Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Prez #4 (1974)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
prez is too implausible to take seriously. how can there be a us president that isn't already a vampire?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Is all Prez like that? It's so weird I feel compelled to check it out

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Note to self:
Be on the lookout for coffin shaped suitcases, they may contain legless Dracula.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm intrigued by "it worked! He fell for it!" Like yes it's a pun, but does Prez also mean his native vice-president or whatever bluffed to the half-vampire that the swastika was actually a religious symbol to him and therefore could ward off a vampire? :psyduck:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

I'm intrigued by "it worked! He fell for it!" Like yes it's a pun, but does Prez also mean his native vice-president or whatever bluffed to the half-vampire that the swastika was actually a religious symbol to him and therefore could ward off a vampire? :psyduck:

Oh, Eagle Free isn't vice-president. He's director of the FBI.

And yes, Prez is thoroughly bizarre.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is all Prez like that? It's so weird I feel compelled to check it out

There isn't really that much more of it. The original run was just four issues

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was enjoying the "reboot" in 2015, but they canceled the 12 issue series 6 issues in. Who could have been interested in a comic about the president that would have run through the 2016 election?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Power Man and Iron Fist #103 (1984)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TwoPair posted:

Hey, that dude could be halfway across the universe, Cap is both local and easy to find if you're on a clock thanks to not living a double life like some heroes.

if you need a more serious answer than "it'd be funny to put him in a real ridiculous comic-rear end situation", there is a time dilation effect going on (Cap mentions later in narration after he gets back 2 hours later that it's been days of non-stop fighting for him), so Sue really does need to find someone fast.

More importantly
Complete doormat for a good cause
Hell never say no if you ask nice.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Uthor posted:

I was enjoying the "reboot" in 2015, but they canceled the 12 issue series 6 issues in. Who could have been interested in a comic about the president that would have run through the 2016 election?

Vote Loki was such a huge hit tho

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Honestly, I feel like Prez is a concept that would have worked fine if it weren't mostly sold in comic stores.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In addition to Prez there was the 1968 movie "Wild in the Streets" which is about a rock star who successfully gets the voting age lowered to 14 and rides the youth wave into power.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Most rockstars who could successfully get age laws lowered would just ride the youth.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

In addition to Prez there was the 1968 movie "Wild in the Streets" which is about a rock star who successfully gets the voting age lowered to 14 and rides the youth wave into power.

A movie that was made in response to demands to lower the voting age to 18. Those 18 year olds were going to destroy the country if they were allowed to vote for people who wouldn't draft them into fighting pointless wars.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

And then in the very next election after the voting age changed, Nixon won everywhere except CT and DC.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Giant-Size Hulk #1 (2006)

Can't help but feel for Herc...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Eagle Free is technically correct, but I believe most Native American artisans stopped using the shape in their work in the early 1940s for some reason.

It is a pretty simple design, of course, and looks cool. Nowadays we have the Cool S, which I hope has a similar mystical potency.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's the fbi director badge of office. eagle free chose to interpret it differently, is all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SimonChris posted:

Prez #4 (1974)
Oh man, I remember those from Physical ed in the 80s. If you tipped over to the sides they would pinch the poo poo out of your fingers, but they were still fun.

Not as fun as parachute day or foam hockey stick floor hockey though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Incredible Hulk #127 (1970)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

The Incredible Hulk #127 (1970)

I was probably five when I read that issue of "GREEN MAN HULK". It was the saddest god drat thing I'd ever read.

(Hulk has been my favourite since I was a kid because he was just an enormous sad gently caress-up.)

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Ranma 1/2 ch. 263:
Shampoo and Kodachi take a pointer from Clark Kent:

Later:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Leading Comics #5 (1942)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Raphael: Bad Moon Rising #3 (2007)

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

Young Men #24 (1953)

Kickers, Inc. #3 (1987)

Spidey Super Stories #2 (1974)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was probably five when I read that issue of "GREEN MAN HULK". It was the saddest god drat thing I'd ever read.

(Hulk has been my favourite since I was a kid because he was just an enormous sad gently caress-up.)

It was the first issue of Hulk I ever read, it was collected in a compilation annual along with a Neal Adams X-Men vs Sentinels story. And yeah, the ending was just miserable, poor, poor dude.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Forum accident posted:

Spidey Super Stories #2 (1974)

This needs a narration box explaining what's going on.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Just one more Prez:

Prez #4 (1974)

Beating the poo poo out of the wolfman for several hours straight. You'd think after the first hour they would a try a different approach.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Forum accident posted:

Young Men #24 (1953)

What an odd thing to lie about.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Yeah, it's an odd direction

"Can't let the rest of the Ubermench know that an Allied backed superhuman (robot?) managed to defeat all my local ground forces, bypass any number of security measures, get into my fortified bunker, and set me on fire with his magic powers, burning me to death. They might lose the faith if that story got out. Better to go with the idea that faced with the reality of the crushing defeat I was about to suffer through, and the subsequent humiliation of facing a trial* and consequences for my actions, I decided to do the cowardly thing and kill myself. Yeah, that ought to keep everyone's spirits up. Go with that."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Let the world know the truth! Only a Hitler can kill Hitler!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You mean the Human Torch's lie? True.

(Hitler, with his dying breath, says "ARGGG!". That is no lie.)

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Uthor posted:

There's not much to explain, it's Spidey and Morgan Freeman walking down the street reading signs out loud.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

It is a Jojo Panel

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #1 (1942)

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

Marvel Team-Up #4 (1972)

Nightmask #2 (1986)

Star Trek: The Next Generation #3 (1988)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm not sure either of these panels from Jean Grey #2 were supposed to be funny, but I laughed.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm not sure either of these panels from Jean Grey #2 were supposed to be funny, but I laughed.

2nd panel, 1st thought:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Same thing happens to Cable and he erupts with pouches