Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

fuctifino posted:

A nice bit of schadenfreude:

lol and lmao

Thankful every day for our hard working press who were there to uncritically broadcast these sensible talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/StevePowers_/status/1706672507955064915

:allears:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*clears throat* Stella Creepy

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
the entirety of Suella's screed is shocking in how unvarnishedly fascist it is, but this part caught my attention in particular:

quote:

Immigration has been "too much, too quick, with too little thought given to integration and the impact on social cohesion"

without stopping for a moment to consider that it's her, her party, and her wider ideological strain who have had exclusive control of the levers for at least a decade now. they're the ones who have presided over this ill-thought out disintegration of social cohesion, which is obviously entirely down to immigration, which has been a constant throughout this country's existence, and not the obvious and deliberate mismanagement of everything by conservatives over their period of government... /s

part of me wishes that we had a competent press in this country, but even if we did, it feels like most folk would not give a single solitary gently caress and just nod along with whatever reheated BNP patter the tories have dredged up from the gutters of their minds

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The government could cut immigration tomorrow if they wanted to, like they literally make the rules up, it's their rules currently.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Tin of Stella Greasy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

A real feminist our Stella

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Overminty posted:

Well I suppose if she's the product of multiculturalism then I'd have to agree it's failed :v:

She's probably more a product of multi-millionairism

dadrips posted:

the entirety of Suella's screed is shocking in how unvarnishedly fascist it is, but this part caught my attention in particular:

without stopping for a moment to consider that it's her, her party, and her wider ideological strain who have had exclusive control of the levers for at least a decade now. they're the ones who have presided over this ill-thought out disintegration of social cohesion, which is obviously entirely down to immigration, which has been a constant throughout this country's existence, and not the obvious and deliberate mismanagement of everything by conservatives over their period of government... /s

part of me wishes that we had a competent press in this country, but even if we did, it feels like most folk would not give a single solitary gently caress and just nod along with whatever reheated BNP patter the tories have dredged up from the gutters of their minds

The problem is, someone has tied the government's hands with so-called :airquote: " h u ma n r i g h t s " :airquote:

like apparently, you can't just shoot small boats on sight or air drop refugees to Rwanda without parachute??? :dafuq:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

like apparently, you can't just shoot small boats on sight or air drop refugees to Rwanda without parachute??? :dafuq:
It's political correctness gone mad, just like in Nineteen Eighty-Four! :argh:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

lol and lmao

I wonder why the white supremacists didn't want to listen to braverman. :thunk:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

It's difficult to make out with up to three people talking simultaneously, but I couldn't hear any mention of a terrible whistle-blower or about it being just a game.
Is this the right clip?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why exactly was mandelson hanging out with epstein?

also i think i’m having a stroke, wasn’t the pronouncing ep-stein not ep-steen a code for “i
hate jews”

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no that's when you pronounce it ep-shtein, the german way, like hitler would

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Only when Corbyn does it.

e: Epstine, Epstene, and Epstyne depends on the bonding configuration.

Just don't ask what with :pedo:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

lol and lmao

pre:
lool z-list, fascist oval office 
                        \

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 26, 2023

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
suella's right to highlight the absolutely ridiculous runaway crazy birth rate

look at that little uptick at the end. we're all done for. must be all the foreigns

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That theory usually hinges on the good, real, proper white people not having children while the bad, wrong, foreign, nonwhite people have all of them. So she probably thinks that that uptick is one immigrant turning themselves into an ant queen and starting a hive or something.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
:mcrappe:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

That theory usually hinges on the good, real, proper white people not having children while the bad, wrong, foreign, nonwhite people have all of them. So she probably thinks that that uptick is one immigrant turning themselves into an ant queen and starting a hive or something.

Maybe lift the ban on social support for more than 2 children.

Oh, you don't want those types to have babies.

Ok, gimme a sec

You're going to ban higher education for women aren't you

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Angepain posted:

suella's right to highlight the absolutely ridiculous runaway crazy birth rate

look at that little uptick at the end. we're all done for. must be all the foreigns

Birth rate finally recovering after the 2008 global financial crisis left everyone too poor to have kids?
Awful news, to be blamed on foreigns.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

Also worth noting that higher births before the Abortion Act didn't always translate to more grown children, because [that-infanticide-graph dot png] but also because the state and church took a bunch away to laundries or deported them to Australia back then.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

BalloonFish posted:

I read a memoir by a former BR manager (because I am a cool and exciting person) and he said that there was a massive shift in mindset in the 1980s when BR was sectorised.

<Rail chat>

Translink, the publicly owned rail network in Northern Ireland, still works a bit like this albeit on a much small scale than what BR used to be. They also run all bus and coach services, so if a train breaks down and has to stop at certain station, or if stations are closed for maintenance, they can have replacement busses ready to go.

Earlier this year I was travelling from Belfast to Derry for a funeral but a signals failure meant trains leaving Belfast were delayed. I went to the ticket office to explain the situation and they said to get on the express coach bus leaving from the same station, as the driver had been contacted and told to accept train tickets.

They also did the transporting of parcels thing until a few years ago. They're poo poo in all kinds of ways but still seem better than anything I hear about rail in GB.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Translink, the publicly owned rail network in Northern Ireland, still works a bit like this albeit on a much small scale than what BR used to be. They also run all bus and coach services, so if a train breaks down and has to stop at certain station, or if stations are closed for maintenance, they can have replacement busses ready to go.

Earlier this year I was travelling from Belfast to Derry for a funeral but a signals failure meant trains leaving Belfast were delayed. I went to the ticket office to explain the situation and they said to get on the express coach bus leaving from the same station, as the driver had been contacted and told to accept train tickets.

