Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mustached Demon posted:

He's engaged to a woman he met in college. She played college volleyball. That's about as far as I felt like going.

Needs to marry Ciera tier singer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Leperflesh posted:

I think Purdy needs to work on accuracy a bit. He did have some very nice throws, but also a couple that could have been intercepted and a handful that were just off target, including a couple that receivers stretched and caught anyway to bail him out a bit.

Definitely the most inaccurate i've seen him be, but as Play said, much of that could be attributed to the Giants blitzing all the time.

Lifespan posted:

That's actually really cool. TNF is definitely the best broadcast group in the NFL right now.

Al Michaels has definitely checked out though

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Leperflesh posted:

I kinda also like the manning bros and guest kinda halfassedly chat over the game and sometimes predict what the play is before the snap, too, but the amazon coverage is pretty good.

Watching Peyton Manning become more and more annoyed at Zach Wilson was a highlight of week 1.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MakaVillian posted:

Definitely the most inaccurate i've seen him be, but as Play said, much of that could be attributed to the Giants blitzing all the time.

Yeah almost all those 'off' throws (from memory, haven't rewatched the game) were high-anticipation prayers falling back with a free rusher incoming. First drive was a bit scary since missing throws like that is fine, turning the ball over isn't and he nearly did that a few times. But I thought he got better at handling the constant blitzing as the game went on, like the near touchdown to McCaffrey and the actual touchdown to Deebo were both those kind of throws.

Not that he was anywhere near perfect mind you, he definitely missed some throws he should've made.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Feeling like the seahawks could drop a stinker against the panthers. A little high off their own farts after the lions game and I remember the colts Mccoy giants coming in and running hog wild all over them a couple years ago. I think the ypc in the run d is a mirage since they are still giving up like 300 yards passing a game

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Play posted:

Yeah almost all those 'off' throws (from memory, haven't rewatched the game) were high-anticipation prayers falling back with a free rusher incoming. First drive was a bit scary since missing throws like that is fine, turning the ball over isn't and he nearly did that a few times. But I thought he got better at handling the constant blitzing as the game went on, like the near touchdown to McCaffrey and the actual touchdown to Deebo were both those kind of throws.

Not that he was anywhere near perfect mind you, he definitely missed some throws he should've made.

Yeah, I think he made a couple of iffy decisions early and his ball placement wasn't on point but on the plus side, I feel like the Giants going all kamikaze pass rush on a short week were trying to create much more disastrous results from a young QB than some erratic ball placement. So there's something to be said for him composing himself, recognizing they were trying to kill him, and just getting the ball to his various YAC monsters before they could succeed, even if he's capable of better on some of the throws themselves.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/SavageSports_/status/1705207394660163971

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

it's not just the greatest individual play in Super Bowl history, it's the single most consequential play in the history of American team sports.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

it's not just the greatest individual play in Super Bowl history, it's the single most consequential play in the history of American team sports.

I'd probably choose the Miracle on Ice, third period when Mike Eruzione scored the winning goal against the soviets. Easily more consequential in just about every way you could think of

but I get it, if I was a pats fan I'd be living in the past too

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Play posted:

I'd probably choose the Miracle on Ice, third period when Mike Eruzione scored the winning goal against the soviets. Easily more consequential in just about every way you could think of

a third period is composed of many plays. I get the significance of that game, but taking a tie game to a lead with 10 minutes to spare is a little different than turning a 99% loss into a 99% win with a single play as time effectively expires

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fate Accomplice posted:

a third period is composed of many plays. I get the significance of that game, but taking a tie game to a lead with 10 minutes to spare is a little different than turning a 99% loss into a 99% win with a single play as time effectively expires

The play was the shot on goal that went in.

There's also that band on field play. That was consequential and quite funny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to settle this you'll all need to agree to three different awards. one for literal consequence within the game, one for consequences in society, and one more that is entirely figurative

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The most consequential moment in American team sports for society at large was the 49ers thrashing the Dolphins in Super Bowl XIX, which denied Dan Marino his best shot at being a champion and indirectly prevented him from being President during 9/11, when, because of CTE and poor impulse control, he would otherwise have commanded the use of nuclear weapons against Flight 93 “just in case”.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like half of the Seahawks are out tomorrow, but apparently Jamal Adams isn't one of them.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lifespan posted:

Looks like half of the Seahawks are out tomorrow, but apparently Jamal Adams isn't one of them.

