Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His last name most likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Dak throwing the dagger at that point was just the exclamation mark on a game that was already thrown away

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Someone posted this in another thread, and I needed to share it with all of the rest of the fans of Antonio Ramiro Romo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao at the x axis

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Dak suffers from "i am going to will this play into a touchdown" and just force a bad throw into hilarious coverage. When he is ahead, he doesn't have to will anything into existence. No qb alive is completing that pass as chosen.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

The Bananana posted:

Blarzgh, what are the numbers to help me understand why's Dak thought Kyzir White was a Dallas Cowboy?

he may have thought that guy was just a letter in the endzone paint

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, the first two opponents didn’t have an opportunity to pound it on the ground, so the run D didn’t get exposed.

Yesterday it was, and unless Quinn can do some kind of crazy scheming magicks, the run D is 💩

And in at least the last games the O has struggled inside the red zone.

Bland, the replacement for Diggs, showed some promise last season and I think he will improve.

But the loss of Diggs is still going to hurt them, and while I was happy when they got Gilmore, there were times yesterday when he just did not appear fast/agile enough to handle his matchups.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cowboys are 40% on red zone TD %, 27th worst in the league this year. We were 67% 2021-2022, #1

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hello i just want this on this page too :getin:

feel free to quote this thruout the season as needed so everyone can see it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What are you on red zone INTs

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What’s really amazing about that screenshot is that all five OL are managing to keep their blocks, he wasn’t under pressure.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

What are you on red zone INTs

idk, a thing I looked at said Dak threw 2 last year and 1 the year prior but I don't have the good stats, I was basically referencing some stats from Bob Sturm earlier

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

beep by grandpa posted:

I just cannot wrap my loving head around this chain of events

:psyduck:

Is Dak color blind

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

beep by grandpa posted:

I just cannot wrap my loving head around this chain of events

Hang it in the loving Louvre. DakPrescott.JPG

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrMojok posted:

I don’t think the point of blarzgh’s post was to show how well they moved the ball.

I think it was to show that yeah, you can roll up a lot yards in offense and first downs, and hold the ball a long time, but when you have endless false/start holding penalties and cannot advance the ball in the red zone, you lose.

Football stats are someone going through an entire lab process to figure out water is wet

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
it’s easy, as long as the bucs fumble 4 times, Eagles should barely win the game. Bing bong simple

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That td throw was loving beautiful

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

So Hurts prob has covid, nice

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is that 3 for 3 vulture rushing TDs for Hurts so far this year?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can't even score 70 points this team is a JOKE

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Don't care what the score was, what were the offensive stats?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Can't even score 70 points this team is a JOKE

Just sell the team, demolish the linc, execute the front desk

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Never in doubt.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That win was scorigami too 😵‍💫

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is not the GDT.

Go Birds good win.

gently caress the Cowboys.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

This is not the GDT.

Who gives a gently caress :justpost: about football

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
imagine losing in week three

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Go birds

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost
I stand corrected.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I can't loving believe Dak let me down like this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

indigi posted:

if only there was another, better NFC East team you could follow!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

indigi posted:

I can.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sorry cowboys, giants and commanders fans but if the eagles didn't win tonight then our division would've been 0-4. ty eagles for getting a win ⭐

indigi posted:

First time watching him?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

Football stats are someone going through an entire lab process to figure out water is wet

This is unironically my new favorite description about stats and I'm going to use it to piss off every Stat nerd I follow

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Good morning, fans of undefeated football teams and only fans of undefeated football teams!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Febreeze posted:

This is unironically my new favorite description about stats and I'm going to use it to piss off every Stat nerd I follow

I’ve spent about a year working on a paper that just got submitted to it’s first conference. In it I show that the good ol boy system exists and that having local connections is key to staying out of jail when you cook your financial books as a CEO.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Blarzgh, what are the numbers to help me understand why's Dak thought Kyzir White was a Dallas Cowboy?

The numbers?

Real Answer?

Bad call into the defense, plus a forced throw late in a game that was already lost, after 2 negative running plays.

The play call sends two stacked receivers right (3 &4) and the TE into the seam(2) on a comeback route.

To me it looks like the Stack Right and TE comeback are designed to have dak read the Weak Safety. If the KEY turns to help on 3/4 (which he did) then the play is to the corner crossing route (READ).

I assume that if the KEY collapses on the READ, then you throw to 3, then check down to 1, then whatever.

What it looks like to me us that 7 (The arrow) was expected to carry pollard into the flat - here you can see him turning in which is probably the other read on the play, but for whatever reason read the play like a book and bailed on his assignment.

If you watch, Dak carries him with his eyes for a half-beat, and as soon as Dak turns back to try and make the play across the middle, he whip-turns and beelines back for the seam route, jumps, grabs it, game over. If he doesn't bail out and turn back, its a TD.

I think 7 figured out the call, and made a fantastic play.

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 26, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Or Dak is just not good

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

Or Dak is just not good

Hm yes no good quarterback has ever thrown a desperation pick when the game was out of hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Even if White isn't there, there's still two Cardinals who are in front of ball before it gets to the receiver. They might not intercept it quite as easily but it isn't a TD most likely. It was just a really bad throw.