Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

gradenko_2000 posted:

We've been over this. It's epigenetic anticommunism

Nah it's even simpler than that, they were just pissy they had to do homework in order to learn to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i say swears online posted:

lmao i have the worst friends

that's correct, i want to prosecute him and throw him in jail

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

crepeface posted:

the weapons inspector has given the only possible explanation that i've heard why the west expected the russians to break and run (beyond the fact they're cowardly orcs). basically, they took two weakened
regiments (70th and 291st) of the 42nd Guards Motor Rifle Division, reinforced them with mobilized troops and stuck them in Robotyne. he thinks it was a deliberate russian ploy but idk about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live?2HTiBSXNksY&t=2858s

The video is not available anymore.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
for having been "enslaved" by the SS this Hunka guy seemed to be pretty chuffed about it

seriously these loving people can't even make up their minds: did he join the SS because he wanted to take revenge on the Soviets for the Holodomor, or was he coerced into it?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

crepeface posted:

the weapons inspector has given the only possible explanation that i've heard why the west expected the russians to break and run (beyond the fact they're cowardly orcs). basically, they took two weakened
regiments (70th and 291st) of the 42nd Guards Motor Rifle Division, reinforced them with mobilized troops and stuck them in Robotyne. he thinks it was a deliberate russian ploy but idk about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live?2HTiBSXNksY&t=2858s

I'm sure I saw first hand accounts coming from the Ukrainians along the lines of "we don't understand why the Russians are fighting tooth and nail for these backwater hamlets, we figured they would just put up a performative resistance and then pull back to their actual defense lines"

That's what the expectation was from the west i'll bet - the Russians fortified 15-20 km behind the current front, so we'll take those 15-20km as an easy win in the media and claim that Ukraine's offensive was successful cause it drove the Russians backwards and liberated all those thousands of square miles of land filled with hundreds of small villages. Only thing that makes sense to me.

**Oh I'm assuming by weapons inspector you mean that Scott Ritter clown, I don't really put alot of stock in what he says after he promised us tankies last year that Putin had an army 200,000 strong ready to go in Belarus to close off the Ukrainian / Polish border.

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 07:44 on Sep 27, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Phigs posted:

The video is not available anymore.

oh right, embeds don't work for youtube live videos.

he talks about it starting around 47:00

https://www.youtube.com/live/2HTiBSXNksY?si=IuwMEhTiGDKVua5U&t=2837

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/hayxtt/status/1706326523823690016

a completely anodyne statement that caused a bunch of meltdowns over the last 24 hours

Whats the old saying, Hitler's greatest crime was treating Europe like how Europe treated the rest of the world?

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good new for Ukraine - Ukrainian defense forces continue carrying out offensive operations in the Melitopol direction and... in the Bakhmut direction, inflicting losses on occupying troops in manpower and equipment, and wearing out the enemy along the entire front line.

Bad news for Russia - Russian troops launched unsuccessful attacks near Sieverne and Marinka in Donetsk Oblast and south of Novodarivka in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.

https://kyivindependent.com/general-staff-ukraine-advances-in-bakhmut-melitopol-directions-2/

General Staff: Ukraine advances in Bakhmut, Melitopol directions
by Martin Fornusek and The Kyiv Independent news desk
September 27, 2023 9:05 AM
2 min read

Ukrainian forces continue offensive operations in the Bakhmut direction in the east and in the Melitopol direction in the south, the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces reported on Sept. 27.

"Ukrainian defense forces continue carrying out offensive operations in the Melitopol direction and... in the Bakhmut direction, inflicting losses on occupying troops in manpower and equipment, and wearing out the enemy along the entire front line," the report said.

Russian troops reportedly launched unsuccessful attacks near Sieverne and Marinka in Donetsk Oblast and south of Novodarivka in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.

Over the course of the past day, there were 26 engagements with Russian forces, and Russia launched 10 missile strikes, 77 air strikes, and 44 strikes from multiple-launch rocket systems against both military targets and civilian areas, the General Staff said.

General Oleksandr Tarnavskyi, the commander of Ukraine's forces fighting in Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts, said last week that the military has breached through Russian lines near the southern village of Verbove.

Tarnavskyi lauded the success at Verbove but also noted that the true breakthrough on the southern front would be the liberation of Tokmak, which he stated was "the minimum goal" of the counteroffensive.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Endman posted:

I keep seeing stickers around where I live with the three downward arrows and "Fascists gently caress Off" written on them. I don't think I have the heart to tell whoever is putting them up about 1919.

