Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Chase is definitely going to become Lockdown, because I think that's in a leaked listing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Ah, I see.

Unrelated, what colour should the middle of this be? I couldn't find any pictures of a beetle with the spare tyre on and I don't know whether it's just the tyre or an entire wheel.

Your best bet is black.

No car carrying a spare tire ever carries just the tire without it being mounted on the wheel, because mounting tires is an enormous pain in the rear end that you just can't do at the side of the road.
(this is your opportunity to pull out some weirdo edge case I've never heard of to prove me wrong.)

You can see Bee's got hubcaps on the rest of the wheels, but if you're changing a tire, you just swap the hubcap over. The steel wheel underneath the hubcap is usually black, or rarely silver or some other color.

VW Beetles usually carried their spares in the trunk up front! It was used as a pressure reservoir for spraying wiper fluid, in lieu of a pump. Bumblebee is weird for sticking a spare on the engine cover.

Phy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 23, 2023

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Phy posted:

I skipped Dragon Megatron but gently caress yeah I'll get a new Tigerhawk. Maybe this time I won't crash my bicycle taking him home from the Sears outlet.
Was Tigerhawk okay? :ohdear:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not only was he ok, he's the one that crashed me:

Phy posted:

Tigerhawk gave me a busted lip once

I bought him from the Sears catalogue, and after I picked him up from the depot in the little indoor mall near our house (gently caress I'm old), the bag I was carrying him in swung between the front tire of my bike and the frame, wedging the tire sideways and sending me over the bars into a parked car

That motherfucker meant business from day one

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Phy posted:

Your best bet is black.

No car carrying a spare tire ever carries just the tire without it being mounted on the wheel, because mounting tires is an enormous pain in the rear end that you just can't do at the side of the road.
(this is your opportunity to pull out some weirdo edge case I've never heard of to prove me wrong.)

You can see Bee's got hubcaps on the rest of the wheels, but if you're changing a tire, you just swap the hubcap over. The steel wheel underneath the hubcap is usually black, or rarely silver or some other color.

VW Beetles usually carried their spares in the trunk up front! It was used as a pressure reservoir for spraying wiper fluid, in lieu of a pump. Bumblebee is weird for sticking a spare on the engine cover.

Doing it all over in the same black would look bad, I think. Maybe dark grey or silver would be my best bet then.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, color matching to the hubcaps on the wheels will probably look the least out of place.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm surprised the rock guys turn into vehicles, but I don't know what I was expecting. It's probably a good idea they didn't make them total Rock Lord homages that turn into nondescript rocks, since that already killed a robot toy line once.

Chase looks way better than a Rescue Bots carryover has any right to, I was suspecting something more in line with the recently revealed Animated style. The only thing I'm not crazy about are the big things sticking out of the door in vehicle mode, but it looks like they might be removable? I'm looking forward to whoever he gets remolded into.

Nodosaur posted:

Known reputed leaker has confirmed Tidal Wave is the Titan and Magmatron is the commander.

Guess I gotta eat crow on this one. Wonder how the hell his combination with Megatron is gonna work.
The leaker post on TFW says parts of Tidal Wave will come off to combine with Megatron/the Galvatron repaint supposed to be released at the same time. That seems like a good compromise, the idea of a character that's supposed to be giant combining with a fairly average-sized bot like Megs works in animation where you can fudge sizes, but not so much in toys.

Titan Tidal Wave should look good with the core Energon Megs they're releasing.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Knormal posted:

The only thing I'm not crazy about are the big things sticking out of the door in vehicle mode, but it looks like they might be removable?
Yeah, they mentioned during the stream that those can be used as handheld weapons, so definitely removable.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Chase's arm thingies are definitely removable, one of the pics on BBTS has them removed from the door.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

These rock characters are apparently from an alternate Inhumanoids universe, where the bad guys won.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i like the rock car

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Rock Lords... rock, actually.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I chromed out Kickback and Shrapnel. I haven’t seen Shrapnel at all in stores but I managed to snag him from Amazon.jp for retail. I wasn’t able to knock the pegs out of Kickback no matter how hard I tried, but the way his arms work, I could get to all of the wings without missing anything. Shrapnel just had five little screws in the back to take out and then his torso popped in half. Easy peasy. I’m really happy with how Kickback looks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dang that's some nice chrome

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Some good bots arrived today. Bombshell should be here tomorrow too.

Be careful when you get your Magnus. The head antenna are in the accessory package, I almost lost one to the carpet when i opened it.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 23, 2023

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Some good bots arrived today. Bombshell should be here tomorrow too.

Be careful when you get your Magnus. The head antenna are in the accessory package, I almost lost one to the carpet when i opened it.

My Bombshell arrived yesterday and it is incredibly satisfying having the complete set of black/purple insecticons.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

My Bombshell arrived yesterday and it is incredibly satisfying having the complete set of black/purple insecticons.

Looks like amazon is going to amazon and fail to deliver my bug man today. Oh well.

