Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Foo Diddley posted:

yeah, i remember that one, it transformed into a toilet

all Teslas can serve briefly as toilets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

kazil posted:

all Teslas can serve briefly as toilets

Usually just as they're randomly catching on fire or going out of control and crashing into fire trucks.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Did the Twitter app always have a sound effect when you swipe down at the top of your feed to force a reload?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah. Used to be like a little pop sound

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

PhazonLink posted:

no even dumber.

some influencer tiktokker said men think about rome several times a min. this might have been a joke but it took off.

Yeah, so it got big on tiktok & stuff and then 5 days later it's a twitter fad and the olds grab ahold of it and run it into the ground.

You'd be surprised at how easy this stuff is to follow

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Honestly whats helped me alot is just reading the news on GBS and cutting out various political discords i was in and replacing them with either GBS or chiller discords and irl friends when i get the chance. I feel weirdly more hopeful about the future even if i have some depression about various personal poo poo.

Yeah, I largely consume any major news from here. I read headlines on sites to get a vague idea of goings-on, but the sensationalism websites rely on for clicks is exhausting to put up with. It's also easier to consume news with like-minded people- not like an echo chamber per se, but as a support mechanism to digest the difficult stuff happening.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I Greyhound posted:

Truck of the future

incredible how every single line on this seems just a little "off" and nothing seems to quite fit right. This whole car is some sort of Escher-esque nightmare

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Those are racing smudges

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Speleothing posted:

Yeah, so it got big on tiktok & stuff and then 5 days later it's a twitter fad and the olds grab ahold of it and run it into the ground.

You'd be surprised at how easy this stuff is to follow

half of the blue checks are posting rome poo poo just to bait elon into replying

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I;m thinking about thos romans

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Obam….na

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Just saw a commercial for IBM's new business AI product, which... wherever, but it's called

WatsonX

Lmao is Elon going to pick a fight with ibm now? Challenge Deep Blue to a game of polytopia maybe

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

maybealabia posted:

Just saw a commercial for IBM's new business AI product, which... wherever, but it's called

WatsonX

Lmao is Elon going to pick a fight with ibm now? Challenge Deep Blue to a game of polytopia maybe

I saw one of those too. They really emphasize the “x”. elon gonna challenge gates to a cage fight?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly yeah. its chill here and funny. it keeps the assholes and uber doomers out too which is nice.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i truly don't understand the roman fascination, i know it's a dog whistle for racists but like the last time i thought about rome would have been when i was in school like 20 years ago

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i truly don't understand the roman fascination, i know it's a dog whistle for racists but like the last time i thought about rome would have been when i was in school like 20 years ago

Rome's entirely cool in all respects, but the way it's being used by Musk is a total Chud move. Intentionally.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Rome's entirely cool in all respects, but the way it's being used by Musk is a total Chud move. Intentionally.

Maybe not ALL respects

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bad Purchase posted:

So few understand this.

Yeah a lot of people don't know about the soap made from the rendered fat of 1000 children that they were going to use to kill Lazarus. They gotta have some patsy do it so it's not directly tied to the nazis or directly linked to any of their poo poo.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Non Compos Mentis posted:

"Back in those days, might made right! The good old days. Obviously I would be one of the mighty and not one of the oppressed in such an age. I know this because of how good I am at video games. I can't stop thinking about how amazing my life would be as one of the powerful imperialists unbeholden to anyone but themselves! I would say things and people would have to listen to me, or I'd simply order their deaths! Also, no one would ever be allowed to disagree with me!"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I Greyhound posted:

Truck of the future

I think you should restart your game I think the renderer bugged out

edit: Rome is an extremely fascinating, long and extremely influential period of history. It's just fun to think about sometimes.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Sankis posted:

I think you should restart your game I think the renderer bugged out

edit: Rome is an extremely fascinating, long and extremely influential period of history. It's just fun to think about sometimes.

