Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain_Maclaine posted:

To nitpick, all the colonies had slavery to one degree during the Revolution though in the New England ones it was in clear decline. Only the independent Vermont Republic abolished it entirely during the war, in its 1777 constitution.

I mean this whole discussion started with me being needlessly pedantic so feel free to nitpick.

cant cook creole bream posted:

The same could be said for every flag. Those poor things aren't sentient and have no agenda over their existence.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

cant cook creole bream posted:

The same could be said for every flag. Those poor things aren't sentient and have no agenda over their existence.

The Gadsden Flag is actually fully sapient and just super racist.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
All symbols of USA (before USA becomes fully woke, perhaps) are intrinsically racist. The Gadsden flag is less racist than some but more racist than some others (such as symbols that were not created by slave owners).

You just can't say 'don't tread on me' while jumping on someone's head.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
On the other hand, it has brought us this variant, so it's impossible to say if it's bad or good

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.

So you think that the military is a bunch incompetent fools flying around in shoddy aircrafts? I think you’ll find the joke is on you. The plane is actually TOO good and cool.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Is this supposed to be like Harris is Biden's 'insurance policy' against Dems kicking him off the ticket? That's not happening anyway and if he did step down and there was a competitive primary would she really be the favorite?

It's not quite Most Incomprehensible but I'm still not 100% sure about Lester's 'thinking'.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Take the mullah out of it and rename Bank Iran to basically anything else (you can even have Woke Bank just this once) and you have AGC, or more like Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Antigravitas posted:

On the other hand, it has brought us this variant, so it's impossible to say if it's bad or good

Don't forget this classic, which I believe originated from a Photoshop Phriday.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Carlos Latuff

I remember when this thread used to have arguments about whether Latuff was a good person.

David Horsey

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is very funny for basically all the reasons you already enunciated but i just can't stop staring. What do you mean "look at them they're all military-aged males", none of them are remotely recognizable for sex or gender or even age, so the dumb woke leftist is 100% correct, you don't know their gender! The only human adjacent ones he drew are the loving Zod trio from Superman, and one of them is a woman!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Oh, I'll absolutely concur that he knows jack poo poo about the Xenomorphs. He posted this on his Substack immediately after his comic whining about being called out, though - he's definitely intentionally doing some of it wrong on a superficial level, at least.

Nah, he got caught out for being wrong and is now pretending he did it on purpose. This isn't the first time it happened. "I was just playing puppetmaster! And you fell for it! Gotcha libs!"

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Vib Rib posted:

Nah, he got caught out for being wrong and is now pretending he did it on purpose. This isn't the first time it happened. "I was just playing puppetmaster! And you fell for it! Gotcha libs!"

It's both. He got mad that he got caught out for being wrong about Starscream, and after that he started doing it on purpose because he's an intractable moronic jackass.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I see it's yet another page of cartoonists complaining about problems that have real, proven solutions they'd hate even more

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Also, "military aged males" has only ever been an excuse to murder innocent people and justify drone strikes on weddings anyway

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Or a baby creche given they're all likely older than that xenomorph.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BUT IF YOU CANT EVEN AFFORD A HOUSE AND LIVE ON THE STREET YOU ARE SUB HUMAN TRASH AND DESERVED TO BE ROUNDED UP AND PUT INTO A CAMP

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/newcounterpoint/status/1705164687506027000

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

This is very funny for basically all the reasons you already enunciated but i just can't stop staring. What do you mean "look at them they're all military-aged males", none of them are remotely recognizable for sex or gender or even age, so the dumb woke leftist is 100% correct, you don't know their gender! The only human adjacent ones he drew are the loving Zod trio from Superman, and one of them is a woman!

And they're not even doing anything, they're just kind of slowly walking in one direction.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not sure he's that smart, because most of the format is "hey, remember this Gen-X nostalgia, anyway the punchline is that today's crazy conspiracy theory is true" which itself is a deflection that he never tells us what he wants instead of all this stuff (fascism).

