Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

And yet your team lost 40-0 to this poo poo team

Makes u think

The Giants are supposed to be bad. The Cowboys are supposed to challenge for a championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I would feel better about the loss if the cardinals were playing really good ball. But no. The cowboys were just self immolating, which makes this even worse imo. game can’t be explained away by the injured starters. liable to set ourselves on fire with unforced dumb poo poo against anyone if this happens against the drat cardinals

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NFC East 2023: Maybe Nobody's a Contender?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

gently caress the Cowboys lol

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Extremely Cowboys poo poo to spend 2 weeks looking like the best team in the NFL only to lose to a team most people think are tanking

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Cards are an honorary NFC East team.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
look, who knows what happens tomorrow night

but for the time being i am so, so loving happy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

The Cardinals are more connected to the NFC East with this win than they were in the literal decades when they actually were in the division.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cowboys are now 2-4 in Glendale since 06 while being heavily favored in each of the matchups

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Extremely Cowboys poo poo to spend 2 weeks looking like the best team in the NFL only to lose to a team most people think are tanking

I guess they didn't have any fire in their gut. They should try taking the bus back to Dallas

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Quiet Feet posted:

When I was a kid, I remember the Eagles seemingly always splitting the series with the Cardinals. Usually because of some bullshit comeback led by Jake Plummer. Younger me was so frustrated by being unable to explain it, but I love that older me can look back and go, yep, that's how I was introduced to the concept of NFC East clownball.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON

Lol
Lmao even

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
At least we're not the broncos.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bare minimum, I'm glad the Cards are a little less likely to get the #1 pick

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm glad the Cowboys lost in embarrassing fashion. It really tells me that the NFL is back

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

416 yards, 26 first downs, converted 60% of their third downs and won the ToP battle 34:00-25:00

- 3rd and 6 or more, eleven times
- 165 net penalty yards
- 5.5 ypa passing
- 8 rushing attempts inside the red zone for 3 or fewer yards

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Scored only 16 points to Arizona's 28.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

blarzgh posted:

416 yards, 26 first downs, converted 60% of their third downs and won the ToP battle 34:00-25:00

- 3rd and 6 or more, eleven times
- 165 net penalty yards
- 5.5 ypa passing
- 8 rushing attempts inside the red zone for 3 or fewer yards

Hang on, let me look up the number of wins all that counts for...

Looks like none, Bob.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t properly taunt the cowboys becuase I know the eagles are in for it soon

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the eagles get loving decimated tonight by trying to run the same piss-poor passing formation setup again, with the game ending on a failed tush push sneak executed so badly that Hurts winds up being pantsed somehow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

NFC East 2023: Maybe Nobody's a Contender?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Bare minimum, I'm glad the Cards are a little less likely to get the #1 pick

Why'd we need the #1 pick when we've found the future franchise QB off waivers? :smuggo:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I don’t think the point of blarzgh’s post was to show how well they moved the ball.

I think it was to show that yeah, you can roll up a lot yards in offense and first downs, and hold the ball a long time, but when you have endless false/start holding penalties and cannot advance the ball in the red zone, you lose.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Adding another to the loss category in the “if dak is down by 10 in the second quarter the game is over” chart.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dak’s career can almost be defined by his inability to play from behind.

If the cowboys get ahead, he’s one of the best QBs in the league. If they fall behind, well, the game is over.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

MrMojok posted:

I don’t think the point of blarzgh’s post was to show how well they moved the ball.

I think it was to show that yeah, you can roll up a lot yards in offense and first downs, and hold the ball a long time, but when you have endless false/start holding penalties and cannot advance the ball in the red zone, you lose.

Yeah I admit I didn't read it closely at first. When blarzgh posts a bunch of stats I just assume at this point it's gonna be some handpicked stuff to paint a glowing picture and my eyes just kinda glaze over.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah I admit I didn't read it closely at first. When blarzgh posts a bunch of stats I just assume at this point it's gonna be some handpicked stuff to paint a glowing picture and my eyes just kinda glaze over.

To be fair, this is usually how to read a Blarz stat post, yes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have a bad feeling about tonight, brothers

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

a bucs win would really put this division in its rightful place

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

beep by grandpa posted:

same tbh

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Anyone afraid of 2023 Baker Mayfield is a coward and I won't stand for it.

*12 hours later*

I always knew Baker was a good QB.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Just one? I got like 4 or 5.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Get in losers Eagles, we're going 0-4 this week.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Get in losers Eagles, we're going 0-4 this week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I believe in Baker.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just cannot wrap my loving head around this chain of events

edit: here's some phone wallpaper, cowboys fans

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: here's some phone wallpaper, cowboys fans

I missed that angle on RedZone lol but also :psyduck:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Blarzgh, what are the numbers to help me understand why's Dak thought Kyzir White was a Dallas Cowboy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
honestly it has to be so loving frustrating supporting dak because on one hand the man is immensely talented and when he's rolling he's among the very best in the league (and even when he's not rolling he's usually good-to-great), but then ... stuff like that.

those first two games were obviously impressive, but the defense glossed over some big problems with that offense. might be the sort of thing that can get pieced together, but in the meantime teams are going to be diving into yesterday's game to figure out the secret.

(the secret is to run the loving ball. that's it. that's the entire secret.)