Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

kazil posted:

He's going full anti-vaxx

Is the 4 people part in red supposed to be damning?

Placebo != vaccine

vvv: science gets more accurate data as more information is gathered? Virii are subject to evolution?! What madness is this?!!

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sentient Data posted:

Is the 4 people part in red supposed to be damning?

Placebo != vaccine

it's a video showing highlighted numbers going from 100% effective downward

It's incredibly stupid

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

"I got original Covid (mild cold symptoms)...." Okay, good for you. Meanwhile, we had 1 million deaths in this country that we know of.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
since he put the line "it's not like i don't believe in vaccines--i do" in his antivax screed, i suppose his politics will remain inscrutable for another day

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
All these women are lying, right Elon?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66918331

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Tesla is OCP, and the Cybertruck is its ED-209. We can argue amongst ourselves which of the cars is the 6000 SUX, I guess.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

So excited to meet you, finally, yes it is me in the flesh, I am Musk. But you can call me Elon... have you had protected sex recently? Recoil not, I've a point! The population, ma'am, have you been paying attention to it? Well, if you had, you'd tear the accursed rubber off any dick that'd penetrate you, erm, technically speaking. Wow, Hungary, beautiful country. Famous for its Ketamine right? No...? I could have sworn... say, your people haven't been jabbed, have they...?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hasturtium posted:

Tesla is OCP, and the Cybertruck is its ED-209. We can argue amongst ourselves which of the cars is the 6000 SUX, I guess.

They all do :ssh:

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The guy who fires people at a moment's notice, for not being sycophantic enough, for not meeting his bullshit metrics, for doing jobs Elon doesn't understand, or for simply not looking busy enough when Elon walks by; says he would go to jail to protect his employees' right not to get vaccinations.

Elon would gladly hand every employee he has over to a lifetime of torture to avoid spending a day in prison. He obviously doesn't see his employees as people.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Rebel Blob posted:

The guy who fires people at a moment's notice, for not being sycophantic enough, for not meeting his bullshit metrics, for doing jobs Elon doesn't understand, or for simply not looking busy enough when Elon walks by; says he would go to jail to protect his employees' right not to get vaccinations.

Elon would gladly hand every employee he has over to a lifetime of torture to avoid spending a day in prison. He obviously doesn't see his employees as people.

hell, same

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

explosivo posted:

Getting a single dent or scratch on that thing is going to look so much worse than if it was a normal car. Go look at a stainless steel fridge and see how many bumps and scrapes and smudges you can see. This thing is legitimately the Homer car in that one stupid person was allowed to design it and it is hideously ugly and impractical.

Not even scratches but every. single. person. I've known that has ever had a stainless steel fridge said never again

They always look like poo poo from water and handprints and smudges and they're indoors

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kazil posted:

Lol my wife has been an ER nurse for 6 years and she is convinced that this year the health system is gonna collapse. She works at a top ten ER in the entire country and already the past week they have had such bad overcrowding that a patient with a blood pressure of 70/40 had to wait 5 hours to be seen and an actual dead guy was in a wheelchair at the front desk for over 20 minutes. They always have a greater nurse at the front desk but there was a code and she had to leave and EMS literally dropped a dead person off and left him by the desk. Nurse got back from the code and realized what happened.

Again this is a hospital ranked top ten in the nation and it's not even October yet so yeah maybe Elon should shut the gently caress up about vaccines

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Prettz posted:

Being a grown adult who watches Dreamworks Animation movies is honestly worse than meeting with fascist dictators

Lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

It's actually quite interesting that Elon thinks the cybertruck is futuristic. Most utopian visions of the future would use curves and light neutral tones to make things look soft and appealing; think federation ships from star trek, or as a practical example think back to the imac as a consumer good that was supposed to look futuristic.

Elon would probably say that the cybertruck is supposed to look utilitarian. "Who cares how it makes people feel, it's the function that counts". Setting aside whether sharp angles are actually aerodynamic or not, for anyone who isn't interested in pretending to be a robot it's an intensely dystopian vision of the future where peoples' happiness is sacrificed for efficiency.

no, elon saw trucks in cyberpunk 2077 and because he is a literal moron with no reading comprehension or media literiacy skills, he thinks that cyberpunk 2077 IS utopian.

kazil posted:

everyday on this thread, i realize that johnny silverhand is 100% correct in his own broke brained way.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Bruceski posted:

On the blinker topic, yesterday I was behind some car whose turn signal was going at 3-4x usual speed and I didn't even parse it as a turn signal. Thought it was an emergency flasher like on guide cars for oversized loads and was trying to figure out why it was only on one side and what it was warning. Then they turned and I put the pieces together. Don't try to be "stylish" with things that were standardized for a reason!

