with context, dramatic presentation, player input and a linear fleshed out narrative as it was meant to be interpreted as well. Anybody that gets that easily influenced by 2nd hand leaks/summaries and subsequent doomposting from the likes of the Genshin Leaks Subreddit probably shouldn't be reading them anyway.

Also this happened to me reading the older Honkai Impact 3rd wiki back in the day trying to understand the context behind a fanart of Bronya I saw that I really liked. Made it all sound like incomprehensible piss poor written nonsense. This was well before the game had an English version app and well before Genshin or anything like that when Mihoyo was still a fledgling developer/publisher carving out a niche among Chinese otaku. Turns out the story kind of does make sense in it's own context even if it's pretty loving bonkers at times.

Like something like gender bent Thomas Edison saves New York City from a Honkai Bomb by countering it with the equivalent of a spirit bomb in 1955 while singing Scarborough Fair as an A.I Ben Franklin gives advice and words of comfort from a special U.S 100 dollar bill, but only after the daughter of Marquis de La Fayette gives Anti-Entropy the gift of the 1st Divine Key to effectively fight the Honkai beasts isn't a nonsensical sentence, it's something that kind of happens in the Honkai 3rd back story.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 24, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

remember when they only had the parts of wanderer's story where he gets amnesia so they thought his personality was being completely erased

Everyone getting mad at Eula for being a slaveowner is the last 'leak everyone got mad at' that's locked in my head.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

This is how all the honkaiposting reads to me to this very day 😔

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

1 minute of reading a story blurb summary 2nd hand from some leakers injecting their own opinions into things is not the same as playing out several hours of it with context, dramatic presentation, player input and a linear fleshed out narrative as it was meant to be interpreted as well. Anybody that gets that easily influenced by 2nd hand leaks/summaries and subsequent doomposting from the likes of the Genshin Leaks Subreddit probably shouldn't be reading them anyway.

Also this happened to me reading the older Honkai Impact 3rd wiki back in the day trying to understand the context behind a fanart of Bronya I saw that I really liked. Made it all sound like incomprehensible piss poor written nonsense. This was well before the game had an English version app and well before Genshin or anything like that when Mihoyo was still a fledgling developer/publisher carving out a niche among Chinese otaku. Turns out the story kind of does make sense in it's own context even if it's pretty loving bonkers at times.

Like something like gender bent Thomas Edison saves New York City from a Honkai Bomb by countering it with the equivalent of a spirit bomb in 1955 while singing Scarborough Fair as an A.I Ben Franklin gives advice and words of comfort from a special U.S 100 dollar bill, but only after the daughter of Marquis de La Fayette gives Anti-Entropy the gift of the 1st Divine Key to effectively fight the Honkai beasts isn't a nonsensical sentence, it's something that kind of happens in the Honkai 3rd back story.

Sometimes I am tempted to get around to playing the fan translated Anti-Entropy VN.

But then poo poo like this might make sense and that's just not as fun as randomly reading about it online somewhere. (Frequently from you on these forums.)
:allears:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
On the subject of 4.2 leaks, that weekly boss looks real neat.

Most weekly bosses have banger designs though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm gonna try to do 4.2 unspoiled except for new character kit info. Wish me luck!!!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I'm gonna try to do 4.2 unspoiled except for new character kit info. Wish me luck!!!

:same:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Something else worth noting is that leakers don't actually seem to understand both the plot and mechanics of the game. They frequently get math wrong, make claims about party roles that aren't borne out in actual gameplay (or at least in optimized gameplay), confuse aspects of boss fights with playable character kits (e.g. Childe, Raiden, Scaramouche) thinking those mechanics will carry over when they obviously wouldn't, and don't seem to have ever bothered to actually test anything because they want to be the first to break news on it (nevermind being able to meaningfully answer any follow-up questions).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The only leaks I need are new areas, new characters and if I can preemptively grind materials for them or not, and new bosses because I spent a long time not doing Nahida's story quest and unlocking that world boss.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people thought ayato was bad during the leaks phase because for some reason every leaker was running him in like, ayato/thoma/hu tao/noelle teams

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Kits are out.

Furina looks pretty drat good. Xingqiu and Kokomi in one character? With a buffing Q? Enables Marechaussee Hunter for anyone? Holy role compression.

Charlotte is a surprise. ATK scaling healer? I'll take it. And that last passive... special kamera lens? She's like someone combined Nahida and Diona.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I hope the leak is accurate and the multipliers are reasonable
it sounds close to what I had envisioned except it also has summoning like Kokomi and the mechanic of switching between damage and healing using charge attacks! neat

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Wow I can't believe they got Furina to write her own kit. "Come forth and abet" lmao

Ludonarrative resonance :hai:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it rules how the insanely overcomplicated descriptions make an incredibly simple kit impossible to parse. A+

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Mods change my name to Mademoiselle Crabaletta plz

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MoonCrab posted:

Wow I can't believe they got Furina to write her own kit. "Come forth and abet" lmao

Ludonarrative resonance :hai:

the game's been suffering from Fischl Description Syndrome since Kazuha, at least.

oh god, is that the secret, has furina been writing the talent descriptions all along

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I wish I'd saved the screenshot but someone mocked up Diluc's kit if he was a modern character and it was something like

quote:

Diluc enters in the Screaming Fire Eagle stance. When you press E uses Screaming Fire Eagle Screech, flipping forward and readying Screaming Fire Eagle Claw and dealing 180% fire damage. After he has readied Screaming Fire Eagle Claw, pressing his skill casts it, dealing 180% fire damage and reading Screaming Fire Eagle Dive, etc. etc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but yeah if you want the kit cliffnotes for furina

Her CA changes her from Ousis to Pneuma and back.

