Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
In a twist of cruel fate, I have finally won the silicon lottery with my laptop but HP bios won't let me undervolt anything but the pcore, and thats maxed at -200mV lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the gauss weapons in starfield are extremely funny, initially 6.5mm mi was used in the automatic weapons and the magpulse shotgun but for some reason they couldn't have the magpulse shotgun use 25 rounds at a time so they decided to change the magsniper from .50 mi to 6.5mm mi and reconfigured the magstorm and magshear machine guns to use .50 mi (even though the caliber for those weapons in the models is 6.5mm) and changed the drop rates and drop amounts for 6.5mm mi and .50 mi accordingly

unfortunately they forgot to rebalance the prices to reflect this, so magstorm and magshear are stupidly expensive to fire and the magpulse/magsniper are pretty cheap, even if their ammo is rare

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

man, i really disliked 2077. did they actually make it cyberpunk? the gameplay felt like a very generic RPG shooter to me with only the thinnest coat of cyberpunk paint

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Starfield has the "old Earth hunting rifle," which is actually the VSS Vintorez, a subsonic Soviet spec ops assault rifle with a built-in suppressor (and one of my favorite video game guns ever since I found one in STALKER). Unfortunately, the scope's crosshair is just a thin, black, inverted V that's difficult to see in all the dark-as-poo poo environments, so Bethesda doesn't get any credit for putting it in the game. Two steps forward, one step back.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

smarxist posted:

I... don't know what I was expecting from the Honey Bee Inn scene but that blew my loving mind lmao

They just went balls to the wall with it, I love it.

lol i was cackling like a maniac when i saw it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

crepeface posted:

man, i really disliked 2077. did they actually make it cyberpunk? the gameplay felt like a very generic RPG shooter to me with only the thinnest coat of cyberpunk paint

Personally to me Cyberpunk 2.0 feels exactly like 1.0, warts and all, but everyone's expectations are low enough now that's it's ok to like it.

I had the game crash several times, saw several game breaking glitches that forced me to load an older save. So to me it still seems like the same game, but liked it at launch too.

Did they fix some of the game? Maybe. Did they make the game any different? Not at all.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the gauss weapons in starfield are extremely funny, initially 6.5mm mi was used in the automatic weapons and the magpulse shotgun but for some reason they couldn't have the magpulse shotgun use 25 rounds at a time so they decided to change the magsniper from .50 mi to 6.5mm mi and reconfigured the magstorm and magshear machine guns to use .50 mi (even though the caliber for those weapons in the models is 6.5mm) and changed the drop rates and drop amounts for 6.5mm mi and .50 mi accordingly

unfortunately they forgot to rebalance the prices to reflect this, so magstorm and magshear are stupidly expensive to fire and the magpulse/magsniper are pretty cheap, even if their ammo is rare

Huh. I was trying to figure that out.

Ammo generally is way too loving rare, especially considering there's a minigun plus the mag heavy weapon.

You can't buy large quantities and you can't craft it. Neat.

e: For heavy weapons, why would you ever choose the arc welder or rivet gun over the military HMGs or grenade launchers? I can't get good results with either and ammo is equally rare.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lostconfused posted:

Personally to me Cyberpunk 2.0 feels exactly like 1.0, warts and all, but everyone's expectations are low enough now that's it's ok to like it.

I had the game crash several times, saw several game breaking glitches that forced me to load an older save. So to me it still seems like the same game, but liked it at launch too.

Did they fix some of the game? Maybe. Did they make the game any different? Not at all.

yeah i played it for the first time probably about a year or two ago with minimal bugs and it was boring as poo poo.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

turn off the TV posted:

in ~the lore~ those rifles are post war ones made by the raiders, they aren't really AKs, and the ammo they have is american. the two ammo types even use the same textures with some extremely low effort photoshopping used to make the bullets look different

it's just dumb and pointless and only makes the game shittier because it's another ammo type that you cannot get outside of the DLC areas

If they had listened to fallout lore we wouldn't have gotten those snazzy power armors in fallout 4.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Just finished act 1 of Cyberpunk, or what I assume is act 1 cause I just met Johnny. The game feels like a cross between Fallout and the Eidos Deus Ex, but I wish it had leaned more heavily on the Deus Ex inspiration. The big set piece dungeons are fun to wander around in and chuck knives at people, but they could use more traversal options and more meaningful hack interactions. Meanwhile the open world stuff is terrible and I hate it. I don't want to wander around a big dumb city with bad driving and inexplicably placed stairs. I want to do more set pieces with maybe a central hub between levels. The story is already on rails, just embrace the rails and go all out tailoring the experience. Don't do an open world just to do it.

Still going to finish it though, although its fun that the starting knife I found with +200% headshot damage is still my best weapon, even compared to the unique knife I got at Konpeki

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Frosted Flake posted:

Huh. I was trying to figure that out.

Ammo generally is way too loving rare, especially considering there's a minigun plus the mag heavy weapon.

