Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

When Mother asks why the team her dad founded is complete poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Sorry to hear that SourKraut :(

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Next Bears game: Sunday October 1st
After that game: Thursday October 5th

Then they have a ten-day interval to their next game (10/15). Fire the 'flus right after that Thursday game and immediately bring in a new head coach.

SourKraut, I'm feeling for you. I watched cancer take my mom a couple of years ago (anniversary next week), and it was the worst.

The question is -- are you promoting someone on staff to head coach? There's no DC and Getsy is more hated than Eberflus. Hightower from Special Teams?

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

It's time for Tyson Bagent

You know, I know it. The kid can't do any worse.

And he might actually be able to throw the ball. At the very least I will say he is willing to make a forward pass. The Fields era is over. Embrace TB 12 17

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shrimpy posted:

The question is -- are you promoting someone on staff to head coach? There's no DC and Getsy is more hated than Eberflus. Hightower from Special Teams?

Special teams is the only part that's working so sure

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Shrimpy posted:

They should be courting a new head coach already, and ready to bring him in by then. Let him pick his staff, the sooner the better.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

SourKraut posted:

I'm a fan of both the Bears and the Cardinals. And my mother is dying of cancer. This year is awesome.

(massive sarcasm of course)

Come join the cancer thread for advice and commiseration, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529607

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shrimpy posted:

Hit Man posted:

It's time for Tyson Bagent

You know, I know it. The kid can't do any worse.

I’m sold!

Tyson Bagent for interim Head Coach! :shuckyes:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Tyson "Bilbo" Bagent

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
gently caress cancer.
gently caress the bears, but in a different Way

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Re: Poles.

If I were Warren or George I'd give Poles a chance to save his job, he'd have to do a hell of alot of convincing me to not just reset everything. But I'd give him the dignity of trying to defend himself, and trying to lay out a plan of how he's going to fix this.

Plenty of GM's that people were not high on after their 2 years turned out to be decent GM's but GM is like a conversation that we are going to have to step through a fairly long conversation about some of your decisions, why you made them, did you pick someone or not pick someone because you trusted your coach's which were banging the table, etc etc.

The main reason I'd give Poles a chance to save his job in a debriefing interview, is because he did infact at least fail so far by being intensely frugal and pick hoardy. Bears are rolling over a poo poo ton of cap space, they have a number of high value draft picks, Poles at least set this team up to where if this coaching staff did fail and suck poo poo, the future isn't compromised as far as assets™

I think the issue is they have to fire Eberflus. So if Poles is fired after year 3, the new GM inherits someone else's coach in year 2. And maybe most importantly, I think a new GM should get to pick his QB, and the Bears may be in one of the best positions in the draft.

Poles could do a 180 in year 3 and actually have a good offseason. But he's been as bad a GM as there is in the league to this point and I'd rather just give someone fresh the keys to pick their own coach and QB.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Really sorry to hear about your Mom SourKraut. Hoping for the best for you two.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SourKraut posted:

I'm a fan of both the Bears and the Cardinals. And my mother is dying of cancer. This year is awesome.

:geno:

You're stronger than you think, but don't tackle things alone.

o7

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Condolences, SK, I just lost a close friend to cancer after she thought she had it beat before, and the feeling of powerlessness is brutal.

Also I think the Bears should start Nathan Peterman for the other game against the Packers.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Im sorry you're goin through that SK. Its a tough road.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

SourKraut posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. gently caress cancer.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

who is a hilarious Jeff Saturday-esque character the Bears could bring in be an interim coach? could they steal Peanut Tillman from the FBI

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I’m sorry to hear sourkraut that poo poo is the worst. Hopefully the cards embarrassing the cowboys gave you a laugh.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SourKraut posted:

Sorry to hear that, have been there. Keep your head up and don't refuse support, cancer is hell on the family almost as much as the victim. Hope her treatment goes as well as possible and you can create some memories with her.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

epic bacon posted:

who is a hilarious Jeff Saturday-esque character the Bears could bring in be an interim coach? could they steal Peanut Tillman from the FBI

Urlacher.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Nfl is so hosed up. I google this eberflus guy and his entire wikipedia article is him stealing Valor for all timer players like Demarcus Ware. Guy is clearly a loving clown, fire him lol.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Abugadu posted:

Urlacher.