Just had to gripe about that somewhere.

On many car models if you see the rear blinker doing that, it’s an indication to the driver (and other drivers) that the front blinker on that side is not working. The blink indicator sound inside the car is also sped up. Had it happen on my Kia work vehicle a few times when the front passenger side blinker bulb kept losing connection.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol my wife has been an ER nurse for 6 years and she is convinced that this year the health system is gonna collapse. She works at a top ten ER in the entire country and already the past week they have had such bad overcrowding that a patient with a blood pressure of 70/40 had to wait 5 hours to be seen and an actual dead guy was in a wheelchair at the front desk for over 20 minutes. They always have a greater nurse at the front desk but there was a code and she had to leave and EMS literally dropped a dead person off and left him by the desk. Nurse got back from the code and realized what happened.

Again this is a hospital ranked top ten in the nation and it's not even October yet so yeah maybe Elon should shut the gently caress up about vaccines

On the plus side, there hasn’t been an unprecedented number of people leaving medical jobs for the past 3 years or anything, so I don’t see why a repeat of 2020 would be bad

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

rotinaj posted:

On the plus side, there hasn’t been an unprecedented number of people leaving medical jobs for the past 3 years or anything, so I don’t see why a repeat of 2020 would be bad

The statistic is around 70 percent of all critical care nurses have less than two years experience if you want to really start panicking

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

cant cook creole bream posted:

Quick question: How much do you guys actually engage with Twitter nowadays? My only contact is seeing tweets embedded in SA posts. I used to look up tweets of people or companies I would be sort of interested in, but at some point Musk made the ridiculously useless change to order tweets by popularity, rather than chronologically. Ever since then that site seems completely useless to me.

Honestly outside of here never. The whole thing is login-walled now so it's not like you can even click on something that gets posted here to read the comments.

Big props for Elon continuing to wreck his $44 billion purchase regularly loo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fumble posted:

Im just not seeing "the expression".

artists couldnt do it. apperently she needed an expression from pony art and i couldnt find one after 2 hours so we went with utterly broken instead.

can't wait for elmo to just tripple down.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

The statistic is around 70 percent of all critical care nurses have less than two years experience if you want to really start panicking

Lots of people are graduating from med school and becoming nurses, huh

Sounds great, they are building that workforce

I am sure that means that the medical industry has some fantastic pay scales and benefits, in order to reward these new grads and hard workers, right

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Elon will fight for your right to not get vaccinated, and his right to fire you for missing work due to illness by not getting vaccinated

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Quick question: How much do you guys actually engage with Twitter nowadays? My only contact is seeing tweets embedded in SA posts. I used to look up tweets of people or companies I would be sort of interested in, but at some point Musk made the ridiculously useless change to order tweets by popularity, rather than chronologically. Ever since then that site seems completely useless to me.

more then id like, most of it is shitposting with politics or various nerd poo poo but i have kinda moved onto discord or instagram

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

At first I thought it would be tough to wean myself off of it but it's been three weeks and I haven't posted once.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

B-Rock452 posted:

I mean, in terms of triage I'd put a dead guy pretty low on the priority list.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Deleted my account last December. Haven't looked back, and just view tweets on here or whenever my friends share one. Zero desire to go back to it or use another Twitter like service.

Hell the only social media account I still have is an Instagram account, and I'm debating just dumping that as well.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
deleted my twitter awhile ago and havent regretted the decision. it sucked and sucks to miss out on the little art subcommunities littered about but deleting got me to start work on my website and i certainly dont regret that

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Bruceski posted:

Only if you phrase it like that. Here, "if my patient stays at their current heart rate [of 0bpm], they'll be DEAD in under 8 minutes!!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Deleted my account last December. Haven't looked back, and just view tweets on here or whenever my friends share one. Zero desire to go back to it or use another Twitter like service.

