Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Is Jack Allison still married? I figured his co-author was his wife Kate, but it was apparently someone else who lives in Florida named Kate. Is Jack getting divorced why the morning show ended!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

Is Jack Allison still married? I figured his co-author was his wife Kate, but it was apparently someone else who lives in Florida named Kate. Is Jack getting divorced why the morning show ended!?

Pretty likely they're separated

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
jack and cait raft have divorced, he wrote the book with kate shapiro.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I've been fingering so many ants you'd think I was an uncle!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I was a wastewater plant operator for over a decade.

This is me in 2013, just doing normal work day stuff.

So…do not take me lightly when I say the port-a-john descriptions made me gag.

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Bro is that sludge you’re standing in what I think it is

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

Bro is that sludge you’re standing in what I think it is

Yup.Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids

I was clearing a clog by hand.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Is sludge an industry term? I hope it is.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
I signed up for a Zoom virtual tour of the Chicago wastewater treatment plant a couple years ago and it was illuminating. Looks like they have a version of it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/__yXMrBYek4?si=sf8VTYq0b_fExUAD

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, we always called it sludge. Well, we mostly called it poo poo, but it was sludge on all the documentation.

The idea of turds straight out of the dumper freaks me out, though. Do not like those stories.

Edit: goddam, their aeration basins have a larger footprint than the entirety of my old plant. We were rated to treat 1.5 mgd.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 29, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

My favorite Doughboys bits are when they create a character around a restaurant mascot. Today’s ep hit real good.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Marsupial Ape posted:

Yeah, we always called it sludge. Well, we mostly called it poo poo, but it was sludge on all the documentation.

The idea of turds straight out of the dumper freaks me out, though. Do not like those stories.

Edit: goddam, their aeration basins have a larger footprint than the entirety of my old plant. We were rated to treat 1.5 mgd.

1.5 megadumps

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wiger auctioned off a Sonic the Hedgehog fleshlight to himself.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Count me as someone who's skeptical that shark movies are horror, but the Deep Blue Sea ep was still very good

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Dear Miyamoto-San, it’s me Nick again. Why can’t you kill & eat Epona? Please respond.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Most terrifying thing in this episode is how seemlessly Wiger and Mitch can transition to Advertising Shill mode.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wiger is terrified of being chased by a mummy, unless it’s a Billy Zane mummy in which case Wiger slows down to tie his shoe.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there actually a Mummy movie where Billy Zane plays the Mummy or is this another Three Dog Night situation?

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
At the risk of sounding like someone they make fun of with the Reddit voice, why do they always use Price is Right rules in their guessing games? It adds nothing to it and actively makes the games worse!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there actually a Mummy movie where Billy Zane plays the Mummy or is this another Three Dog Night situation?

The guy in the Mummy looks like Billy Zane but it’s not Billy Zane

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

^^ yeah I had to look it up too; it was a bald guy named Arnold Vosloo, who looked more to me like the guy who played the eponymous Amazing Colossal Man

He was in The Scorpion King 3–didn’t even know there was a second one let alone a third—but I don’t know if he was a mummy or anything like that

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Jokymi posted:

At the risk of sounding like someone they make fun of with the Reddit voice, why do they always use Price is Right rules in their guessing games? It adds nothing to it and actively makes the games worse!

Yeah, the misery is where the humor is generated.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jokymi posted:

It prevents them from having to do math.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I think Wiger likes using the SNES sound effects.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Are Wiger’s teeth rotting out? My wife pointed it out and I can’t unsee it

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That stretch of time when he had a Snickers bar and a bottle of Pepsi for breakfast every day took its toll

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

That stretch of time when he had a Snickers bar and a bottle of Pepsi for breakfast every day took its toll

*adjusts glasses* I believe you mean a cup of black coffee, king sized Snickers bar, & a Mountain Dew Code Red.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Bo Jackson Frankenstein chasing Mitch to steal his legendary hog

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It's sweet that Mitch thinks Twisted Metal flopped because of the strike

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Strongly encourage fans to watch the video of today’s episode instead of going audio only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLzBRL957k

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Strongly encourage fans to watch the video of today’s episode instead of going audio only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLzBRL957k

I thought I had got the gist by watching the first few minutes and listened to the rest as audio but I definitely missed out on stuff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's truly astonishing that Zouks never played a Mario, almost unbelievable. I feel like growing up when he did you'd play one by accident at some point

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

God, the double upside-down middle fingers are so dumb but so on brand for this pod

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Zouks being a big fan of the show really elevates the episodes he’s on. It’s great

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Zouks recently mentioned members of the Quincy crew on HDTGM and I wondered what percentage is the audience had any clue what he was talking about.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's such a strange and endearing experience when he references a Doughboys or Action Boyz bit on another unrelated podcast

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Leave it to Wiger to wreck The Devil’s Chicken

Also: I was on the fence before, but guys, Murder is Real

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch thinks the betrayer level of hell is populated by Judas, Brutus, and Ray Allen.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

My ring is ice cold! I’m making GBS threads cubes over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Aukerman adding another story to his house with the earnings from having the rights to Monster gently caress.