Her skill summons 3 animal buddies. The animals deal damage to nearby enemies when she's in Ousis. If party members have 50% or above HP they drain their HP to do more damage. When she's in Pneuma, the animals heal.

Her burst makes the party give her stacks when their max HP changes. her stacks in turn buff the party's DMG% and healing received.

Passive 1 makes her heal someone in the party when the active character gets overhealed by someone that isn't Furina. So for instance if Hu Tao's burst overhealed her, Furina'd heal someone else in the party.
Passive 2 is the standard bonus dmg + healing based on max HP that all hp scalers get, with the only caveat being that rather than increasing her E's healing done it increases the rate they heal. (presumably because she wants multiple small heals due to her stack building.)

She's an off field hydro applier/healer with a bunch of hp manip gimmicks attached to her. Being an off field hydro applier that isn't tethered to autos will probably help units like Dehya (and she might make vape Lyney viable.) She probably wants to be run with another healer, or a unit that manipulates its own HP.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Furina's buff works out to up to an 90% dmg buff, but requires a lot of enabling and will scale from 0 to 90 as you fulfill its conditions. Her C1 is a flat 31% dmg buff to whoever is on-field during her 100% uptime burst. FINALLY the festering desire user of our dreams! Also PJC is really slick on her even if the atk passive is ded.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I really want to punch Charlotte's stuff into a calc but there's basically a 0% chance that her numbers won't get jiggled around all over the place :/

Seems like she might be fun to play at least, maybe? :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

im glad I can stockpile my gemmms exclusively for furina, the only* upcoming character I give a poo poo about

*assuming Navia is ruined by being Geo

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Navia could literally be Blonde Noelle and i would still pull for her

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

navia's currently leaked kit actually makes her sound like an interesting twist on Geo so I'm trying not to get my hopes up TOO hard before hoyo dashes them against dehya-shaped rocks

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

the sadness that comes with watching a wish go purple only for it to turn into a weapon type you don't really like using :sigh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

the sadness that comes with watching a wish go purple only for it to turn into a weapon type you don't really like using :sigh:

i have two separate R5 copies of dragon's bane so im really excited that i seem to be building up a third one

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The bell gently caress off

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status/1706247173887684645

Either Mihoyo is using some serious bot power or Japan's passion for Lady Furina is unsurpassed. 200K likes in 3 hours has to be a social media record for a drip feed.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1706248551075041753

Oh and Charlotte's here too. Furina's twitter blurb for the English one is of course this massive run on sentence about how great she is.

Actual text of Furina's Twitter Drip posted:

Regina of All Waters, Kindreds, Peoples and Laws

Undoubtedly, Furina has been much loved by the people of Fontaine from the moment she became the Hydro Archon.
Her charismatic parlance, lively wit, and elegant bearing — all bear witness to her godly charms.
But perhaps the thing that she is most revered for is her unrivaled sense of drama.
As the protagonist of a famous play at the Opera Epiclese once put it,
"Life is like the theater — you never can tell when the twist will come."
Furina is as inscrutable as the most cunning of stage characters, her course of action defying all prediction.
In fact it's precisely for this reason that the god of Justice and Judgment, unapproachable in her divine majesty, has such a bewitching influence.
But when the curtain falls, a hollow feeling invariably starts to creep in.
There are those who wonder whether there are moments in the dead of night when even a god like Furina feels the sharp pangs of loneliness.
No, surely not. People couldn't possibly imagine, let alone believe, that such a scene might play out.
And that's indeed the way it should be.
That is, were it not for the fact that Furina's tears had already been silently washed away by the Fountain of Lucine.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 25, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
There's just some characters that really aren't worth investing in if you don't already have a good team for them and I just fell for the trap of building a Keqing and then realizing I've got absolutely nothing but a level 20 Yaoyao or Collei to put on that team. Rolling for the Fischl is going to waste a guaranteed banner 5* and idk how much I really want Hu Tao or Nuvellette

Altho I already have a Yelan and C3 XQ and that sounds like a whole lot of damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Keqing was on average highest level benched character on old abyss statistics. Its a rite of passage.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Keqing is great now though and super fun. :colbert:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Either Mihoyo is using some serious butt power or Japan's passion for Lady Furina is unsurpassed. 200K likes in 3 hours has to be a social media record for a drip feed.
I submit a third option: Japan's passion for Minase Inori is unsurpassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

On Furina's kit the part thats disappointing to me is how anti-synergistic Bond of Life is for her. She's a character who wants to see life bars move and bond of life is a mechanic that stops life bars from moving.

The other thing thats irritating is how well wriothesley+Baizhu work with her mechanics but cryo dendro is a brick.