Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eimi posted:

Keqing is great now though and super fun. :colbert:
She's alright so far but even if I invest totally into Yaoyao and Collei I still don't have a Beidou, Kazuha, Sucrose, Zhongli, Fishl, Nahida, or anything that's supposed to make her work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I submit a third option: Japan's passion for Minase Inori is unsurpassed.

Possible. Some of the people out there that seem to think all the fervor for the character is strictly because she's a god and not because of everything else to do with the character like being a layered quirky gap moe personality and design with quality voice acting in all languages provide IMO the weirdest fourth option that I've seen. Somehow I don't think that's all there is too it so it's been really weird too see that take out there.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Eimi posted:

Keqing is great now though and super fun. :colbert:

I wouldn't know :sigh:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wouldn't know :sigh:

same shes the only standard 5* that's always eluded me

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

As someone who doesnt pay attention to actual announcements, let along spoilers, I just realised that I dont actually know; I've been assuming we get more explorable land mass this patch, right?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

SiKboy posted:

As someone who doesnt pay attention to actual announcements, let along spoilers, I just realised that I dont actually know; I've been assuming we get more explorable land mass this patch, right?
Yes.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cool, thanks.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The limited 4* hp sword should be pretty good on Furina, assuming you don't need more ER on her (fav, festering, or the new fishing sword). Now watch me pull another R5 fischl bow as I chase the hp sword/5* catalyst :cripes:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm doing wolf fang (new bp sword). Golden is her best set by far. She wants at least 34000 HP, and her passive scales to 40000. I may even hp cup her for the near future.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

On Furina's kit the part thats disappointing to me is how anti-synergistic Bond of Life is for her. She's a character who wants to see life bars move and bond of life is a mechanic that stops life bars from moving.

The other thing thats irritating is how well wriothesley+Baizhu work with her mechanics but cryo dendro is a brick.

people say 'cryo dendro is a brick' but thats not remotely true? hyperfridge is a good team, and you can do burgeon + cryo too. xingqiu/nahida/thoma/ayaka is a totally fine team for instance.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

There's just some characters that really aren't worth investing in if you don't already have a good team for them and I just fell for the trap of building a Keqing and then realizing I've got absolutely nothing but a level 20 Yaoyao or Collei to put on that team. Rolling for the Fischl is going to waste a guaranteed banner 5* and idk how much I really want Hu Tao or Nuvellette

Altho I already have a Yelan and C3 XQ and that sounds like a whole lot of damage.

Honestly, if there's one character worth wasting a guarantee on it's. . . well actually it's Xingqui, but if there's two the second one is Fischl.

Diona is also great, as are Xingqui's constructions. Might wanna consider it anyway, plus Hu Tao double hydro is, while not the funnest team, extremely strong.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I owned a hyperglycemia

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is Furina's sword looking to be really good on her?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
There's not a confirmed leak of it, but like any signature weapon I would assume it's good and still not worth rolling.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She's rumored to run alongside baizhu in any case so I would recommend not rolling no matter how good it is. It'll run alongside something usable eventually.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’m hoping Nilou’s weapon might be good on her - it spooked me a while back when I was trying to get the other on banner weapon, and I got her kind of out of spite to use it (before realizing Kuki could use it too) but having it be a decent weapon for Furina would be pretty sweet.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It should be extremely good. It gives the same volume of relevant stats as jade cutter with EM share on top of it. So it should be her second best weapon unless you have so many hp substat rolls that you're above 40k (and even then its still probably her second best weapon). HP is a much better stat on pure hp scalers than atk is on atk scalers so the usual crit > all thing doesnt apply here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just curious about what her normal combo looks like. Will it be confident, or clumsy like Layla's?

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
The sword actually did just get leaked.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Captain France posted:

Honestly, if there's one character worth wasting a guarantee on it's. . . well actually it's Xingqui, but if there's two the second one is Fischl.

Diona is also great, as are Xingqui's constructions. Might wanna consider it anyway, plus Hu Tao double hydro is, while not the funnest team, extremely strong.
I grew to really love the playstyle of feeding ultimates to buff Razor so having a Hu Tao who does that but like 30 times better would be a lot more fun but I am not at the point where I care about the latter floors of the abyss since I still have the two underground zones plus all of Sumeru to do before I even get to Fontaine & I remember really hating playing Hu Tao on the overworld

so the real question is do I value XQ, Diona, and Fichl more than I value the hydro archon? I should have enough gems to get another guarantee by the time a Nahida or Raiden re-run happens and those are two I know I'll really want and the only *rumored* character I care about by the end of Fontaine is a Cloud Retainer and that's going to be so far out it won't matter what I pull on right now (If it even happens)

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 25, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Of course Furina would have a pimp cane sword as a personal weapon

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm just curious about what her normal combo looks like. Will it be confident, or clumsy like Layla's?

