Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
My man I know nothing about wrestling and was just hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

To put it into context, the podcast Behind the Bastards did a two part episode on Ron DeSantis.

The one they did for Vince McMahon was six episodes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

lmao you think the writers on wrestling shows, or the performers are allowed to be union?

lmao Vince didn't have Hogan rat out organizers to allow that poo poo to happen.

Individual wrestlers have had SAG cards while still active but it means fuckall in the actual industry.

It just means that if they do some light character work they can go to a hospital without taking out a loan.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s not just Vince either I know the workers on AEW are independent contractors and don’t even get health insurance.

Wrestling is a very seat of your pants industry

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1707464608670236996

gently caress YEAH :toot:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/andrewpetcash/status/1707440148261028197?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

. . . marketing for WHAT exactly, bath salts?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CTE is a major problem and I’m not about to say otherwise but man this “lol he’s got CTE” thing a lot of people do these days when an athlete acts weird feels more than a little skeevy

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Antonio Brown is the only guy that it doesn't feel weird about because we all saw the instant something got broken inside his head.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sash! posted:

Antonio Brown is the only guy that it doesn't feel weird about because we all saw the instant something got broken inside his head.

IIRC it was badly damaged beforehand, Burfict just broke it beyond repair.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

CTE is a major problem and I’m not about to say otherwise but man this “lol he’s got CTE” thing a lot of people do these days when an athlete acts weird feels more than a little skeevy

Sash! posted:

speaking of that:

https://twitter.com/ab84/status/1707439655845560353?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

https://twitter.com/ab84/status/1707441245574811896?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

MLB is saying the ALDS/ALCS will be on FOX/FS1 but I can't figure out if that's a simulcast or if they're going to split it and just haven't decided how to split it yet. Do I need to be restarting my sling subscription to be able to watch all the O's games or am I overthinking this?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Xerol posted:

MLB is saying the ALDS/ALCS will be on FOX/FS1 but I can't figure out if that's a simulcast or if they're going to split it and just haven't decided how to split it yet. Do I need to be restarting my sling subscription to be able to watch all the O's games or am I overthinking this?

They'll be split. Only series totally on Fox is the World Series.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/506sports/status/1707502017256522092

(Marked in Yellow)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pretty sure Bears/Broncos needs to be designated as a Superfund site

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I figured Packer fans would love to see the Bears get embarrassed once again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Timby posted:

They'll be split. Only series totally on Fox is the World Series.
I would assume the strike would mean there’s more room for baseball on the Fox schedule. But I haven’t looked at it recently so maybe it’s all loaded with Masked Singer episodes.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Why would fox show a prime time game with the Yankees, Red Sox and cardinals out of the playoffs?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

The American Dream posted:

Why would fox show a prime time game with the Yankees, Red Sox and cardinals out of the playoffs?

SAG-AFTRA is still on strike and they need content.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Fox prime time is mostly reality shows it feels like.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Fox prime time is mostly reality shows it feels like.

that's what happens when you sell the studio to disney

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Joe Buck Channel: All Joe Buck, all the time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Barstool shithead says shithead thing

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Really hope Wisconsin (he's an alum) quietly distances themselves from him. He's been front row in the student section at some basketball games, did taped lineup intros once. Felt off then, looks worse now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Coco13 posted:

Really hope Wisconsin (he's an alum) quietly distances themselves from him. He's been front row in the student section at some basketball games, did taped lineup intros once. Felt off then, looks worse now.

he is nearly 40 years old he should not be anywhere near a college student section

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rick posted:

I'm going to unsubscribe from max if they get the PPVs because AEW rots your brain.

:catstare:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1709611729917759872

Mad Dog <3

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This segment from a couple weeks back was the subject of an amazing Spencer Hall piece on his website

https://twitter.com/JimmyTraina/status/1704519270791573949

quote:

Most extraordinarily of all: Russo's words are not even the most enduring takeaway from this segment. That indelible honor belongs to Marcus Spears, who, while everyone else around the desk is trying to appear too cool for school, is too busy VIBING THE gently caress OUT. Spears functions in this scene as a gleeful audience surrogate, with a series of escalating reactions that elevate the moment from a storied bit of televised drollery into a living tableau of folk art.

Mad Dog’s gonna start drinking at noon and gently set his brain to soft boil with half an edible. Many ask: What strength edible we talkin’ here? The logical guess would be a five milligram baby steps edible, given that Chris Russo is a 62 year old man likely new to re-entry into the recreational cannabis market.

Then again, maybe Chris Russo is diesel as hell. Maybe he’s breaking up half a 1000 mg Korova Black Bar for the Florida State/Clemson game while delivering a tight eleven minutes on why the Yanks suck this year to a rapt audience of bros stuck in drive-time traffic on Ganymede. Maybe Mad Dog was already hammering blunts laced full of bug spray with U-God in a stairwell on Staten Island back in the '90s. I don’t know. You don’t know. This man evidently contains multitudes.

Mad Dog is on goddamn fire. TEN DIMES ON THE BUFFS. Some primal urge in the heart of the greater New York City man yearns to a.) devolve into cartoon gangster speak after exactly one drink, and b.) drop a solid percentage of their annual income making supremely confident wagers about games they know next to nothing about beforehand.

His wife goes out of town for one weekend, and Chris Russo not only will morph into his 23-year-old self, huffing the intoxicating and poisonous fumes of sports betting spray starch on his couch, but has spent all week planning it out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SAS struggling to hide his laugh and just giving up halfway though is a great part of that clip too lol

also goddamn I gotta subscribe to Spencer's 2 things a week, that's tremendous

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The idea that I would ever be entertained by clips of a SAS show is preposterous. Mad Dog forever.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DJExile posted:

also goddamn I gotta subscribe to Spencer's 2 things a week, that's tremendous

It’s both Spencer and Holly, and their piece a couple weeks back on Jimmy Buffet was perfect. The Top Whatever also lives on and is great discussion of college football, sure, but their stuff on life in general is so good.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I guess someone in this thread should say that the AT&T Sports Networks are no more.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If you thought the barstool bros were scary the swifties will make their lives a living hell.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Spencer dropping a Korova reference I am dead. Thank you.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/buccigross/status/1711810339212271880?s=46

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is not a big deal but it's been driving me nuts and I'm wonder if anyone here can solve this riddle.

I am a Lions fan but live out of market, and I don't want to fork over money for Sunday Ticket (especially because they have several national games this year). Streams are reliably bad. So I listen online to 97.1 The Ticket and enjoy the homer announcers. Usually I do this on my laptop, but I had errands to run last week so I downloaded the Audacy app and tried to play it from there. It got as far as the coin toss before the broadcast switched to some CBS Radio NFL whiparound show with live updates around the league. I tried switching to my browser and got the same thing. I'm pretty sure this has also happened before when trying on a tablet. But the Lions broadcast continues to work when I listen on my laptop. Why the hell is this the case? Is there some weird NFL or FCC rule about mobile broadcasting of regional games? It's completely baffling.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is not a big deal but it's been driving me nuts and I'm wonder if anyone here can solve this riddle.

It’s a contractual thing. NFL rules prohibit radio stations from streaming play-by-play of games. All local NFL radio broadcasts are streamed through the league’s audiopass.nfl.com site.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Any idea why it works fine on a laptop browser though?

And thanks for the tip! I never knew about that site.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Any idea why it works fine on a laptop browser though?

Maybe your location? Are you on a VPN? I’m throwing out possibilities.

quote:

And thanks for the tip! I never knew about that site.

I did what I could :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
No VPN or anything. I'm all the way on the west coast. This also functioned when I would do the same thing in Chicago.