Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this game is gay theres no combat and all you do is talk whats so good about it *mashes buttons to skip dialog picks random choices* all these words mean nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

pog boyfriend posted:

how do you dislike the ending to disco elysium. its probably the most beautiful ending to a crpg ever made

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Cranappleberry posted:

the real number is 912

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i've seen people get very angry about disco elysiums ending it rules

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Disco Elysium is amazing, and it's a shame we're very unlikely to get a sequel.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I assume goons play disco Elysium so they can kill the cop in the computer

Does anyone have a link to the kill the cop or colonizer in your head post

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I would dis/un/enjoy that

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Not feeling the need to explore that particular libidinal economy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Lady Radia posted:

why dont any of the rich goons send me, personally, some money

because any goon who is "rich" is a loving psychopath.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

ilmucche posted:

I assume goons play disco Elysium so they can kill the cop in the computer

Does anyone have a link to the kill the cop or colonizer in your head post

you'll have to be more specific I think it's been used multiple times

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NoiseAnnoys posted:

because any goon who is "rich" is a loving psychopath.

i'm going to adjust their alphabet soup so it says "give spanish manlove $60 for xenoblade 3"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
cspam witchcraft thread went places when some people decided to aggressively defend it as real

staticman posted:

I got a witch for a mom, and thanks to DNA being a dick I got it passed down to me from birth. I gotta admit, one of my first real post-9/11 crack-pings was being in the last stages of my "Magic's not real, gently caress you mom" rebel phase while watching meme-magic literally send TUETNRO into the white house.

Message received and lesson loving learned :stonk:

staticman posted:

ftfy

Edit: :whitewater: posted this before I read the vibes warning. Real-talk tho, would it absolutely kill the good vibes and I should make a new thread for it, or can I bring up how anti-magic attitudes are literally almost without fail covers for extreme anti-native/racism and misogyny?

staticman posted:

This is gonna be some dumb gay goonrant, BUT LET'S HOP ONBOARD MY WILD RIDE ANYWAY~!:unsmigghh:

Let me get straight to the point:

Raise your hand if you've killed the cop in your head. Good. :same:
Now, raise your hand if you've killed or are killing the colonizer in your head. Many of you are asking "w-what...?", "lol are you serious?", etc. We all know about the entity called "the cop in your head", and it's death is a necessary part of unchaining oneself and others from the prison of Capitalism. There's just one problem, especially if you're pale, there's another entity implanted in you called the Colonizer. This entity's actively driving you to not just hate non-Christian faith, but to destroy it in whatever ways you can. As above, so below, just like fascists use liberal free-speech as a Trojan horse to deliver white supremacist An Orwellmaidenheirazilneworltheylivatrix's Tale, the Colonizer's favorite horse for ecocidal Christendom these days is ~skeptical atheism and loving loving science~. I don't know if you've been paying attention, but scientists are as listened to by the government as Indigenous elders.

There's a reason natives are screaming from the rooftops for y'all to listen to them, cause if you keep ignoring them, you're literally going to continue the colonial cycle, but this time forcing the "superstitious savages" to surrender their ways and adopt the immortal science. That's exactly what the colonizer in your head wants, and why you must kill him.

Not sure what else to say on this, again, sorry if this came out a dumb goon rant, just my observation :shrug:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

dude just agressively hates engaging with the game, seems to think that if a video game at all expects you to do something it is a critical flaw

Disco Elysium is flawed because I can't write people parking tickets in my job as a drug addled murder investigator

That guy only plays insanely terrible shovelware off steam. not even joking. playing a normal game is impossible for him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that guy is a chill dude but i think he lives in a steam/rpgmaker hell dimension and his views on games have changed forever as a result

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
i would take someone who plays trash games and engages with trash games all the time over someone who mashes "skip" literally every time text is shown on screen

deep dish peat moss posted:

Believe it or not people play games for all kinds of different reasons! I have not paid attention to the story in a game since the SNES Final Fantasy games because it's not the part of games I'm interested in, I am interested in the part of the game that's a game, and full of complex interactive problems to solve. If I care about the story I will read the wiki because reading is a much more natural and enjoyable way for me to enjoy a story. Get this: I also skip dialog whenever possible! I will literally just click the first option, or whatever option is colored for "use this one to unlock new things or progress the game". I will absolutely never under any circumstances listen to voice acting! Even in the extremely rare cases where I get temporarily invested in a game's story for the first 30 minutes before it wears on me I will absolutely never allow a voice actor to speak a full skippable line because it's agonizingly slow compared to reading and makes games actively un-fun for me.