It'll be both, confident slashes all up until the last attack where she falls on her face.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Apparently early theorycrafting is that Festering Desire might be better than Jade Cutter and Key on Furina, but that is subject to knowing how much energy she generates (but still, 70 cost Burst). Festering Desire also gives more Elemental Skill DMG than her personal weapon, without any conditions, and some crit. Her weapon is looking like a Yelan situation too where it's pretty nice but a lot of the time you might just run Favonius instead to keep Bursting on cooldown. She also seems like she might be the best baseline Fav Sword user anyway with innate Crit Rate, and her skill deals damage when deploying the turrets, so she might be able to pop out and crit with that and catch particles while Bursting or something.

Also rumors are her sword may be paired with Baizhu's weapon, so uh, consider your options before rolling.

SiKboy posted:

Don't forget more explorable water mass! :haw:

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Presuming the Furina kit leaks are accurate, what's shaping up to be the best team setups for her so far? Feels like her kit is different enough from XQ/Yelan to make meaningful changes to her synergy with characters those two would usually be teamed up with, but I'm a dumbo who can't see what the best results would be.

Basically I'm trying to decide if I should throw some rolls at Neuvilette or if I should save them all for the best possible chance at getting Furina, for reference my usual team is a Kuki/Nahida/XQ hyperbloom with Kazuha, with the same subbing in Zhongli for abyss with Rational on the second team.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Machado de Assis posted:

Presuming the Furina kit leaks are accurate, what's shaping up to be the best team setups for her so far? Feels like her kit is different enough from XQ/Yelan to make meaningful changes to her synergy with characters those two would usually be teamed up with, but I'm a dumbo who can't see what the best results would be.

Basically I'm trying to decide if I should throw some rolls at Neuvilette or if I should save them all for the best possible chance at getting Furina, for reference my usual team is a Kuki/Nahida/XQ hyperbloom with Kazuha, with the same subbing in Zhongli for abyss with Rational on the second team.

It will entirely depend on how fast her Hydro application is. Until we see that we don't really know.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Machado de Assis posted:

Too hard to say without more details. We don't even know how many times her skill fires. If she deals more damage than Yelan she's just a better Yelan as hard as that is to believe. It seems impossible for her application to be better than xinqiu considering how much better xingqiu's application is than every other character in the game. I suspect that some of her summons will have an aoe component which will distinguish her from the XQ/Yelan pair. In any case some kind of hyperbloom paired with xingqiu or yelan is going to be her strongest comp because that's almost every hydro's strongest comp.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
We also don't know if her posse follows you around or is static, which could be kind of irritating with a 20s CD.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I've seen that little bit of Furina's kit mentioned a few times now but never seen or read too much into and and the mental image of it is so absurd that it's never going to live up to my expectations

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tampa Bae posted:

I've seen that little bit of Furina's kit mentioned a few times now but never seen or read too much into and and the mental image of it is so absurd that it's never going to live up to my expectations

Now I just want her dancing in excitement inside her head as she delivers a powerful legal argument

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Machado de Assis posted:

Put her with Yae and Zhongli for the most optimal and lazy tower defense team

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Outside of the new Fontaine characters who specifically have max HP fluctuations built into their kits, some of the older HP fluctuating characters in Xiao and Dehya could get use out of the ult. Plus, because her skill looks like it fires automatically this means that Xiao's plunge attack spam or Dehya's ult don't need to worry about the fact that their attack types don't typically trigger coordinated attacks.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

the most important part of Furina's kit just dropped She can walk on water using just her E

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

How important do you think having English dubs is for the game? As a deaf person it doesn't really matters for me but I don't know if it's vital for you guys

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

How important do you think having English dubs is for the game?
I think very important. It's the most spoken language in the world.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

NeonPunk posted:

How important do you think having English dubs is for the game? As a deaf person it doesn't really matters for me but I don't know if it's vital for you guys

like, negative importance, it's an active detriment to the experience. installing the original Chinese voice pack was literally the first thing i did after getting through the opening cinematic

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

like, negative importance, it's an active detriment to the experience. installing the original Chinese voice pack was literally the first thing i did after getting through the opening cinematic

Same for me. The Chinese track is the best track.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

the music is the one you will truly miss, but voice and sound effects are :shrug:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

For a fully deaf player who is completely unable to hear the voiced dialogue, I'd probably aim for the boring-but-practical option of "whatever takes up the least disk space".

For everyone else, it's the "sub vs. dub" argument - depending on your preference there, either pick from the languages you don't understand or pick from the languages you do. I personally fall on the side of "dub" (which lets out most of the language options because I'm an ignorant gently caress), but I've always found the English voice acting to be competent at worst, and usually pretty decent.

And there have been plenty of occasions (Raiden Shogun's second character quest, in particular, comes to mind) where I've directly and emotionally picked up on some genuinely nice VA touches, that probably would have only been an after-the-fact intellectual understanding if they'd been in a language I didn't understand.

halokiller posted:

the music is the one you will truly miss, but voice and sound effects are :shrug:

But also yes, this. The music is almost always excellent.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I only play games in English because it's the only language I understand, simple.

Dubs aren't even bad anymore, and unfortunately genshins problem is voice direction more than voice quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I leave mine in English because the filesize is bloated enough without adding additional language packs to the mix