"Hey, remember 8-bit Nintendo? Anyway David Icke is right and just like Super Mario we have been taken over by reptiles!"

So when he gets bits of the lore wrong that actively harm his hateful message, like in

where in attempting to be anti-migrant and anti-trans at the same time, he runs head first into a key part of the Alien story, that we don't know their sex or gender, and Giger wanted it that way to make them seem more Alien, it only turns whatever point he was trying to make into a farce.

So Tats has managed to ruin both the hateful parts of the message and give the soy caricature a valid point. 10/10 Tats.

Aren't they like social insects? 99% of them are sterile worker drones.

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 24, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not only that, they never "growl" at enemies or interact in any way other then maximum aggression.
Almost like they were explicitly made as a weapon and categorically not as sapient individuals.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

How sapient they are completely depends on which of the movies in the franchise you're watching.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

As far as any right thinking geeks are concerned, most of the movies never happened.
That Alien: Isolation game is good though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kaza42 posted:

Also, "military aged males" has only ever been an excuse to murder innocent people and justify drone strikes on weddings anyway
It started off as that, then it picked up circulation in the British tabloids with "small boats week" and all that poo poo, and now it's fully within the sphere of outright racist groups as a tag-along with the Great Replacement, and also the most tinfoil hat "Serco* is training a parallel army of migrants to train up on home soil to stage an invasion from within" nonsense, which is of course how Tats knows it.

*Serco is bad, but because they run private for-profit prisons and refugee camps and treat their bottom rung staff like garbage, not because they've been hired by the Rothchild 300 Group to build a shadow parallel army in secret.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/newcounterpoint/status/1704804868697751718

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak saves his job but not the planet – The prime minister jettisons green policies in pursuit of re-election"

Sunday Telegraph:

US will send Ukraine long-range ATACMS missiles, Biden tells Zelensky

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Lib Dems would make green belt a red line in deal with Labour; Lib Dem leader Ed Davey denies housebuilding u-turn

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inshallah

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Thank you for posting these, an additional non-anglo perspective is appreciated!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Charlz Guybon posted:

Aren't they like social insects? 99% of them are sterile worker drones.
I think depending

Alhazred posted:

on which of the movies in the franchise you're watching
there was always the implication that any of them not in a colony could become fertile, and a lot of the horror was based on Giger getting into the bizarre lifecycles of deep sea parasitic crustaceans and Scott working that into the atmosphere, a huge part of the original horror came from the protagonists being unwilling parts of the lifecycle of this thing and not even knowing how any of that works.

ofc Tats can always just tell by looking :eng99:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Is this supposed to be like Harris is Biden's 'insurance policy' against Dems kicking him off the ticket? That's not happening anyway and if he did step down and there was a competitive primary would she really be the favorite?

It's not quite Most Incomprehensible but I'm still not 100% sure about Lester's 'thinking'.
My thought was an insurance policy against impeachment, but the donkey has 2024 on his paper so maybe Lester thinks the VP becomes the party candidate automatically if the President resigns?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

My thought was an insurance policy against impeachment, but the donkey has 2024 on his paper so maybe Lester thinks the VP becomes the party candidate automatically if the President resigns?

Actually, what does happen if a candidate wins the nomination but dies or is incapacitated before the general election. I think in that case the party decides and the VP would probably be the presumptive choice, but I'm not 100% sure.

This implies that Lester thinks the Dems are planning to kill Biden after he gets the nomination, which would be a new conspiracy theory I haven't seen before.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Well, a few of these got posted yesterday, but let's just have the entire steaming load. That's right, it's time for

Spoiler alert: the unarmed man will not be harmed and the armed one will not fire his weapon at any point.

As has been pointed out in the thread already, the soyboy is 100% correct here and the redneck is wrong. Like, this is basic, basic poo poo.

Further spoiler alert: this character will also not be harmed.

