Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sam LaPorta is handsome and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/OllieConnolly/status/1706086167064547746?t=0HJJW68D6T8ZRZ2zueZpeQ&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That was only the second time in Packers history that they won down 17 in the fourth quarter

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Not really surprised with today's game, I only caught bits but the chiefs going up 5 yds then falling asleep at the wheel was pretty expected.

I just don't know what this team does from here. They seemed to be having fun last year, sure as poo poo aren't now

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

oh man it’s going to be a legendary Sicko Bowl game, isn’t it?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Bip Roberts posted:

The bears would have lost 70-0 if the chiefs didn't put that win in their pocket at the half and go home

The Broncos were losing by less than the Bears at halftime too. Could have been much worse if they weren't concerned about Mahomes' ankle

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh look.

There you are, pass rush.

https://twitter.com/lionspr/status/1706071356733899239?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I'm like 90% sure that Alan Williams started the CP rumor so he could get the gently caress out of Dodge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Vikings are going to finish with like five wins but a positive point differential

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
When the Bears end up with picks one and two in the draft >>>>

They can ruin two good quarterbacks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why was Fields put back into the game after being pulled out by dj Moore fir being clearly concussed?
This is a repeat of last year, where a clearly still injured fields was trotted out against the lions in an act that should have gotten Getsy/ flus fired last season

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is what it's all about baby. We'll really be in the driver's seat if we manage to lose next week

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lmao this is incredible

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

xbilkis posted:

This is what it's all about baby. We'll really be in the driver's seat if we manage to lose next week

Minnesota and Denver need to get their poo poo together

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

brugroffil posted:

They both have "get right" games next week facing the Panthers and the Bears, respectively.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
NFCN QB Shook status:

Cousins: Shook
Fields: Extremely shook
Goff: Not shook
Love: Not shook

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1706098111637061994

Hell yeah

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Does he mean cracking open the gates to hell? I could see that happening soon.

Or maybe he’s working on the Lament Configuration. That feels more accurate.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He’s not wrong if you keep playing games you will eventually win

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CharlestheHammer posted:

He’s not wrong if you keep playing games you will eventually win

I don't know that this is necessarily true

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Not impossible he never wins another game as head coach

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

brugroffil posted:

six turnovers inside the opponent's 30 yard line lmfao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Does he mean cracking open the gates to hell? I could see that happening soon.

Or maybe he’s working on the Lament Configuration. That feels more accurate.

Matt Eberflus After Week 8:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1706101300004290656?s=20

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Jordan Love is the loving man.

Also, for the first time I'm starting to feel just a microscopic bit bad for the Bears and their fans

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Just gonna put it out there that the Lions have big ol nuts and all the rest of the North have tiny little bean bags.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Jordan Love is the loving man.

Also, for the first time I'm starting to feel just a microscopic bit bad for the Bears and their fans

Don’t

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I really appreciate the Bears being downright awful. It’s easier to not care. When they’re out there winning like 8 games is when it really sucks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1706106548219465737?s=20

Lmao rip

Another QB ruined

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Thinking about the firing Poles talk, and I'm not sure you can do it this year. I'm not a Bears fan, but it seems like if you hire a GM and fire him after 2 years under the following conditions:

1) Having allowed the previous regime an extra year to mortgage the future of the franchise - Poles's years - on a desperate Hail Mary attempt to save their jobs,
2) Stuck him with the previous regime's desperate Hail Mary attempt at drafting a QB
2) Gave him a choice of three pre-selected head coaching candidates as opposed to letting him be a part of the entire hiring process

Well, no one good's going to consider being your new GM.

I get moving on from Eberflus, dude is bad. I called it before his first year when the story about him was that he was pop quizzing the players about various Bears of ye olden times (because that's what Bill Belichick does), because that's dog poo poo that doesn't loving matter. You can tell you've got a myopic middle manager type by that kind of poo poo.

But I think you kind of have to keep Poles around, let him hire his own guy for HC and give him at minimum two more drafts to figure poo poo out. Especially since the Bears are not a top flight organization that anyone is all that excited to work for, I don't think. No one wants their boss to be demi-lich Virginia McCaskey's broodlings.

I get all the arguments in favor of moving on - Poles's drafts haven't been great, his free agent signings haven't been great - but moving on after two years for a GM severely hamstrung by the past regime... I doubt you'll attract anyone better. :shrug:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Bears so bad they cause existential crises in their players

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I hope Justin Fields takes his $50m or whatever and walks off into the sunset, happy to never care about winning a football game again

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

whos that broooown posted:

Bears so bad they cause existential crises in their players

Fields to IR: Existential Crisis

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Fields is one 30 point loss from declaring himself the brother of Jesus

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Thinking about the firing Poles talk, and I'm not sure you can do it this year. I'm not a Bears fan, but it seems like if you hire a GM and fire him after 2 years under the following conditions:

1) Having allowed the previous regime an extra year to mortgage the future of the franchise - Poles's years - on a desperate Hail Mary attempt to save their jobs,
2) Stuck him with the previous regime's desperate Hail Mary attempt at drafting a QB
2) Gave him a choice of three pre-selected head coaching candidates as opposed to letting him be a part of the entire hiring process

Well, no one good's going to consider being your new GM.

I get moving on from Eberflus, dude is bad. I called it before his first year when the story about him was that he was pop quizzing the players about various Bears of ye olden times (because that's what Bill Belichick does), because that's dog poo poo that doesn't loving matter. You can tell you've got a myopic middle manager type by that kind of poo poo.

But I think you kind of have to keep Poles around, let him hire his own guy for HC and give him at minimum two more drafts to figure poo poo out. Especially since the Bears are not a top flight organization that anyone is all that excited to work for, I don't think. No one wants their boss to be demi-lich Virginia McCaskey's broodlings.

I get all the arguments in favor of moving on - Poles's drafts haven't been great, his free agent signings haven't been great - but moving on after two years for a GM severely hamstrung by the past regime... I doubt you'll attract anyone better. :shrug:

Poles probably hasn’t gotten a fair shake, but that doesn’t matter. Nothing about the NFL is fair. He hasn’t shown enough to be worth keeping around to pick your next QB and coach and determine the future of the franchise. He’s also just poisoned by his association with this utter failure. You’re worried about which GM would want the job (probably plenty, they’re looking at two very early picks in a QB heavy draft) but what coach is going to look at this Bears team and think “yup, I definitely want to go work for whoever is running that place.”

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jared Goof has as many rushing TDs as Justin Fields lol

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I can't wait for Fields to go nihilistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The beauty is it doesn't matter.