You can't buy large quantities and you can't craft it. Neat.

e: For heavy weapons, why would you ever choose the arc welder or rivet gun over the military HMGs or grenade launchers? I can't get good results with either and ammo is equally rare.

yeah the weapon-ammo system is a big loving whiff. like, really bad and stupid. i tried the minigun once because hell yeah, miniguns ftw, and it just instantly runs out of ammo and oops thats it, you got to kill 1 terrormorph with 800 rounds. 'grats.

fortunately I found out if you craft the Explosive Rounds on the Shotgun, it just one-shots entire packs even +20 levels above you. and it only uses Caseless Shells which are abundant and super cheap. it's absurd how broken explosive rounds are but hey, not complaining cuz the actual combat is pretty mediocre (as expected) and it gets combat over with in a blink of an eye (on Very Hard).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Xaris posted:

yeah the weapon-ammo system is a big loving whiff. like, really bad and stupid. i tried the minigun once because hell yeah, miniguns ftw, and it just instantly runs out of ammo and oops thats it, you got to kill 1 terrormorph with 800 rounds. 'grats.

fortunately I found out if you craft the Explosive Rounds on the Shotgun, it just one-shots entire packs even +20 levels above you. and it only uses Caseless Shells which are abundant and super cheap. it's absurd how broken explosive rounds are but hey, not complaining cuz the actual combat is pretty mediocre (as expected) and it gets combat over with in a blink of an eye (on Very Hard).
what's especially egregious is that the crafting system implies you're nano-building everything but you can't craft ammo??? fallout 76 let you craft ammo out of dumbbells and some fire hydrants!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what's especially egregious is that the crafting system implies you're nano-building everything but you can't craft ammo???
something something space geneva convention, war crimes. i guess. its funny that it launched like this though, and i think the overall system is way more broken than launch 2077 weapon balance

but to counter balance that, shooting explosive shotgun rounds is absurdly fun so the broken underbaked system balances out in the end. just use explosive shotgun and pew pew with basically infinity ammo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

it’s fun when you can actually get into a game
whats wrong with it

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
the art heist has ai generated art

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah I didn't play cp2077 at launch so I don't know what to tell you but the game not allowing you to build ammo is a rare miss.

A lot of the weapons that aren't good per se are oftentimes put in for fluff reasons. The Harpoon gun in fallout 4 was memetic but it was incredibly satisfying to use.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh man it didn't even matter that I was holding my level at 4 for the end of Taris, a dual-wielding wookie and a Jedi were enough to carry. Think of everything so far, the engine prototype final fight was the roughest. This Darth Malak guy seems like a Rude Dude

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Xaris posted:

whats wrong with it

the servers are made of butter and die every time you try to play the game. e: there’s also no offline mode

RandolphCarter has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Sep 26, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

the servers are made of butter and die every time you try to play the game

lol figures the finns cant make video games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
in the cyberpunk dlc you team up with combat hillary to exterminate the bernie bro threat

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Korean Boomhauer posted:

the art heist has ai generated art

lmao

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

20 hrs into cyberpunk and 18 of those are with a glitchy screen. im embracing it at this point.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

the servers are made of butter and die every time you try to play the game. e: there’s also no offline mode

I hope it fails and the studio goes under

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lpzie posted:

20 hrs into cyberpunk and 18 of those are with a glitchy screen. im embracing it at this point.

Same, but I started the DLC and it went away.

Not sure how to feel about it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lpzie posted:

it's kinda funny, the only way to get this bug is one innocent dialogue choice

lesson learned: don't be a dick to Johnny!

edit: use this to temp fix it until patch https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/7/3878218563602264349/

Goa Tse-tung has issued a correction as of 07:54 on Sep 26, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lmao, the beginning of DLC is just a giant multi level platform jumping maze.

Better get the jump implants and movement upgrades before you do it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Is cloud strife autistic? the greatest thread ever made, closed after 12,419 pages of furious debate

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

smarxist posted:

Is cloud strife autistic? the greatest thread ever made, closed after 12,419 pages of furious debate

he's an autistic ptsd goon and i'm tired of pretending he isnt

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Autism is when you're implanted with Jenova cells...

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Autism is when you're implanted with Jenova cells...

Vaxxed?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Cloud is just ace

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.eurogamer.net/why-does-everyone-swear-so-much-in-the-witcher-3

eurogamer tackling the hard qns other websites are afraid of

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

brutal escalation

twitter made him delete it for doxxing

https://twitter.com/N120XenoPlus/status/1706302961947942968?s=20

what's with pedophiles like pharohman777 using the same name everywhere

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
C-SCPAM > [Videojames] Making Up For The Lack of Sluts

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

oh the glitching finalyl went away . happened after the talk with johnny after the hellman quest. i fast traveled somewhere and it was gone, don't exactly recall where. maybe it'll come back :0)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I would like to play gender-swapped Xenoblade 2.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Theres a Super Paper Mario game that came out on the Wii?! what the gently caress ive never heard of this paper mario game or seen it before until i saw a video show up in my feed on the youtube.com

edit: im guessing its nowhere near as good as thousand year door if im just finding out it exists

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

not done yet but gonna preemptively just say that johnny silverhand is right.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lpzie posted:

not done yet but gonna preemptively just say that johnny silverhand is right.

see you at the fish camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Popy posted:

Theres a Super Paper Mario game that came out on the Wii?! what the gently caress ive never heard of this paper mario game or seen it before until i saw a video show up in my feed on the youtube.com

edit: im guessing its nowhere near as good as thousand year door if im just finding out it exists

Nah that was the first one where they started moving away from RPG mechanics, no game since TTYD has been close at all to the original formula