Bears Nation longs for Federal occupation of their team. It's time for head football coach Charles "Peanut" Tillman in, "Football Bureau of Investigations". Rated PG-13

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hire Bienemy. Hiring someone off the Reid coaching tree and drafting a top QB has never gone wrong for the Bears.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

epic bacon posted:

Josh McCown

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

epic bacon posted:

Ditka, Part 2

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

I think the issue is they have to fire Eberflus. So if Poles is fired after year 3, the new GM inherits someone else's coach in year 2. And maybe most importantly, I think a new GM should get to pick his QB, and the Bears may be in one of the best positions in the draft.

Poles could do a 180 in year 3 and actually have a good offseason. But he's been as bad a GM as there is in the league to this point and I'd rather just give someone fresh the keys to pick their own coach and QB.

I mean at the stage I was somehow convinced to give him a new coach and a QB I know I'd be signing up to just give Poles the 3 years with the new coach/QB and fire everyone if/when it doesn't work.

--
https://twitter.com/NickShepkowski/status/1706153242525143307

Rip Doug.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DaireCarragher/status/1706274178666492346

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

epic bacon posted:

pat fitzgerald

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

pat fitzgerald

im screaming

Dexo posted:

I mean at the stage I was somehow convinced to give him a new coach and a QB I know I'd be signing up to just give Poles the 3 years with the new coach/QB and fire everyone if/when it doesn't work.

--
https://twitter.com/NickShepkowski/status/1706153242525143307

Rip Doug.

gravy on bad meat is such a wonderful phrase

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

Hire Bienemy. Hiring someone off the Reid coaching tree and drafting a top QB has never gone wrong for the Bears.

This but unironically

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I'm not even really joking, pairing Bienemy with Caleb seems like the best shot the Bears have to turn all of this nothing into something.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

sponges posted:

The Vikings might be the best 0-3 team of all time

def feels like a 5-12 season with a positive point differential could be in the works

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

Yeah I'm not even really joking, pairing Bienemy with Caleb seems like the best shot the Bears have to turn all of this nothing into something.

You still need a team around him. What's their plan for offensive line? Defensive line? WR at least looks OK between Mooney and Moore.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MJeff posted:

I don't really know a ton about Bieniemy, but I feel like him leaving for Washington was specifically to show he can coach outside of Andy Reid. He's even got a fresh QB to coach up this year and Howell is doing OK I guess. Too many picks, but Howell was also a 5th round guy meant to be a project. I think if Washington does decent this year on offense, and Howell shows improvement, then he'd be a really great hire. I'd be worried if the offense falls apart and Howell looks terrible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

You still need a team around him. What's their plan for offensive line? Defensive line? WR at least looks OK between Mooney and Moore.

Use the Panthers pick on o-line, who gives a poo poo about d-line if you have Caleb. Figure out how to keep him upright first, you have his entire rookie deal to deal with the rest.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'd even take a Nagy retread
Or vic fangeo.
Evening went to poo poo when he left

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Everyday the Vikings lose in the most flukey and hosed ways the more excited I get. Imagine what this team could do if we didn't invest money in old rear end Marcus Davenport, a lesser Dalvin Cook, and has a QB that doesn't fear moving outside the picket.

The only thing I want from this season is Justin Jefferson being paid, well that and to get the number 1 pick but I definitely want JJ to be resigned to big money.

Also if any QB gets hosed esp if it's Brock Purdy were definitely feeding whoever, Kirk. Not my favorite idea since I think Kirk is good as a teacher for the new guy, but we've just never drafted a good new guy.

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 25, 2023

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Imagine spending your whole adult life in football, working 70 and 80 hour weeks for 20 years, climbing the coaching tree and eventually earning/lucking into what might be your one chance at a head coaching career, the "dream job", and it's the coach of the 2022 and 2023 Chicago Bears lol

owned

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate thursday games.

I guess we'll see what both teams get back in terms of injuries. I heard the Lions were expecting Decker, Monte and Kerby back for that game, but we'll see.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really wish the Packers starters would stop getting injured. I want to see this team at full strength.

https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1706311728038866980

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GenericMartini posted:

Everyday the Vikings lose in the most flukey and hosed ways the more excited I get. Imagine what this team could do if we didn't invest money in old rear end Marcus Davenport, a lesser Dalvin Cook, and has a QB that doesn't fear moving outside the picket.

The only thing I want from this season is Justin Jefferson being paid, well that and to get the number 1 pick but I definitely want JJ to be resigned to big money.

Also if any QB gets hosed esp if it's Brock Purdy were definitely feeding whoever, Kirk. Not my favorite idea since I think Kirk is good as a teacher for the new guy, but we've just never drafted a good new guy.

I know it’s football but Marcus Davenport is 27 years old lol