Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Very niiiice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

The comedic timing on that line was impeccable

I’d say either:

1) Class prez is a vampire.

2) Class prez reads a lot of YA light novels and wants a hot vampire boyfriend and is willing to hilariously misconstrue the situation in line with her fantasy

3) Class prez is actually a Vampire Hunter and part of some sort of Knights Templar of Van Helsing knockoff and will try to stake Okarun

I could see any of them really.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’d say either:

2) Class prez reads a lot of YA light novels and wants a hot vampire boyfriend and is willing to hilariously misconstrue the situation in line with her fantasy

3) Class prez is actually a Vampire Hunter and part of some sort of Knights Templar of Van Helsing knockoff and will try to stake Okarun

3 seems like a good possibility, just because we haven't really seen any anti-supernatural force in the series yet, and having someone who can maybe counter half the group would make for an interesting plot

We can only hope

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’d say either:

If it is (1) or (3), then that means Okarun is embodying vampiric traits. I do not recall the class rep seeing Okarun use his supernatural powers, though perhaps class rep has noticed that Okarun has gotten a lot of "attention" lately and believes that is central to being a vampire.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Flair posted:

If it is (1) or (3), then that means Okarun is embodying vampiric traits. I do not recall the class rep seeing Okarun use his supernatural powers, though perhaps class rep has noticed that Okarun has gotten a lot of "attention" lately and believes that is central to being a vampire.

The class rep is on the stairs when Okarun is in his turbo mode moving boxes. They seemed pretty cavalier about busting out their powers this chapter.

Also, for God's sake Okarun/Ayase just kiss already.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Flair posted:

he literally walked right by her while he was in Turbo Mode while lifting stuff a normal high schooler should probably have struggled somewhat with.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Fezz posted:

The class rep is on the stairs when Okarun is in his turbo mode moving boxes. They seemed pretty cavalier about busting out their powers this chapter.

Last Celebration posted:

he literally walked right by her while he was in Turbo Mode while lifting stuff a normal high schooler should probably have struggled somewhat with.

I just realize that the three boxes are considered heavy in context: I ignored it since everyone else was carrying 1-3 boxes and he was not using his superspeed, but I realized that everyone else were using the suit or a cart to move the same amount as Okarun. Nonetheless, if it is (1) and (3), then the vampiric trait is using supernatural strength to carry things on their backs and how Okarun looks in Turbo Form.

Saint Germain's powers are probably affecting the kids: some of them agreed enthusiastically to moving boxes, and they just blatantly used their powers at school to move heavy boxes.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i don't think this is even the first time some of them have been blatantly superpowered at school

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fezz posted:

Also, for God's sake Okarun/Ayase just kiss already.

UGH I KNOW RIGHT

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Good going Momo, I'd say keep at it but Okarun is a giant nimrod and deserves all the cold shoulders forever!!!

Also, I think that there was a plot point in the begining of the manga that normal people can't see supernatural stuff for whatever reason, which would mean that class rep is indeed somewhat special. But I also might be misremembering things.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Can normal people see okarun running around with his bare feet though, drat boy put them things away or start charging people for a gander

Also isn't okarun confused because he saw momo and jiji falling asleep together (was that before or after he read the letter)?

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Patware posted:

i don't think this is even the first time some of them have been blatantly superpowered at school

Okarun accidently powered up when he was confronting the class bully of whatever one panel a while back. He's a lot taller in ghost mode.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Can normal people see okarun running around with his bare feet though, drat boy put them things away or start charging people for a gander

Also isn't okarun confused because he saw momo and jiji falling asleep together (was that before or after he read the letter)?

Before. He read the letter after returning to his body, and he saw them while he was still a ghost. What I'm trying to remember now is when exactly he talked to Vamola about it like he mentions the end of the chapter

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Okarun is second guessing himself mostly because the “love ya!” on the note could theoretically be read in a more casual way. It’s obviously not meant that way but he’s second guessing himself into the pit because he’s afraid that if he guesses wrong on how it was intended that everything will go bad.

Anyway, more Vamola power walking in her big dumb suit please

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Okarun is second guessing himself mostly because the “love ya!” on the note could theoretically be read in a more casual way. It’s obviously not meant that way but he’s second guessing himself into the pit because he’s afraid that if he guesses wrong on how it was intended that everything will go bad.

Anyway, more Vamola power walking in her big dumb suit please

Wait, when did she get that suit back?

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Presumably after they rang the boss Kur's bell.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

123 https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018654

:drac:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’d say either:

Well, we certainly know which it is now.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
God, they're all such dorks. :allears:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Envy turtle hag spirit???

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Everyone blushes at Okarun lmao

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Started reading spooky manga for October and sped through this over the weekend, great manga. Nice that 100 something chapters in they just explain that everyone just sees Okarun running around like a feral dork unless they've got spiritual sensitivity

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Tampa Bae posted:

Started reading spooky manga for October and sped through this over the weekend, great manga. Nice that 100 something chapters in they just explain that everyone just sees Okarun running around like a feral dork unless they've got spiritual sensitivity

not even sure this chapter necessarily confirms that, seems more like the combo of class rep's vampire fantasy and running into him on the stairs just finally led to someone asking about it

i may be taking this position because i'll be really disappointed if the rest of the school isn't seeing vamola running around in her suit

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I really liked this chapter, but while the class rep stuff was really funny I lowkey loved the Vamola+Granny bits at the dinner table the most lol

Just massive dodos I love em

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

stuker posted:

not even sure this chapter necessarily confirms that, seems more like the combo of class rep's vampire fantasy and running into him on the stairs just finally led to someone asking about it

i may be taking this position because i'll be really disappointed if the rest of the school isn't seeing vamola running around in her suit

Remember, the only reason Aira started to see Okarun and Momo's powers was her picking up the first golden ball, leading to her and the Acro-Silkie arc. It stands to reason that prolonged contact with the balls allow the supernatural awakening.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm not sure what to make of (cat) Granny. She seems to enjoy hanging out with the group now, so I'm not sure if she'd still go evil if given the chance. Momo's Granny also doesn't seem to be worried about her.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Jerkface posted:

I really liked this chapter, but while the class rep stuff was really funny I lowkey loved the Vamola+Granny bits at the dinner table the most lol

Just massive dodos I love em

If there is one thing Vamola knows, it's how to handle powerful Grannies.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’d say either:

For the reasons I stated above, I feel like it was most likely going to be two.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure what to make of (cat) Granny. She seems to enjoy hanging out with the group now, so I'm not sure if she'd still go evil if given the chance. Momo's Granny also doesn't seem to be worried about her.

Her initial arc involved her caring for all the ghosts of those lost children so I think she's a lot less malicious than she tries to appear.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I love these dumb nerds. :allears:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

She went as far as helping Okarun get better at using her powers, so she seems to be somewhat content to just chill with Seiko.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Also seems like the powers are directly connected to being sad? Would you even want them back?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aw, rin is such a good girl. :smith:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Strap in, it's heartbreaking flashback time again on DANDADAN!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also as if it were ever in doubt, turbo granny confirms we will absolutely be seeing vampires in this series at some point

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rins vampire delusions are great. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MachuPikacchu posted:

Strap in, it's heartbreaking flashback time again on DANDADAN!

poo poo just started and I already have bad feels :smith:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Now, how will her bedridden going-senile granny give her some kind of supernatural powerup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I like how grannies are such a key element to so much of this series, and gosh dang, these kids are so cute. The artist must be a handsome and talented vampire...