Yeah it's like trying to run a city on a bricked computer that can't tell the loving difference between lead and silver so everybody dies from the plumbing and you can't build a goddamn thing over one story and everyone's feet stink.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I Greyhound posted:

Truck of the future

lol everything about it is just so lovely

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://twitter.com/mrtoodamnchris/status/1705051154340552828

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1705361613803376656?s=20

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I challenged Putin to a physical fight

-a very serious man

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

maybealabia posted:

I challenged Putin to a physical fight

-a very serious man

He sounds so much like Trump. He didn't just challenge Putin. He challenged him to a physical fight like a real tough guy would.

Add in the brain rot Trump has and he'd probably be talking about having the biggliest company ever or whatever.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:

He is so loving pathetic.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
In history nerd circles there are 2 topics that scream fascism cosplay: The Roman Empire and WWII.

Mind you, there's no problem with either topic. It's just that both are so huge in scope that professing wholesale interest is usually a sign that the person likes "certain" idealized portrayals. It's always authoritarianism.

The "you ever just think of the Roman Empire" meme has been around for sooooo long and until somewhat recently it was easily shut down by an engaged community of history nerds. But a little while back, circa 2008 for some reason, the voices of the history nerds were crowded out by other, louder voices who chimed in very quickly about how the white, patriarchal, masculine Rome was a model of the ideal. Oh and also the Norse! No wait also the Greeks. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ baby! If only Rommel killed Hitler it would have been a gentleman's war.

It's just recently gone mainstream and I am loving TERRIFIED about how easy it is for people to go from "wasn't Rome neat?" to "Charlemagne personally carried on the traditions of the western world through the Dark Ages" to "Hitler only wanted a return to strength for Europe."

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

If it was me I would have killed Lazarus with a left handed titanium rail gun *gun fingers* and shoved the null pointer soap down the throat of his assassin and watch him die slow from antibiotic resistant infection as his own saliva dissolves the soap and then made his nazi buddies go berserk on the first cops they see until they aerobically exhaust themselves to death. You know, do it clean.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I provided massive support* to Ukraine!

*except when it came to actions i decided would be an act of war in the war they're fighting

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

I Greyhound posted:

Truck of the future

Steadiman posted:

incredible how every single line on this seems just a little "off" and nothing seems to quite fit right. This whole car is some sort of Escher-esque nightmare

To be fair, the Nintendo 64's graphics chip is notoriously difficult to program.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

it’s actually pronounced “wome”

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly, I just don't give a poo poo anymore. My job sucks but pays well enough in a crappy rural area that i can't quit. going into weird art communities and friends is a chill escape then frying my brain out on political forums like i used too. I am posting on dying forum while waiting for calls from people worse or better off then me to get Medicaid or snap and then i will do the same 3 calls for 40 hours a week. I know hell, i am fine with posting my weird poo poo sometimes. I probably have depression but i have kinda moved past into some weird indifference. worst that happens hear is people laugh at it, which was kinda the point. also here is the finished thing.

wont people just use discord.

don't let people give you poo poo for commissioning bizarre things from artists

also my partner does sculpting so thanks for supporting artists

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cybertruck looks woke as gently caress!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/PaulHook_em/status/1706380024993996935?t=6RWyMkuLEOAHaapPngU9VA&s=19

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

yes, radical leftist community builders are coming for your small farms

they WILL be watered AND fertilized and you WILL be educated on the ease and utility of keeping a couple little backyard chickens and maybe you'll start a COMPOSTER because CHRISTMAS and the holidays are around the corner and that's a GREAT time to start building a decent PILE of RICH LOAM

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 26, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i love how so many of the dumbest mofos think their themepark version of farming or rome is the oneweirdtrickTM to make the deep hurting stop.

yeah dude, farmer wives and family had nice flowery wind flowing white robes and smiled as they planted the food for their very survival.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

nobody hates children like the radical left, who want to make sure that schools have free lunch programs and expanded teaching staffing and adequate school supplies and medical care for kids and assistance for struggling families.

Parental paid time off, liveable wages, family planning rights, crisis resources, reduced gun violence in schools,

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I Greyhound posted:

Truck of the future

It's the rough draft I did on my CO2 car in Scouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

even 200 years the normal thing was to live in a city and work a factory or desk job, not this frontier fantasy feudalism.