Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

eat salads on the road. burger is death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerky is the best road food

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Unrolling my beef jerky towel to eat and drive safely.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cope

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TheRajGiri/status/1706074450180153348

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
lmao

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

terminal case of blue check brain

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
here's my fantasy booking scenario for wrestlemania:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am sure that the wwe will be jazzed to almost but not quite break hogan’s title run, as well as have roman lose at the rumble instead of mania, as well as put all their eggs in the basket of cm punk, a man who has been shown to be ultra dependable and reliable and has never had any issues, especially not recently

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

rotinaj posted:

I am sure that the wwe will be jazzed to almost but not quite break hogan’s title run, as well as have roman lose at the rumble instead of mania, as well as put all their eggs in the basket of cm punk, a man who has been shown to be ultra dependable and reliable and has never had any issues, especially not recently
Roman would have to hold the Universal title until September 13, 2024 to break Hogan's single-reign record, so if they're planning on doing that him dropping it at the Rumble vs. Mania doesn't really matter at all.

Everything else is really dumb though.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edge & Christian posted:

Roman would have to hold the Universal title until September 13, 2024 to break Hogan's single-reign record, so if they're planning on doing that him dropping it at the Rumble vs. Mania doesn't really matter at all.

Everything else is really dumb though.

Yeah that is the worry from some folks, that they will get to mania in 2024 and go “it’s only another few months, who will really mind” and have cody continue to not finish the story(or the rock or whoever else is set to beat roman for the belt at mania)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

little munchkin posted:

You are Adam Cole and I claim my £5

That username wasn’t even a very good disguise

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

If we really want to make sure we cement Roman as a legend, he's only held the WWE Title (as opposed to Universal) for 540 days, he should really keep the WWE title until at least April 2026. And if you've come that far, if he can just hold onto the belt until the December 2029 PLE, Roman Reigns will be unquestionably the longest reigning WWE champion of all time. And then you can just do Cornette's plan nice and clean at the Royal Rumble 2030 and Wrestlemania 46.

The Rock would be pushing 60 by then, which means he probably won't have that many big budget films lined up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If Billy Gunn can still go at 60 I don’t see why the rock can’t

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

little munchkin posted:

my forums addled brain always reads his name as gamesmasterjasper whenever I see it

shame that kofi never tried to recreate the world's highest mario jump at the rumble

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

If Billy Gunn can still go at 60 I don’t see why the rock can’t
That's a great point.

1. Billy Gunn beats Roman Reigns at the Rumble because of Rock's interference
2. Night 1: Billy Gunn vs. CM Punk for the World Title
3. Night 2: Rock vs. Roman Reigns for Tribal Chiefdom

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Edge & Christian posted:

That's a great point.

1. Billy Gunn beats Roman Reigns at the Rumble because of Rock's interference
2. Night 1: Billy Gunn vs. CM Punk for the World Title
3. Night 2: Rock vs. Roman Reigns for Tribal Chiefdom

A story twenty years in the making!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

The thing that keeps getting me about the idea is why would the Rock care about being called the Tribal Chief

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because nothing in wrestling will ever, ever again be as over as HIFF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLAAALALALALALALALLLLL so if they can get him to do that about being tribal chief then it also will be the most over thing of all time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, not to give the idea too much dignity, but there is the fact that the first of the 3 generations that the Rock represents was High Chief Peter Maivia.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tribal chief brock lesnar

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
tribal chief sheamus

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Only if he gets his cool antler crown again.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What is Cornette's take on "Better than you Bay Bay"?

Is it bad because neither performer shouts enough racial slurs? Is it bad for taking a universally despised heel and turning him into a largely beloved face? Is it bad for having cool matches and cooler skits?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He doesn't like the skits because he thought MJF was a great evil heel, still doesn't like either of their work because its not Gotch and Hackenschnidt or what the gently caress ever, but begrudgingly admits that the act is over.

I mean, he's just so out of touch now it's not even interesting his takes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
They both work for AEW so he probably thinks they should be drug into the street and shot for crimes against wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Shockingly Jim Cornette has a very one sided take on Israel/Palestine.

https://twitter.com/Hanzi83/status/1713658081366638772

Did not expect to see former Howard Stern guy Hanzi posting it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I love it when Cornette shares his political opinions. Because he's a mainstream liberal, and a great look at what that actually means, unfiltered.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Scott Halal is a really solid handle I have to say.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Scott Halal is a really solid handle I have to say.

:hmmyes:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I love it when Cornette shares his political opinions. Because he's a mainstream liberal, and a great look at what that actually means, unfiltered.

Dude also has a history of horrific islamophobia, like literally calling for the deaths of anyone that prays towards Mecca levels of it. This sort of poo poo is entirely on brand for this pillock.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jim is haram

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 19, 2023

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

Dude also has a history of horrific islamophobia, like literally calling for the deaths of anyone that prays towards Mecca levels of it. This sort of poo poo is entirely on brand for this pillock.

Jim's islamophobia chased away his first cohost IIRC.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I'll always remember his OVW post 9/11 rant with all the wrestlers around him and a young John Cena trying to look tough but visibly getting more and more uncomfortable with what was being said.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'll always remember his OVW post 9/11 rant with all the wrestlers around him and a young John Cena trying to look tough but visibly getting more and more uncomfortable with what was being said.

Compromised to a permanent degree.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
john cena knew what he signed up for when he decided to become a wrestler

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hoss Corncave posted:

John Cena had no problem doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDsVN17OPo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wearing a loving USMC shirt because he played a Marine in a movie. What a fuckin' mark.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Stolen Valor" John Cena would've been such a based gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Not a good wrestler." Shut up, John.