Are we starting a 41 year old on the OL though that's the question.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seems likely.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Apparently it's not too late for me to start a professional football career.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A new channel has appeared!

I like this guy. It's his literally first video. It's got good analysis, good production values, and he's got some funny verbal tics, "this cat... <draws box>"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvMuhcqKr4

And yeah, it is unfair. 90-42 for scoring over the first three games is demonic.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Al Michaels has definitely checked out though

Al Michaels finally said the thing out loud on TNF though, “how come we play at Levi’s Stadium and all of our bumpers are of 44 miles north?” as a drone shot of the Golden Gate Bridge is on screen.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Because there's literally nothing but a suburban hellscape between Union Square and the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. What would the bumpers be of in that vast, yawning empty space?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wouldn't say that I'm scared of Andy Dalton in 2023, but he's exactly the type of crafty veteran who can pick apart soft coverages and keep the chains moving, especially when he has time to throw. In other words, the Seahawks probably shouldn't feel too comfortable.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

harperdc posted:

Al Michaels finally said the thing out loud on TNF though, “how come we play at Levi’s Stadium and all of our bumpers are of 44 miles north?” as a drone shot of the Golden Gate Bridge is on screen.

He also was bashing on the fact that there's nothing scenic about Santa Clara. And he's right because I live here and there's nothing scenic in the South Bay.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Benne posted:

I wouldn't say that I'm scared of Andy Dalton in 2023, but he's exactly the type of crafty veteran who can pick apart soft coverages and keep the chains moving, especially when he has time to throw. In other words, the Seahawks probably shouldn't feel too comfortable.

Agree. Total trap game

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
There are a couple pretty churches in San Jose. Uh, that’s about it; they even ruined the river.

And Santa Clara specifically is a wasteland. (I get to spend a week there in a month, hooray.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's some restored wetlands. Do a live shot of magestic birds maybe. There's also some historic missions, we can commemorate the forcible conversion of the native people by showcasing some mud buildings?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Considering every media portrayal of SF is like 5 landmarks at most, it’s not surprising they can’t make the South Bay work, but there’s plenty of cool enough stuff if you’re creative.

I flew into SJC last year as the 49ers-Buccaneers game was ending and it was a pretty neat sight with the lights on.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I don't think the Seahawks are good enough to describe any particular game as a trap game.
Playing against the Seahawks might be a trap game for another team.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I am sad we're out of first place in the draft pick race

but gently caress the cowboys.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

I am sad we're out of first place in the draft pick race

but gently caress the cowboys.

:hfive:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
All those transplanted Cowboys fans at the stadium gonna go home sad and that is delightful.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Same old sorry rear end Cowboys

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good job, NFC West solid day all around.

gently caress the cowboys.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Imagine all the people that thought a Mike McCarthy coached team was the best team in the league.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Cardinals, good work loving the Cowboys. The universe thanks you.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bird Gang

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

King Hong Kong posted:

Considering every media portrayal of SF is like 5 landmarks at most, it’s not surprising they can’t make the South Bay work, but there’s plenty of cool enough stuff if you’re creative.

I flew into SJC last year as the 49ers-Buccaneers game was ending and it was a pretty neat sight with the lights on.

I grew up like a 10 minute drive from what is considered the South Bay and live about 30 minutes from it now, and I can count on my fingers the number of times I actually went there to do something. Maybe a few concerts and Sharks/49er games? It offers nothing culturally that any random bay area suburb cannot fulfill.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 25, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Solid win for a dinged-up Seahawks crew. If the Cowboys showed us anything, it's that you can't take any win for granted unless you're playing the Bears

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
The Seahawks are going to need 37 points every week to win. But maybe they'll pull it off often enough to be fun.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hawks bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

I grew up like a 10 minute drive from what is considered the South Bay and live about 30 minutes from it now, and I can count on my fingers the number of times I actually went there to do something. Maybe a few concerts and Sharks/49er games? It offers nothing culturally that any random bay area suburb cannot fulfill.

If you're going down to the valley just keep going until you get to santa cruz/monterey county, basically