They also did the transporting of parcels thing until a few years ago. They're poo poo in all kinds of ways but still seem better than anything I hear about rail in GB.

Translink delivering parcels was always weird.
During my school days, we would get one of their buses home, and the rack at the front behind the driver would have the parcels.
A few times it was car parts. A stack of newspapers or magazines.
And a few times there was boxes full of chicks. They would be chirping like gently caress out of fear and the whole bus would be silent listening to them.

The buses are getting worse in the Republic though.
What Mick Lynch is fighting in the UK, Bus Éireann has already done with its stations in the south of ireland.
Take the hub of it all, Busáras, in Dublin City Center. The main depot of the whole country. If you can't get connecting lines, you go through Busáras.
Instead of the booths where the ticket sellers and information given is, now there are just ticket machines. Last time I was there only 2 of the 5 were working.
Instead of multiple people giving information, there would be a god half dozen or more walking about or making buses were on time. There is just one solitary person floating about. I sat there for almost two hours waiting for my connection, and the amount of non-locals trying to find information and not getting it is atrocious.
The place used to be thriving with several shops, now there's just two sandwich places that charge a tenner for sub standard crap.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dadrips posted:

without stopping for a moment to consider that it's her, her party, and her wider ideological strain who have had exclusive control of the levers for at least a decade now.
Not precisely. You see what her and her and her ideological strain actually want, they feel like they can't say. In their minds, they're prevented from saying what they really think all the time.

So where they recognise there's something stopping them suggesting firing at small boats with Howitzers for sport or renaming the Department for Work and Pensions to the Department of Squid Games, it doesn't occur to them for a second that people resist those ideas because they're horrifying.

They only recognise morality as an external force because none of them have it as an internal structure. So this nebulous 'thing' that seems to be preventing them trading poor people's organs on the stock market isn't empathy or morality; it's the woke blob, or civil servants, or progressive judges, or crisp-chomping ex-footballers.

The enemies are everywhere, and just out of sight, and the real reason they can't say the word, of course. The only thing stopping them is that pesky human decency - if only they could find out what's causing it. It must be the Camberwell Corbynistas of North West Outer North London with their pronouns again!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But it is literally only their own fear that stops them saying it, so they do have an internal sense of morality, in the form of some sort of conceptually-externalized fear. But it's coming from them, nobody is going to meaningfully hurt them if they just say exactly what they think, they command the entire apparatus of state to protect them and enforce their whims. And from that position they still feel compelled to whine about how persecuted they are.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 26, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

Translink delivering parcels was always weird.
During my school days, we would get one of their buses home, and the rack at the front behind the driver would have the parcels.
A few times it was car parts. A stack of newspapers or magazines.
And a few times there was boxes full of chicks. They would be chirping like gently caress out of fear and the whole bus would be silent listening to them.

The buses are getting worse in the Republic though.
What Mick Lynch is fighting in the UK, Bus Éireann has already done with its stations in the south of ireland.
Take the hub of it all, Busáras, in Dublin City Center. The main depot of the whole country. If you can't get connecting lines, you go through Busáras.
Instead of the booths where the ticket sellers and information given is, now there are just ticket machines. Last time I was there only 2 of the 5 were working.
Instead of multiple people giving information, there would be a god half dozen or more walking about or making buses were on time. There is just one solitary person floating about. I sat there for almost two hours waiting for my connection, and the amount of non-locals trying to find information and not getting it is atrocious.
The place used to be thriving with several shops, now there's just two sandwich places that charge a tenner for sub standard crap.

it was rumoured our milk man was a runner for loyalist paramilitaries

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
back them days

hands like shovels he had, that man

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Remember when the bin man would come right into your yard and collect your bin.

20 minutes after the milk man had come right into your yard and left something in it.

Simpler times.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Remember when the bin man would come right into your yard and collect your bin.

20 minutes after the milk man had come right into your yard and left something in it.

Simpler times.

mr t was right?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/docrussjackson/status/1706767470554386529?s=20

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lol (that was from 2022 though ^^^)

And on that subject:

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1706803665946722447

What the gently caress did he say to make GBeebies issue an immediate apology? lmao

e: I guess it was this: https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1706777983241822705

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 27, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao it's like one of those TMZ celeb gossip channels but peppered with alt-right shibboleths.

Is Brittney's new date a beta incel manlet? Wait and find out!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That video is really loving bad. I'll be very surprised if Fox still has his job after this, and considering the way that Wootton was laughing and sniggering along, plus all his other <points at everything> that most of the media are ignoring, it could also mean the end of his stint on the channel too :toot:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He has a job?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

He has a job?

It's like twitch streaming but for nepo babies

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
did the people at gb news not see this coming somehow? have they not like scrolled down his twitter feed for two minutes

ok no they probably haven't

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If wooton has survived all his poo poo so far seems unlikely he'll get chucked out over something on air and on brand

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Can one of you NI goons tell me why there are no ticket machines at any of the stations and you have to queue up to buy one from an actual person? I've nearly missed my train quite a few times now because I forgot about that and saw the line was packed as I arrived five mins before I was due to depart.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ThomasPaine posted:

Can one of you NI goons tell me why there are no ticket machines at any of the stations and you have to queue up to buy one from an actual person? I've nearly missed my train quite a few times now because I forgot about that and saw the line was packed as I arrived five mins before I was due to depart.

Been 30 years since I used a train regular in NI, so my details on how they work may not be upro date. And it was only manned one end.
I think its because there's no way to keep ticket machines running without being smashed to poo poo within 24 hours.
And with students getting travel cards for price discounts, machines wouldn't recognize them, or fake cards.
So its cheaper to have a single person on the city end to issue and check them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Ofcom/status/1706936846687645877

:toot: