Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DNP- Manic Pixie Dream Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fast Luck posted:

their roster has Booker and Durant on it so it's pretty good. It's fine to have Booker bring up the ball imo. Beal can handle it some too. They do need some depth and defense, a low usage all def guy like Thybulle would've been a great wing for them.

Yeah, I they'll be fine in terms of handling. They have some depth issues, but I think depth is maybe overrated. Health is a bigger concern I think, overall.

All that said, if things click they will be a scary team. Next season even more so (again, health holding)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

their roster has Booker and Durant on it so it's pretty good. It's fine to have Booker bring up the ball imo. Beal can handle it some too. They do need some depth and defense, a low usage all def guy like Thybulle would've been a great wing for them.

Is that a sneaky ayton for thybulle suggestion. No thank you

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Yeah, I they'll be fine in terms of handling. They have some depth issues, but I think depth is maybe overrated. Health is a bigger concern I think, overall.

All that said, if things click they will be a scary team. Next season even more so (again, health holding)

Depth is a tad overrated but KD was loving gassed in the playoffs

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

eat poo poo miami

The Blazers are leaking so much bullshit around the league lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
You really want KD to play like 32 minutes a game, giannis style, to save him for the playoffs

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Panzeh posted:

Herro's basically a negative asset with his current salary which is why Miami just hasn't been able to find takers to be a third team to facilitate the Dame trade.

There are reportedly multiple teams interested in Herro for a first round pick including the Jazz. Miami could get rid of him pretty easily if all they wanted was a salary dump. I think this boils down to Portland being super petty and just refusing to negotiate with Miami at any level.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Giannis gonna get another ring this year I can feel it in my bones

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Herro is not a negative asset lmao.

He's just not useful in this particular trade specifically for Dame, because none of the teams that have anything that Portland would be interested in who would be movable need a player like Herro.

It largely comes down to a team like the raptors being able to effortlessly beat Miami's offer. As far as poo poo that Portland wants.

Along with Miami apparently not even actually offering their best possible offer by reports and playing hardball with Portland betting that they will eventually have to trade him to them.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 26, 2023

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://clutchpoints.com/siegels-scoop-damian-lillard-trade-talks-intensify-blazers-attempt-raptors-heat-bidding-war sums up the situation pretty neatly

tl;dr - Heat want Dame but on their terms and neither team has talked since an offer was made July. Portland trying to drum up some kind of market for Lillard to get more but his trade value is less than they expected, partially because he only wants to play for Miami and partially because he's 33 and owed a lot of money over the next 3 years. Someone will call someone's bluff and Dame will be on a new team next week, including the Raptors even if he doesn't want to go.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1036212

I just want you guys to take a walk through the past and to remember Kobe Wade with me

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
A Dame deal definitely gets done before the season starts. It's in no-ones interest for him to still be on he blazers on opening night. Even if the speculated Miami offer is the only one out there then Portland will take it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Herro's like 40 million bucks for empty scoring that isn't even that good.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i’ve seen the numbers and i’ve observed herro’s scoring and i gotta say did you guys ever see rodman kick that cameraman in the balls that poo poo was kind of funny

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

i’ve seen the numbers and i’ve observed herro’s scoring and i gotta say did you guys ever see rodman kick that cameraman in the balls that poo poo was kind of funny

My favorite part was the camera guy being real toughguy and mad until he realized what happened and the payday he could get acted like he was in agony.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

A Dame deal definitely gets done before the season starts. It's in no-ones interest for him to still be on he blazers on opening night. Even if the speculated Miami offer is the only one out there then Portland will take it.

Media day is October 2nd and seems to be the unofficial deadline which is why all this poo poo is leaking this week.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Panzeh posted:

Herro's like 40 million bucks for empty scoring that isn't even that good.

Herro is nowhere near 40 million lol

He's roughly 30 million AAV

Unless he hits his incentives of *check notes* DPOY, all-nba or MVP lol

Edit: he has to hit those every year to hit near 40 million lol.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 26, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Herro giving volume shooting to the team who left a Dame Sized shot volume isn't the worst idea, lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

Herro giving volume shooting to the team who left a Dame Sized shot volume isn't the worst idea, lol

They have Anferee Simmons who's ceiling is p much Tyler Herro once Simons gets the minutes he's about to get.

