Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestleFeatures/status/1706061679283294282

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

stab posted:

His story is being written by Robert Jordan (nerds will get it)

I get it.
RIP Cody. He never finished the story.

Sugar Blaster posted:

i agree. does anyone have any contentious hot dog takes they'd like to share with the thread?

Language is use. If somebody asks what you want for dinner and you say 'a sandwich' and they come back with a hot dog you are going to be very confused. Because a hot dog is not a sandwich.
Stop trying to compartmentalize everything into strict categories based on rational metrics. You can't. Ever.
Also putting ketchup on hot dogs is fine and even if wasn't it's a dumb hill to die on.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 25, 2023

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i think boogz leg exploding at wrestlemania killed his career

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

being named rick boogs could kill a career

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
boogs should have shown Hunter his Iron Cross and Skull tattoo, i'm sure they'd have something to talk about then

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Excited to see Boogs debut in AEW and smash a throne with his guitar

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

are you guys saying it like boogs or boogs?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Remember when it was almost spelled Rik Bugez

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sounds like the WGA strike may be wrapping up imminently.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hunter, as an old boomer metalhead, just couldn't abide Boogs lovely guitar tone and took him off TV until he learned to tune his loving instrument.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Cody listening gif

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

boogz with a z

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What’s Rick the Boogaloo Boy doing in the Narrative Choice Zone?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

MJeff posted:

SAG-AFTRA still striking so more Cena and teasing Rock appearances that won't happen barring unusual intersects of pop culture.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1706082870953922745

Getting ready for Boogs to show up in NWA.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ChrisBTY posted:

I get it.
RIP Cody. He never finished the story.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Considering Rick's physique I'm sure his removal literally lowered the T:E ration of the Fed, sure.

He should have left some roids for the rest of the boys.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I've always gotten Boogs and Madcap Moss mixed up, often thought they were the same person, and I feel like the window to fix my confusion is quickly closing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going back to movie talk.

Weekend at Bernies II is the most quintessential wrestling movie ever made.

A dead man with a moustache and in a hawaiian shirt dances whenever he hears Calypso music, and is chased by dumbarses who want his money.

If that is not a perfect metaphor for the wrestling business, then I don't know what is.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I found Glass Onion to be far worse than Knives Out, and it being a series of subtweets is accurate nowI think about it.

I saw Riddle a few times at my local indie, then when I went to one in a different country he remembered me and waved and whatnot, so I thought he was great , very pleasant (also great matches). Then speaking out happened and yeah, you realise that a 3 minute interaction is all well and good but doesn't really let you see whether someone is a creep or not. It's kind of a bummer. Stopped going to shows then. Now I just keep up with wrestling to see who is the newest creep that I liked.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MJeff posted:

Then say goodbye to Cena and The Rock

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is a Madcap Moss?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What is a Madcap Moss?

He was the best buddy of Happy Corbin and made lovely jokes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rich chud???? the gdan g chuds

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

Von Linus posted:

I saw Riddle a few times at my local indie, then when I went to one in a different country he remembered me and waved and whatnot, so I thought he was great , very pleasant (also great matches). Then speaking out happened and yeah, you realise that a 3 minute interaction is all well and good but doesn't really let you see whether someone is a creep or not. It's kind of a bummer. Stopped going to shows then. Now I just keep up with wrestling to see who is the newest creep that I liked.

Literally same here, I went to an Indy show in Edinburgh because Riddle was on the card and waited to get a picture with him. I was so stoked because he was like my ideal wrestler mixed MMA and athleticism he always worked a great match and had the crowd with him lerfect banyface type. And had a great tag team in PWG with Jeff Cobb. Now, if i see that picture it just bums me out. What a waste. Filthy Tom is where it's at for me

I have no worthy pinion on Glass Onion that film was boring.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The best things about Glass Onion were

- Big Dave
- Daniel Craig's meltdown over how stupid everything is. It's a detective movie that ends with the detective being annoyed that they even picked up the case, that's pretty funny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I vaguely recall something on one of WWE's lovely Z-Tier shows like The Bump, where Ali was talking about all the difficulties he had to go through just to even get on TV and then Rick Boogz was like "yeah we're exactly the same" and Ali looked like he wanted to punch his teeth down his throat, so this all checks out.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I thought rick boogz was virtuous :negative:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did anyone say Rick Boogzaloo yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Nah. Studios haven't gotten in touch with the actors/SAG yet, only the writers' strike right now looks like it's ending immediately. Completely different guild, not necessarily with the same demands (a lot overlap, but writers were extremely not getting paid anywhere close to fair, for example), and AMPTP tabled trying to talk to them to pursue ending the writers' strike first. John, Dwayne and Dave aren't writers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davros1 posted:

john cena and the rock's illustrious careers as screenwriters

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Cena could be an excellent screenwriter if he wanted to.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Rock can instantly start working on San Andreas 2: Still Quakin'... While I researched this fine joke I thought Skyscraper was a sequel to San Andreas but it's not.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

See No Evil 3 is no longer a possibility but an inevitability

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When the SGA strike is done, Rock is outta there. But Cena seems to legitimately love wrestling and being in front of the live crowds so he'll keep on making his annual appearances.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Better than both and also a bigger money draw.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And yet still no acknowledgment.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

projecthalaxy posted:

Better than both and also a bigger money draw.

The Bunny outdraws the Rock and Stone Cold, too, good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Chris James 2 posted:

Nah. Studios haven't gotten in touch with the actors/SAG yet, only the writers' strike right now looks like it's ending immediately. Completely different guild, not necessarily with the same demands (a lot overlap, but writers were extremely not getting paid anywhere close to fair, for example), and AMPTP tabled trying to talk to them to pursue ending the writers' strike first. John, Dwayne and Dave aren't writers

California just passed a law giving striking union workers the ability to collect unemployment insurance, so it probably won't be too long before a similar deal is reached with the actors' union (now that the studios' "let's see if starvation will bring them to heel" tactic has effectively been neutralized).