Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Djibril Cisse owns

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Extremely good

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Fergie kicking a boot that hit Beckham in the face

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Fergie getting hit with a pizza and it being a Grassy Knoll level conspiracy theory over whether Fabregas threw it

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
fergies face at united matches for the past ten years

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

jose mourinho getting banned for saying the referees were actually good and competent but in a sarcastic voice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the time that the USA got to fourth in the world rankings by just aggressively beating Mexico every three weeks for about five years and all their fans getting excited about the world rankings and FIFA having to change the world rankings

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
FIFA world number one team Switzerland

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The funniest rankings shenanigans is still the time that Poland stopped playing friendlies because even winning a friendly carried a lower weight than qualifier games, so they realized that they could be pot 1 for 2018 by not playing anybody. And then because they hadn't really played together as a team in so long they managed to finish last in an easy group.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Paul nice and the shoot note

Mick McCarthy being scared by a ghost

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Pep is bald

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

joepinetree posted:

The funniest rankings shenanigans is still the time that Poland stopped playing friendlies because even winning a friendly carried a lower weight than qualifier games, so they realized that they could be pot 1 for 2018 by not playing anybody. And then because they hadn't really played together as a team in so long they managed to finish last in an easy group.

Lol

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Didn’t Wales do the same thing to end up in Pot 1 for the Euros?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

(i think this was around the time fergie recalled a player from peterborough when his son was sacked as manager) someone asking neil warnock if premier league managers only loaned out players to other managers they liked, and he replied “well no-one ever loans me players, so yeah maybe”

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m not a loving wheeler dealer. I’m a football loving manager.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ah no, come on Harry, I didn't mean it like that

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The guy with the dildo on his head that finally stopped sky posting reporter's outside every stadium and training ground on deadline day

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

“No wonder he’s in the loving reserves”

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Was it Newcastle where the director of football or manager was at a game and really liked the look of a player on one of the teams and asking for info on them, ballpark for a fee etc. not realising it was a Newcastle player who they’d loaned out?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It was Joe Kinnear and Shane Ferguson

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I've heard rumours that was made up by some mackems as a joke but I want it to be real so badly

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that one may be made up but Joe Kinnear really did drive out Charles N'Zogbia by calling him Charles Insomnia in a press conference

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Not even the best Kinnear bit.

“Which one of you is Simon (can’t remember the journo’s surname)?”

“You’re a oval office”

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

franks posted:

Not even the best Kinnear bit.

“Which one of you is Simon (can’t remember the journo’s surname)?”

“You’re a oval office”

it was one week after he got named interim boss

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Speaking of funny football poo poo, I think that season started with Keegan in charge of Newcastle and ended with Shearer. What a time to be alive.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ashley cole white-knuckling the steering wheel all the way home after being offered a £55k per week contract instead of the £60k he'd asked for

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

FullLeatherJacket posted:

ashley cole white-knuckling the steering wheel all the way home after being offered a £55k per week contract instead of the £60k he'd asked for

While livid and SCREAMING at his agent at what an outrage that was, published in his autobiography, ostensibly because he didn’t realize what a twat it rightly made him seem

Also, for content

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal lowballing the best left back in the world and trading him for William Gallas is funnier imo

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

It was Joe Kinnear and Shane Ferguson

Thank you and :lol: I loved that era of Newcastle content

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tony pulis being given a leave of absence because his mum died that day, deciding "gently caress it" during the first fifteen minutes of the game, and then coming sprinting out of the tunnel for the second half like he's steve austin

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Arsenal lowballing the best left back in the world and trading him for William Gallas is funnier imo

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

tony pulis being given a leave of absence because his mum died that day, deciding "gently caress it" during the first fifteen minutes of the game, and then coming sprinting out of the tunnel for the second half like he's steve austin

It's better than that, he was watching the game and got so mad he drove to the ground to take over.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

tony pulis managing adama traore, spending every single game coaching him minute to minute and it ending up being his most successful season.

i can still hear the chorus of "adama, adama ADAMA" now.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

charlie adam scoring from the halfway line for liverpool, followed by a MOTD compilation of charlie adam spending multiple games being unable to create anything of note and just deciding to take a shot at goal from the centre circle that then runs harmlessly out of play and concedes possession

jamie carragher being visible in the background and making a face like he's planning to throw charlie's clothes in the shower when they get back to the dressing room

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Charlie Adam looking like a 55 year old drunk when he was in his mid 20's.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Charlie Adam playing 200 times in the Premier League and somehow still being mostly too poo poo to get called up for Scotland

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
That Liverpool team where Charlie Adam and a bunch of players like him were the XI

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvXILTeqyY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Chelsea dropping 10 figures and not getting a single title winning player