Hell the only social media account I still have is an Instagram account, and I'm debating just dumping that as well.

Same except my only account is LinkedIn just for job networking (I never post there)

Going cold turkey with Twitter was hard for a couple days but then it’s done with and you don’t even feel the urge anymore.

No interest in going back to that kind of thing with bluesky or mastodon or any of those. It was fun at the time, that time is passed.

Facebook I deleted after 2016 or possibly even earlier. I do sometimes have an urge to look up old school chums but that passes pretty fast usually.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Bruceski posted:

They don't actually know if he was triaged is the fun part. EMS swears a triage nurse looked at him and triage swears the guy was never there. And despite the fact that there have been multiple assaults on nurses recently there are no security cameras back in triage so they can't actually look at footage

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Assaulting a nurse should be you immediately get hit with a tranq dart and then treated at the end of the queue. gently caress’s sake.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

lmao, I just tried reporting some nazi and I realized that Elmo quietly removed restrictions on stuff that was explicitly bannable on Twitter, namely anti-trans slurs and misgendering, and medical misinformation

That fact that anybody sees this shithead as anything but a rich bigoted clown is absolutely bonkers

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

priznat posted:

Same except my only account is LinkedIn just for job networking (I never post there)

lol I completely forgot about LinkedIn. I don't even count it because I only use it for job searches/getting past HR screens.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

priznat posted:

Assaulting a nurse should be you immediately get hit with a tranq dart and then treated at the end of the queue. gently caress’s sake.

https://i.imgur.com/N1ITYIh.mp4

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Hazo posted:

lmao, I just tried reporting some nazi and I realized that Elmo quietly removed restrictions on stuff that was explicitly bannable on Twitter, namely anti-trans slurs and misgendering, and medical misinformation

That fact that anybody sees this shithead as anything but a rich bigoted clown is absolutely bonkers

It's funny because Twitter definitely has the tools to actually moderate still, they just barely use it. I just instantly ate a 12'er for telling Stephen Miller to... show himself out.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

priznat posted:

Lollll I could make an entire thread about assaults at just my wife's hospital. One nurse got her jaw broken by a guy on PCP last year, DAs office called her to see if she would drop the charges so the guy wouldn't lose his job at the airport. Another nurse was assaulted in January, guy then left the ER and stood outside glaring at her. Philly police wouldn't arrest cause it was on hospital property and UPenn police wouldn't arrest him cause he was on city property. Another nurse got strangled by a guy who was angry that his unvaccinated wife with no mask wasn't allowed in the oncology department

It's nonstop especially with COVID. The amount of nurses who got hit just for telling someone to put a mask on is insane.

Oh also forgot someone got a gun through the metal detector, fought like 3 nurses and then bit the ear off a guard. Another nurse had to handcuff the guy cause the other security officer there said he couldn't touch the guy. Management ordered pizza for the unit to make everyone feel better.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 26, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

graynull posted:

It's funny because Twitter definitely has the tools to actually moderate still, they just barely use it. I just instantly ate a 12'er for telling Stephen Miller to... show himself out.

you're a tool to moderate

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

B-Rock452 posted:

Lollll I could make an entire thread about assaults at just my wife's hospital. One nurse got her jaw broken by a guy on PCP last year, DAs office called her to see if she would drop the charges so the guy wouldn't lose his job at the airport. Another nurse was assaulted in January, guy then left the ER and stood outside glaring at her. Philly police wouldn't arrest cause it was on hospital property and UPenn police wouldn't arrest him cause he was on city property. Another nurse got strangled by a guy who was angry that his unvaccinated wife with no mask wasn't allowed in the oncology department

It's nonstop especially with COVID. The amount of nurses who got hit just for telling someone to put a mask on is insane.

Oh also forgot someone got a gun through the metal detector, fought like 3 nurses and then bit the ear off a guard. Another nurse had to handcuff the guy cause the other security officer there said he couldn't touch the guy. Management ordered pizza for the unit to make everyone feel better.

What in the actual gently caress

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What kind of pizza?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah nurses and other health care workers have been doxxed and harassed here even outside of the hospital because chuds are the worst humans to ever live.

And yet many demand the vaccine while ventilated but then it's too late :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We’re at the point where medical professionals are just abandoning some states entirely.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was happening to other jobs like teachers as well.