I play most games with the sound off, too :ssh:

I'm not "ignoring the experience" with games like Disco Elysium or whatever - it's just an actively un-fun and grating experience to me, so I don't play it.

Unsurprisingly this plays a large part in determining which games I think are good.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 25, 2023

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

what is the "mandatory shivers check" he complained about

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That guy only plays insanely terrible shovelware off steam. not even joking. playing a normal game is impossible for him.

He's the anti-BioEnchanted.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

pentyne posted:

i would take someone who plays trash games and engages with trash games all the time over someone who mashes "skip" literally every time text is shown on screen

lmfao at this guys brain

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pentyne posted:

:kstare:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

pentyne posted:

cspam witchcraft thread went places when some people decided to aggressively defend it as real

This guy: “kill the colonizer in your head”

Also this guy:

staticman posted:

Oh for fucks... Another thing I'm sick of is when I state my views, from the bottom of my heart, everyone immediately assumes I'm trolling. This isn't trolling, they are/were literal loving poo poo. They were dancing naked around a fire while we were building an empire. I'm stating the facts. gently caress this loving Indian apologism, I'm done with it, done. They offered nothing to the world, never have, never will.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Now I understand why the guy called DE a "good adventure game" when he interacted that little with it, and probably also why his gaming style is "interact as little as possible with the game," if he's usually playing shovelware where one misclick will give your Steam account cholera

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

VostokProgram posted:

what is the "mandatory shivers check" he complained about

Very minor spoiler:
There's a skill check to find your way into a building that's basically the point of no return for the ending of the game. It's a Shivers check but you get positive modifiers for each sidequest you've done so you can pass it easily even with zero Shivers if you've engaged with the game at all

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pentyne posted:

Now that's a permaban-worthy post right there.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TUETNRO

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pentyne posted:

GBS absolutely ruins peoples brains

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

that guy also says the one piece live action is better than the anime

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I wish those people didn't exist.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

I wish those people didn't exist.

Wow was the live action that bad?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's not amazing, it's fine. It's another interpretation of the source material and it kind of drags in the middle. It's probably much better if you're already familiar with One Piece, to be fair.

It's absolutely not better than the anime. The anime is terrible at its worst but overall is pretty good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
read the manga

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

i dont know how to read. check your privilege rear end in a top hat.

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

“If I care about the story I will read the wiki because reading is a much more natural and enjoyable way for me to enjoy a story. Get this: I also skip dialog whenever possible!”

what

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bluh posted:

“If I care about the story I will read the wiki because reading is a much more natural and enjoyable way for me to enjoy a story. Get this: I also skip dialog whenever possible!”

what

he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the best way to consume media is to read the tvtropes page

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grassy Knowles posted:

Wow was the live action that bad?

i meant both the witches and the pony goon

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the best way to consume media is to read the tvtropes page

This troper has brain damage

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

I love reading! Not when it’s filthy exposition in a game though

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
One Piece might be successful enough that it totally fucks over Netflix trying to keep pace with the cost season by season.

There's no extra revenue stream to look forward to either. With Stranger Things it was at least a Netflix show so they benefitted from all the merch and assorted sales.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

“I read through the plot synopsis on the wiki, and that’s basically the game as playing the game”

The plot synopsis: ”Link defeats Ganondorf”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Maroon Hawk posted:

“I read through the plot synopsis on the wiki, and that’s basically the game as playing the game”

The plot synopsis: ”Link defeats Ganondorf”

Woah that’s a bit in the weeds, I just wanna know if the good guy wins I dont need these names