I once stumbled across a tweet ranting against my party, that I was 99% certain, from the specifics of the complaint and the location of the complainer, was based on my own personal refusal to hold up an anarchist's Iron Front banner for him. Funnily enough, the three arrows didn't even enter into my decision, instead I had refused because I was on security duty, and we were outnumbered by the off-brand proud boys the anarchists were doing their best to start a brawl with in front of the cops, but he sure was mad about my "sectarianism"

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Sep 27, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Starsfan posted:

**Oh I'm assuming by weapons inspector you mean that Scott Ritter clown, I don't really put alot of stock in what he says after he promised us tankies last year that Putin had an army 200,000 strong ready to go in Belarus to close off the Ukrainian / Polish border.

yeah, you gotta take the stuff he says with a grain of salt.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Ukraine - The White House is helping Ukraine to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of various organizations and sectors in the Ukrainian government.

White House Sends Letter Outlining Reforms for Kyiv to Get Financial Aid
by Kateryna Zakharchenko
September 27, 2023, 8:58 am

The White House sent a letter that delineates reforms that Ukrainian authorities need to implement to receive further financial assistance from the US, the EU, G7 nations and international organizations such as the World Bank.

According to Ukrainska Pravda, Mike Pyle, Deputy White House National Security Adviser for International Economics, sent the letter to Ukraine’s Presidential Office, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal, and the multi-agency Donor Coordination Platform organizing financial aid from a variety of international sources.

The required changes are aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of various organizations and sectors in the Ukrainian government.

These organizations include the Supervisory Boards of State Enterprises, anti-corruption bodies (SAP, NABU, NAZK), the High Council of Justice, and the judicial branch as a whole. Reforms in the Ministry of Defense and all law enforcement agencies would also be required.

The changes are divided into different stages: from 0 to 3 months, 3 to 6 months, one year and 18 months.

For the first three months the reforms include:

● Strengthen the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAP): regulate organizational activities, clarify the relationship between the Prosecutor General and the head of the SAP.

● National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU): Increase investigators to 300, give NABU the right to wiretap and maintain the bureau’s independence.

● Complete the restart of the High Council of Justice (WRP): Create a Disciplinary Inspectors Service with the direct participation of independent inspectors.

● National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption (NAZK): Ensure the independent selection of the head of the agency.

● Restore disclosure requirements for assets and financial statements: Restore mandatory asset declarations for all civil servants and judges and simplify this process.

Ukrainian lawmaker Yaroslav Zheleznyak said the letter was addressed not only to Ukraine, but also to the Donor Coordination Platform, a group of organizations including the EU, G7 governments and the main international financial organizations, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank, the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Finance Corporation.

He said the next logical step is to synchronize all requirements in memoranda and financing conditions. In principle this means "money in exchange for reforms," said Zheleznyak.

According to him, the aid of $42 billion from the various donors depends on satisfying these requirements.

The letter also would require the process of selection of the management of the State Customs Service to ensure a transparent and professional-based process that involves the participation of international experts.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

poles know what it’s like to be taught how to read

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Ukraine - President Volodymyr Zelensky has appointed Andriy Shevchenko, an ex-professional footballer and manager, as an external advisor.

https://kyivindependent.com/zelensky-appoints-andriy-shevchenko-as-adviser/

Zelensky appoints Andriy Shevchenko as adviser
by Elsa Court
September 26, 2023 11:51 PM
1 min read

President Volodymyr Zelensky has appointed Andriy Shevchenko, an ex-professional footballer and manager, as an external advisor, according to a presidential decree published on Sept. 26 (https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/5892023-48233).

The decree gave no further details about Shevchenko's new role.

During his football career, Shevchenko played for Dynamo Kyiv, A.C. Milan, and Chelsea. He's won the UEFA Champions League with A.C. Milan in 2003, and was awarded the Ballon d'Or, the most prestigious individual football award, in 2004.

He's considered one of the best Ukrainian football players of all time.

Shevchenko also coached Ukraine's national football team from 2016 to 2021, and the Italian club Genoa in the 2021-22 season.

Under Shevchenko's leadership Ukraine's national football team reached the quarter-finals at the 2020 UEFA European Football Championship, its best result to date.

In May 2022, Shevchenko became an ambassador for Ukraine's UNITED24 fundraising platform.

https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/5892023-48233

DECREE OF THE PRESIDENT OF UKRAINE No. 589/2023
About the appointment of A. Shevchenko as Advisor to the President of Ukraine

To appoint Andrii Mykolayovych SHEVCHENKA as Advisor to the President of Ukraine (out of state).

President of Ukraine V.ZELENSKY

September 26, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starsfan posted:

I'm sure I saw first hand accounts coming from the Ukrainians along the lines of "we don't understand why the Russians are fighting tooth and nail for these backwater hamlets, we figured they would just put up a performative resistance and then pull back to their actual defense lines"

That's what the expectation was from the west i'll bet - the Russians fortified 15-20 km behind the current front, so we'll take those 15-20km as an easy win in the media and claim that Ukraine's offensive was successful cause it drove the Russians backwards and liberated all those thousands of square miles of land filled with hundreds of small villages. Only thing that makes sense to me.

Me, a certified mega genius, after spending two years boasting about destroying Russia, killing everyone in it and how they're inhuman orcs that don't deserve basic humanitarian considerations but instead full ethnic cleansing:

Huh. I don't understand why they're fighting tooth and nail as though their lives depended on it. This is a surprise.