It's pretty goddamned weird that someone named Tatsuya Ishida is suddenly going full-on Great Replacement Theory.

Sinfest: it's like a right-wing fever dream.

Brief detour from the metaphor in which immigrants are aliens to a metaphor in which they are vampires.

Okay, so the aliens are scary-looking... but ultimately they just want to have kids and jobs and slouch around in casual clothes. The handmaidens with face-huggers aren't great, but they don't seem to be particularly distressed by it. So, according to Tats here, the frightening aliens are ultimately harmless.

Pettyfest

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Okay, so the aliens are scary-looking... but ultimately they just want to have kids and jobs and slouch around in casual clothes. The handmaidens with face-huggers aren't great, but they don't seem to be particularly distressed by it. So, according to Tats here, the frightening aliens are ultimately harmless.

It's an Asay moment for sure. To you, aliens walking their kids and getting jobs and wearing human clothes and assimilating looks harmless.

To a Nazi the "harm" is immediately apparent: the aliens are replacing us with babies that look different and even interbreeding with us and diluting the purity of our bloodlines.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

A man named "Tatsuya Ishida": foreigners must all be shot on sight or they will impregnant our virginal white women with half-breed untermenschen

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol yes also this one, has Tats seen any of these movies he's meming? Dressing as a hunter and pointing a 12 gauge is probably the dumbest idea if there's a Predator.

VitalSigns posted:

A man named "Tatsuya Ishida": foreigners must all be shot on sight or they will impregnant our virginal white women with half-breed untermenschen
Yeah this is just White-Slave Traffic Act poo poo, if a white woman is in a relationship with an 'alien' it must have been nonconsensual and she will have horrific babies.

It's weirder and grosser that he chose this ending instead of doing the secret Serco shadow army.

Also aliens running the World Economic Forum is definite lizard people poo poo.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I stopped reading this thread for 7 years for my mental health and I have to break that silence to post that seeing Tats loving draw Goku and Vegeta and Piccolo as part of his insane Nazi hate screed is objectively hilarious. Noted bad guy, Megamind.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah, the handmaidens with face huggers is just great replacement non-sense and the jobs all the evil alien invaders get are positions of power at all levels of society. It’s literally “The immigrants are gonna take over our country and then breed with the white women to destroy white people!”

The food cart one I can’t tell if it’s just bad art or if it’s supposed to be maggots being added to a hotdog, so we might also have the bonus racism of “The immigrants eat disgusting things and they’re infecting our normal food with it!”

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah, the handmaidens with face huggers is just great replacement non-sense and the jobs all the evil alien invaders get are positions of power at all levels of society. It’s literally “The immigrants are gonna take over our country and then breed with the white women to destroy white people!”

The food cart one I can’t tell if it’s just bad art or if it’s supposed to be maggots being added to a hotdog, so we might also have the bonus racism of “The immigrants eat disgusting things and they’re infecting our normal food with it!”
You'd think because Watto has debatably unintentional elements of an unfortunate stereotype he'd just get even more antisemitic about it but I'm more creative than Tats and it was a nice boost to my ego to be reminded of that fact.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ah yes, those leftists, always saying "I'm in favor of immigration but these guys are 'scary looking' so now I believe nazi conspiracy theories". Really shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me!
The point's been made already but this entire arc is just "but... LOOK at them!!!! they're scary looking!!" and no actual violence or even threat is happening.

And then we just see them peacefully integrated and participating in local culture, starting small businesses... oh the horror.

E:The predator turns into a loving cop!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's a reference to the WEF wanting us to eat bugs, which is bad because it's different.

Klaus Schwab suggesting insect protein may solve world malnutrition = giant nosed aliens putting grubs in your food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Googles "Most Popular Dragonball Z Villains."

Reaches past Frieza and Cell to select Vegeta and Piccolo. Two of the most famous reformed rivals in the entire genre if not the entire medium. No further research necessary.

I... I meant to do that. I'm not owned, I'm not owned!