Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
My supreme commandant is a bowl of Frank's and whirl, the butter flavored oil we used at Domino's when I worked there. That's how we made buffalo wings, a mixture of Frank's and whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

CannonFodder posted:

My supreme commandant is a bowl of Frank's and whirl, the butter flavored oil we used at Domino's when I worked there. That's how we made buffalo wings, a mixture of Frank's and whirl.

I love Dom's buffalo wings, and always thought it tasted like a thicker/creamier Franks. This was an enlightening post.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Yeah wing sauce is basically just hot sauce plus butter or oil. I found the premade Franks Xtra Hot wing sauce in the bottle to be quite satisfactory as far as heat and consistency

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Capital Letdown posted:

I love Dom's buffalo wings, and always thought it tasted like a thicker/creamier Franks. This was an enlightening post.
Yeah. This was back in 2003 or so, but we would prep the wings by putting 10 in a little plastic bag, I tried to get an even mix of flats and drums, and we would prep the BBQ sauce which was some thick Kansas City Masterpiece style sauce (or maybe actually KC Masterpiece, I mean, it's Domino's, it's corporate) and the Frank's/whirl mix into squeeze bottles. Then when we got an order for wings, someone on the line would get a pizza tray and a pre-cut piece of aluminum foil, a bag of wings out of the fridge right there, squeeze in the choice of flavor, mix them all up in the bag, then put on the foil give an extra squeeze on the top, and put it into the rolling oven.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

No actually that one is good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Look at that hand coverage by the syrup though, the taste of probably great but I don't think I can take the ol' sticky hands

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s not a good pizza if you don’t get messy eating it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't mind the sauce so much, but 8 can't stand anything sticky on there. I'd shamelessly go knife and fork on that one :wotwot:

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Look at that hand coverage by the syrup though, the taste of probably great but I don't think I can take the ol' sticky hands

Dominic, you rat! How could you give your own brother the ol' sticky pizza?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dokapon Findom posted:

Yeah wing sauce is basically just hot sauce plus butter or oil.
Nervously remembering the butter-flavored coconut oil I got for popcorn and the bottle of Frank's in the fridge...

Already knew buffalo suace is Frank's and butter, but hmmm

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

CannonFodder posted:

Yep, I remember finding out about the butter with the wing-sauce at Domino's as well. I always thought... there was no need for the butter, but... I mean, it doesn't make it like... worse tasting or anything, that's for sure.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s1hdn7Z8AP1r0uzl6.mp4

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

They should instead use a hollowed out loaf of Italian bread filled with the pasta and topped with the sauce and cheese and consider it an abstract pizza

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

I don’t know why this is more offensive to me than a simple, badly executed pizza. Maybe because the extra effort still results in something gross and actively hostile to my lactose intolerance.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

DiGiorno pineapple pickle pizza

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

“Its not delivery it’s poo poo”

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

None of the ingredients offend me, but the execution thereof certainly does.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ohio valley vibes night be too spicy

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

a good giorno to die

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
There may not be rules but I think some pizza ethics are being violated there

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Digiorohno

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Toppings (and questionable cooking time? I thought that was raw until I noticed some of the cheese was melted) aside, the "rising crust" pizzas are nasty, just a bunch of gross dough. I haven't had one in years but I have doubts they've improved any

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I always thought DiGiorno was decent for a frozen pizza, but in a weird way - only for about the first five minutes it's out of the oven. Like, the first slice and a half is fine, and then it just nosedives from there and no amount of reheating can save it.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I always thought DiGiorno was decent for a frozen pizza, but in a weird way - only for about the first five minutes it's out of the oven. Like, the first slice and a half is fine, and then it just nosedives from there and no amount of reheating can save it.

So they’re like the madeleines* of pizza?

* Seriously, the first five to ten minutes straight out of the oven they’re delicious orangey witchcraft, and then unceremoniously turn into a small but ordinary spongecake. Still leagues better than the Digiorno metamorphosis, mind.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

One of the worst pages of the thread.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ChairmanMauzer posted:

None of the ingredients offend me, but the execution thereof certainly does.
I'm mostly offended that they're calling them "boats" instead of "cones"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Upsidads posted:

Ohio valley vibes night be too spicy

I know these words but this sentence makes no sense! :(

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dokapon Findom posted:

I know these words but this sentence makes no sense! :(

That pizza, had Ohio valley pizza vibes. It might be too spicy for Ohio though

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's not delivery, it's a Disaster.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Down here in Florida the worst pizza is well everything I have had here but second place is imposter pizza. Those are ones that claim to be NY or Chicago style but just end up being overpriced Florida style garbage

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Groda posted:

Decided to hold a pizza party and introduce some Swedes to a little culture.

I would kill this to be honest.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Upsidads posted:

Down here in Florida the worst pizza is well everything I have had here but second place is imposter pizza. Those are ones that claim to be NY or Chicago style but just end up being overpriced Florida style garbage

Cosigned, this is from Joey D's, which professes to do authentic Chicago food

That is not a chicago style buttery crust, it's just standard pizza dough, just in a cylinder formation. I was chewing my way through that for what felt like hours

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Upsidads posted:

Sounds like authentic Chicago and New York style pizza to me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hasturtium posted:

So they’re like the madeleines* of pizza?

* Seriously, the first five to ten minutes straight out of the oven they’re delicious orangey witchcraft, and then unceremoniously turn into a small but ordinary spongecake. Still leagues better than the Digiorno metamorphosis, mind.

the croissant crust one is pretty ok i think

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
https://youtube.com/shorts/wmLmhyPDsNo?si=kUrmx7J6OBik7zjm

Pizza Axe

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Sounds like authentic Chicago and New York style pizza to me

They do this to Detroit too
Nothing is sacred

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm glad they didn't stop at the pizza but I wish they'd kept going with more things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the hide bound Italian mind could never encompass such a epochal innovation.