Assuming Simons game scales anyway.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Portland mob gonna come after you dexo for saying simons isn't a star

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Metapod posted:

Portland mob gonna come after you dexo for saying simons isn't a star

One of them tried to tell me Simons is better and has a higher ceiling than Zach Lavine and I almost died laughing.

And I actually like Simons as a player to be clear.

But he is not particularly spectacular. But signing both him and Herro is redundant as poo poo.

And id probably rather have Simons at that contract unless I was trying to win within the next two years or so

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 26, 2023

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

They have Anferee Simmons who's ceiling is p much Tyler Herro once Simons gets the minutes he's about to get.

Assuming Simons game scales anyway.
Simons has already demonstrated he can match Herro's production given the minutes.

97 games played as a starter:
34.9mpg, 21.1ppg, 4.5apg, 39.1% threes on 9.1(!) attempts per game

His shooting is in the upper tier for all the NBA

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Herro is pretty good, but Poole was also pretty good before being thrown under the bus by his team.

Herro is going through that right now, so maybe everyone is baking in the drop-off from that.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

After all the talk last year about who you'd rather pay, it's great that Poole and Herro are tied at the hip as two expensive, unrepentant gunners who no one on the team likes

and then there's Tyrese Maxey who quietly became better than both

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Poole has no playmaking skills at all and was possibly the worst defender in the whole league last season. Herro has at least some point skills and is merely pretty bad on D rather than catastrophic. It's not fair to compare them.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

wow

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I don't think Simons is ever going to be an all-star, but he could absolutely put up similar stats to LaVine as the focal point of an offense.

Portland also has the perfect opportunity to find out what Simons' ceiling is. My hope is that they can put him in the shop window and move him for a wing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Scoot and Sharpe are presumably Portland's future backcourt, so Simons is a bit of a stopgap anyway

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Simons is also 24 and playing next to Dame has not historically been a showcase spot for a SG, so I think that gives some credence to his upside.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

What everyone's trying to say is the blazers already have herro at home

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't think Simons is ever going to be an all-star, but he could absolutely put up similar stats to LaVine as the focal point of an offense.

Portland also has the perfect opportunity to find out what Simons' ceiling is. My hope is that they can put him in the shop window and move him for a wing.

Maybe, But uh, Zach is one of the most efficient scorers in the league. And has been despite being the sole offensive focus on some mid offensive talented teams surrounding him. He might put up similar counting stats. But more than likely nowhere near the efficiency.

Simons could maybe get there. But he's not near there yet.

Once again I lament Zach not being able to play with an point guard outside of those beautiful few months with Lonzo who can get him the ball and let him cook off ball catch and shoot, and torch close outs.

As yeah, zach's onball decision making is not at the level it needs to be for him to be a reliable initiator.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 26, 2023

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
i may have put miles bridges as most underrated because i was thinking of mikal bridges who i don't think i wanted to put as my answer anyway
figure i'd post this now to quote later as my excuse in case my brain isn't just pulling my chain

in future i'll have to remember not to answer polls when sleepy

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Giggs posted:

i may have put miles bridges as most underrated because i was thinking of mikal bridges who i don't think i wanted to put as my answer anyway
figure i'd post this now to quote later as my excuse in case my brain isn't just pulling my chain

in future i'll have to remember not to answer polls when sleepy

If 2k is any argument I can straight cook with Cade Cunningham

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

If you wanna go with the superstar talent then I think it is pretty easy to argue SGA is the most underrated.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I hope Zach LaVine starts a wine label when he retires.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Sabonis feels like a pretty easy pick for most underrated and I feel especially good since no one here has mentioned him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Zach Lavine is a tall 6'5. I would have guessed he was easily 6'7

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Simons has looked pretty bad next to Dame, but really good when he plays the true PG. Simons is frustrating as he doesn’t utilize his freakish athleticism.

Simons / Thybulle / O.G. / Grant / Ayton is built for Simons to score 25+ ppg. It should be fun.

I’m debating whether to go in for season tickets or just a package. It should be cheap this year and seeing Scoot his rookie year will be memorable.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SGA is first team all nba and got a bunch of rave reviews from the World Cup, we are probably 2-3 years passed him being underrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Zach Lavine is a tall 6'5. I would have guessed he was easily 6'7

We need a bot that occasionally posts Rick's (I think) post about LaVine that he looks like he's playing on wires but those wires are electrocuting him.