Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
There's a bigger discussion to be had that Dallas needs a transcendent talent at QB to overcome their organizational issues. The Fat Mike and :schotty: combo isn't going to be scheming red zone looks open in the playoffs, but this staff is as good as Dallas can do. There's not going to be a breakthrough by anything but a perfect storm of dumb luck.

Dak would probably be good enough to win on teams that have their poo poo together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

And Sam Howell would be going to the Super Bowl if the Commanders had a real O line instead of a bunch of high school kids.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Have you considered perhaps that Dak can be a good QB but also have a noticeable weakness? Wild thoughts I know.

I've only ever argued the objectively correct position that he is a) a great QB, and b) unjustifiably maligned and underappreciated

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

blarzgh posted:

Hm yes no good quarterback has ever thrown a desperation pick when the game was out of hand

Tony Romo would never!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

blarzgh posted:

I believe it was 2019 where he put up quite literally the best passer rating in the fourth quarter in the history of the NFL

Maybe he should have used some of that talent in the 1st 3 quarters so they didn't go 8-8

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Its a tight window, but they're all tight windows in the red zone, and I think its most likely a TD.

True. Always a good idea to throw into triple coverage down in the red zone.

blarzgh posted:

What a ridiculous, meaningless stat

:irony:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
us philly fans need to get our licks in while we can because weeks seven through fourteen are going to be a loving brutal ride

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's my birthday and not only did for Phillies just clinch a playoff berth tonight, my gf just surprised me with eagles tix I'm gonna cry

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Dak Prescott suffers from Eli Manning syndome. He's good. he's good at quarterback, but everyone's instinct is to say that a QB sucks poo poo or is an all time great. He is neither great nor trash and never will be, he will simply be good (he also won't ever win poo poo because the cowboys have been cursed by a benevolent god)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eli was great. People are stupid and only look at regular season stats. He's top ten in postseason TDs and completions. He could make any throw. He put up two solid super bowls and both were won on his arm.

He wasn't better than Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc, but that's like being the fifth best WR behind Randy Moss.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

Dak Prescott suffers from Eli Manning syndome. He's good. he's good at quarterback, but everyone's instinct is to say that a QB sucks poo poo or is an all time great. He is neither great nor trash and never will be, he will simply be good (he also won't ever win poo poo because the cowboys have been cursed by a benevolent god)

Eli's going in the Hall for his perfect efforts in stopping Brady from getting two more rings. Dak will never be Eli

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i was going to make a post where i took dak's regular-season stats and eli's post-season stats and combined them into one uber-QB but when comparing the two directly, dak has better playoff stats than eli across the board. except, of course, in wins and win percentage. eli went 8-4, dak has gone 2-4.

none of this poo poo matters, of course, but i thought it was interesting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dak isn’t even in the same solar system as Eli

Wtf lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chris James 2 posted:

Eli's going in the Hall for his perfect efforts in stopping Brady from getting two more rings. Dak will never be Eli

Dak retired Brady

Eli could beat him but he couldn't kill him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you want a comp for Dak: Kirk cousins

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Shinjobi posted:

Dak retired Brady

Eli could beat him but he couldn't kill him

Eli embarrassed Brady so bad twice that he stuck around solely to spite him and get back to the SB

After Dak beat him he's just like "I'm old, he isn't worth the spite"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

Dak isn’t even in the same solar system as Eli

Wtf lol

Correct, Eli was better.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

If you want a comp for Dak: Kirk cousins

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Marklar posted:

The Eagles look off. Plenty of time to go, and they are 3-0, but it ain't *clickin*.
This is true and also why I think other teams need to be really, really scared of the Eagles. They're one of the best teams in the league and literally everyone is looking at them and going "yeah but they're actually better than that".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The eagles demolished the bucs. It was a complete blow out

I guess yeah some of the field goals could have been TDs

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Hurts got better as that game went on too

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's really funny how we keep winning convincingly but all the wins feel like losses cause it really does not feel that they are playing to what they're capable of.

Honestly I prefer this than all the "super team" poo poo. What bugs me the most about the "super team" poo poo is it feels so back-handed, like the super team is not the sum of its parts or achieved by its actual players but some tainted blessing that we pilfered or some poo poo rather than the players just being really loving good.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 27, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Loved when he hung in the pocket and hit that TD throw

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Loved when he hung in the pocket and hit that TD throw

Bro that poo poo was art. I haven't been able to find a good isolated clip yet of how long Hurts as in the pocket and a closeup of how perfectly on target that catch was just jfc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe this works idk

https://x.com/Eagles/status/1706463551282442551?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

beep by grandpa posted:

It's really funny how we keep winning convincingly but all the wins feel like losses cause it really does not feel that they are playing to what they're capable of.

Honestly I prefer this than all the "super team" poo poo. What bugs me the most about the "super team" poo poo is it feels so back-handed, like the super team is not the sum of its parts or achieved by its actual players but some tainted blessing that we pilfered or some poo poo rather than the players just being really loving good.

God drat do I hate philly fans like gently caress

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hey guys your team is great and is winning so convincingly that your rivals are jealous

Philly idiot: gently caress me what an insult this fuckin guy how dare you interrupt my morosing

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Are you having another meltdown my man, relax it's ok they're just posts :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

asdf;'t8ji :awesome:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Doltos posted:

Hey guys your team is great and is winning so convincingly that your rivals are jealous

Philly idiot: gently caress me what an insult this fuckin guy how dare you interrupt my morosing

it's astonishing how it happens in every major sport even with different posters

e: well maybe not that astonishing

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i will happily take a team that's 3-0 despite playing C+/B- football

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

beep by grandpa posted:

Are you having another meltdown my man, relax it's ok they're just posts :)

Philadelphia fans are whiny assholes and I hate reading the posts. I'm allowed to criticize you guys and there's a reason why everyone hates philly posters.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i always figured it was petty jealousy in the face of our youthful vigor and virility

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Not sure if Philadelphia or Boston has the worst sports fans

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Not everyone hates us, simply most people. Words have meanings!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

biceps crimes posted:

Boston imo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:shrug: Is there something I am supposed to do with information presented itt about what other fans think about philly fans other than: lol, lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

It's Boston because of the consistent success, although Philly's definitely come closer these last few years. Boston then KC then Philly. Boston being actually bad now is going to result in the rankings switching soon I feel

Could be worse. Pittsburgh could also be back in the rankings. Being in PA my whole life has been rough, but being there in 2008-09 sucked most

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Boston is 10000000% more racist