I am organizing my bots, trying to get all the SS86 guys all in the same place. I can't find Jazz. He's the last one. Where the gently caress is he?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

I am organizing my bots, trying to get all the SS86 guys all in the same place. I can't find Jazz. He's the last one. Where the gently caress is he?
He's keeping with the 86 canon, he's just offscreen and/or in the background, since his voice actor died and he can't do anything anymore.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pau2olEbnc

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sure is nice to have the boys back together after all these years.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

quote =\= edit

Ok why can't we have a new G1 show? This animation is great.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Because "a new G1 show" would be a level of creative stagnation beyond even the creative stagnation of the six "new G1 shows" of the past decade.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Joe Fisto posted:

quote =\= edit

Because you'd end up with more crap like the Machinima disaster or the Netflix snoozefest. Indiana, let it go.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

quote =\= edit

The cooks currently in the kitchen are... business persons, not creatives.

I could do a better job of it but nobody asked me nor are they likely to as I have not performed the requisite sacrifices to Mammon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The cooks currently in the kitchen are... business persons, not creatives.

I could do a better job of it but nobody asked me nor are they likely to as I have not performed the requisite sacrifices to Mammon.

I’m asking you! Now get on those sacrifices!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think you can dive too much into reviving the old G1style without hitting a lot of limits (there's a reason why the 80s cartoon visual styles died out in favor of more emotionally expressive designs), and even if you start throwing in G1-ified versions of newer characters, things can quickly go stale from just following the same old structural beats all over again, and it'll be especially stale compared to the original cartoon which was pretty wild and crazy and random.

I would sure like to see another videogame in this style like Transformers: Devastation, and maybe they could even put in more of a plot and not have the game get delisted.

By the way, if you haven't seen Daicon 3 and 4, go give those a look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQjruwkyOaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDN68LxWW-8

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
TF thrives when G1 is a reference point not the focus. Let people tell stories using the archetypes, don't make them relitigate the 80s or you get the Netflix show which was so ponderous as to be a waste of time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
IDW’s MTMTE would be a fun jumping off point for a show. It doesn’t have to be set on earth, feature the war, etc.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

IDW’s MTMTE would be a fun jumping off point for a show. It doesn’t have to be set on earth, feature the war, etc.

Hasbro already decided they didn't like that...

Xenomrph posted:

I’m asking you! Now get on those sacrifices!

I'm kinda attached to my firstborn at this point.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

they should do a new show that starts with all the post-g1 characters drinking water out of a toilet and talking about how much they love drinking from toilets

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Haha what do you think Soundwave's cassettes smell like when they've been ejected haha just wondering

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It could be that the new shows just aren’t for me. Last one I enjoyed was Animated. It’s ok, the toys are still cool.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Joe Fisto posted:

It could be that the new shows just aren’t for me. Last one I enjoyed was Animated. It’s ok, the toys are still cool.
Animated stopped airing in 2009. You haven't enjoyed anything since three years before I got back into the fandom.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

i'm honest with myself that my enjoyment of transformers is pretty much just g1 nostalgia from when i was a kid. haven't watched any of the new shows, read any of the new comics, studied any of the new continuities, blah blah blah. if people enjoy those? awesome, that's great. but i just want to kick back and make jokes about the car wash of doom

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Arquinsiel posted:

Animated stopped airing in 2009. You haven't enjoyed anything since three years before I got back into the fandom.

I am old.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
MTMTE has absolutely shaped animated Transformers in a huge way. Season 3 of Cyberverse and the entirety of Earthspark are predicted on a post-war setting, including a heroic Megatron and characters designed by Nick Roche. As much as I'd love a Last Stand of the Wreckers OVA.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

very risky blowjob posted:

i'm honest with myself that my enjoyment of transformers is pretty much just g1 nostalgia from when i was a kid. haven't watched any of the new shows, read any of the new comics, studied any of the new continuities, blah blah blah. if people enjoy those? awesome, that's great. but i just want to kick back and make jokes about the car wash of doom

I'm in the same boat. Been trying to think of how to phrase it.

For me, part of what's great about Hastak delving so deeply and so competently into the back catalogue of G1 doods over the course of the last decade is that I feel, like, sated, in terms of buying little plastic men with guns. I've got a handful of jamokes on order but there's really nothing more I can think of in the pipeline that I truly, genuinely, want. Certainly nobody who's gonna give me the cost to satisfaction ratio of a Kingdom Rodimus. So now I'm mainly here to shitpoat about robot people from outer space with you, the something awful transformers thread posters.

Y'all may, of course, differ significantly on that. But I hope you get here nonetheless.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Has anyone seen Bombshell at retail or should I just give up for a while

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Has anyone seen Bombshell at retail or should I just give up for a while

finding anything at retail nowadays is profoundly annoying tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Because you'd end up with more crap like the Machinima disaster or the Netflix snoozefest. Indiana, let it go.

I think it could be done well you just can’t have hacks like rooster teeth doing the work, and you certainly don’t hire them again after they already hosed up once.

Edit: should be noted that I consider a lot of poo poo some people consider “not geewun” G1 adjacent. Prime, bumblebee cyberverse, the second RiD, hell even earthspark for the most part track toward evergreen designs with a few exceptions here and there and I’d consider them as G1 as any garbage rooster teeth put together.

And I enjoyed all of them for what they were.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 26, 2023