Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think this is the first time I’ve been excited to watch a Bucs game since a couple seasons ago

I didn’t really care about Brady, but I like Baker a lot and hope he continues to play well. I don’t think we win tonight but I’m also hoping it won’t be because he played badly.

This game screams back breaking turnover by Baker. If we can keep it a one score game I'll consider it a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What the hell Carolina?

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1706330819948577255?s=20

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Poor coaching to blame when everyone does it, but let me say that Daltons movement during massive crowd noise was stupid. He held them in their stance for a long time and moved around back and forth from the LoS freaking them out.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

It was loving ridiculous. Reich even said the word "pathetic" in his presser afterward since they'd practiced with a ton of noise all week to prepare.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ickey has been a procedural penalty machine this season, no idea what's up with that. Wouldn't surprise me if other teams have started keying in on it -- it definitely felt like Seattle was just feasting on him after a point.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1706424587725013461

gonna be missing davis again, which does not bode well, to me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
drat, not having Davis sucks. Funny they call up Senat and then don't even activate him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oh cool like half our defense is injured, i'm sure that won't cause problems

okay Baker, this game's all on your shoulders, may the vibes be immaculate tonight :pray:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

davis is the only starter in that bunch, the front 7's been fine as it is. secondary is gonna be more troubling

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

davis is the only starter in that bunch, the front 7's been fine as it is. secondary is gonna be more troubling

Kancey is a starter. I'm guessing he's held out until after the bye week now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm not going to count the "started and played exactly one quarter this season" technicality as him being a starter at this time

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The nfc south is back baby!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Welcome Bucs

We all float down here

because we're turds

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nothing like an embarrassing loss on prime time, baby!

Bucs/Saints is going to be a very interesting game

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

well that was no fun!

team obviously didn't look great but tbh i think the bigger issue was that the eagles are very good

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

really queer Christmas posted:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

well that was no fun!

team obviously didn't look great but tbh i think the bigger issue was that the eagles are very good

Same. Baker played well and didn't do anything dumb, INT was just late but was there a second earlier. The eagles are gonna be a problem for anyone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
well well well

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
lol did the whole division lose this weekend

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

:toot:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

As was pointed out in the gdt, whoever lost this game, their whole division also lost this week.

Of course, the nfc south had to claim that crown

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
It was a scary two weeks there with the NFCS being relevant but I’m relieved reality has reasserted itself here

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It was a scary two weeks there with the NFCS being relevant but I’m relieved reality has reasserted itself here

it reminds me of those two weeks where Fitzmagic was balling out and did the whole "we gotta stay humble" presser and then we did get humbled quite quickly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

it reminds me of those two weeks where Fitzmagic was balling out and did the whole "we gotta stay humble" presser and then we did get humbled quite quickly

Too much magic

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Panthers had the perfect opportunity to make up some ground in the division and of course did not.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RumbleFish posted:

The Panthers had the perfect opportunity to make up some ground in the division and of course did not.

Well, no one gained any ground either, we’re all standing in place for now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, no one gained any ground either, we’re all standing in place for now.

Huge early season matchup for the Saints and Bucs this week. I think this game should give us an idea what the Bucs really are. 2 wins over winless teams and a loss to an undefeated team. Saints seem like a middle ground but perhaps a downgrade with Jameis starting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

perhaps a downgrade with Jameis starting.

It's a pretty big step down. Carr hasn't lit the world on fire, but our offense just stopped without him on the field.

However, we are getting Kamara back.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RumbleFish posted:

Bright side, at least we don't have to get our hopes up of being competitive within the division.

PostNouveau posted:

It's a pretty big step down. Carr hasn't lit the world on fire, but our offense just stopped without him on the field.

However, we are getting Kamara back.

I still don't understand why you guys gave up on the run once Carr went down. I may be misremembering but it seemed like Jameis was throwing a lot there

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

Bright side, at least we don't have to get our hopes up of being competitive within the division.

I still don't understand why you guys gave up on the run once Carr went down. I may be misremembering but it seemed like Jameis was throwing a lot there

Yeah he was. In particular the very last series before the FG attempt, I would have just run Taysom 3 times. I think we ran him once for 1 yard and then 2 incompletions.

It didn't wind up mattering because we missed the FG, but if we'd made it, there would have been enough time for Green Bay to get its own FG to win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

The panthers are 0-53 in the last 53 games they've trailed in the fourth quarter.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 26, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Going to be an expensive off season.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1706690124921119040?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Can we clone him while we're at it?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Joey Freshwater posted:

Can we clone him while we're at it?

Saints would like to order several of your clones thanks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gentlemen

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/JonoBarnes/status/1452976554577997827

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Will always love Jake Delhomme.

Adbot