Personally I can only mourn the loss of so many Einstein grade future Ukranian branch waffen SS scientists in this tragic conflict.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DancingShade posted:

Actually we were saluting Caesar in the traditional Roman way. Due to some confusion onlookers may have thought we were all doing Nazi salutes. Simple mistake really.

No no, they were bellamy salutes

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/paulimeth/status/1706807799911682079

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SmartUACat/status/1706660043591237654

geraniums are surprisingly tough against small autocannons

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

OctaMurk posted:

Somali state-affiliated media

?

PawParole has issued a correction as of 08:28 on Sep 27, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/SmartUACat/status/1706660043591237654

geraniums are surprisingly tough against small autocannons

Bolt action rifle with scope, training, leading and good breathing technique: Nah.
(or a hunting shotgun with bird shot)

Autocannons with tons of bullets, iron sights and hooting & hollaring: Yeah.

Too high you say? Climb a tree :colbert:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Look Ukraine you're not getting another patriot battery to shoot flying lawnmowers after what you did with the last couple. Figure it out. Adapt and overcome, I believe is what the high speed low drag operators would say.

Also check out my new MIC startup that sells a giant spring loaded catapult that launches giant nets into the air. Yours for a surprisingly high bargain price.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

fizzy posted:

Good news for Ukraine - The White House is helping Ukraine to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of various organizations and sectors in the Ukrainian government.

White House Sends Letter Outlining Reforms for Kyiv to Get Financial Aid
by Kateryna Zakharchenko
September 27, 2023, 8:58 am

The White House sent a letter that delineates reforms that Ukrainian authorities need to implement to receive further financial assistance from the US, the EU, G7 nations and international organizations such as the World Bank.

According to Ukrainska Pravda, Mike Pyle, Deputy White House National Security Adviser for International Economics, sent the letter to Ukraine’s Presidential Office, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal, and the multi-agency Donor Coordination Platform organizing financial aid from a variety of international sources.

The required changes are aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of various organizations and sectors in the Ukrainian government.

These organizations include the Supervisory Boards of State Enterprises, anti-corruption bodies (SAP, NABU, NAZK), the High Council of Justice, and the judicial branch as a whole. Reforms in the Ministry of Defense and all law enforcement agencies would also be required.

The changes are divided into different stages: from 0 to 3 months, 3 to 6 months, one year and 18 months.

For the first three months the reforms include:

● Strengthen the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAP): regulate organizational activities, clarify the relationship between the Prosecutor General and the head of the SAP.

● National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU): Increase investigators to 300, give NABU the right to wiretap and maintain the bureau’s independence.

● Complete the restart of the High Council of Justice (WRP): Create a Disciplinary Inspectors Service with the direct participation of independent inspectors.

● National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption (NAZK): Ensure the independent selection of the head of the agency.

● Restore disclosure requirements for assets and financial statements: Restore mandatory asset declarations for all civil servants and judges and simplify this process.

Ukrainian lawmaker Yaroslav Zheleznyak said the letter was addressed not only to Ukraine, but also to the Donor Coordination Platform, a group of organizations including the EU, G7 governments and the main international financial organizations, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank, the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Finance Corporation.

He said the next logical step is to synchronize all requirements in memoranda and financing conditions. In principle this means "money in exchange for reforms," said Zheleznyak.

According to him, the aid of $42 billion from the various donors depends on satisfying these requirements.

The letter also would require the process of selection of the management of the State Customs Service to ensure a transparent and professional-based process that involves the participation of international experts.

I got a feeling that anti-corruption drives at this point will just lead to even more score settling purges since everyone is corrupt and all that matters is who is on top. Also, a lot of low corruption happens in Ukraine and post-Soviet countries just because wages are often too low, and any quest for purity is going to lead to failure because no one is going to want to work just a wage that doesn't allow them to survive (and usually their bosses are even more corrupt and can afford to hand out some scapegoats to protect their own fief).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i say swears online posted:

lmao i have the worst friends

lol "making up narratives" reminds me of when the pentagon said there was chinese balloon didn't do any spying in the US and the instant assumption in the d&d china thread was that it was because it was jammed, despite not a single mention of it.

there has be some formal fallacy term for when someone says because something is possible, it's therefore true.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

BearsBearsBears posted:

Are you still talking about the Doctor's plot? Because even Wikipedia acknowledges that Jews weren't rounded up and sent to labour camps. There's a lot of hearsay and claims about a plan to do so but no actual documents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctors%27_plot#Alleged_planned_deportation_of_Jews

I remember checking the Wikipedia sources for the "alleged coming genocide" and most of them were very sus, as in the best were hearsay usually from a single source, and the worst came from people who had moved on to accusing Obama of a genocide of Jewish people. Made a post in the old thread that I can't find at the moment, but doesn't look like the article has improved much since.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Russia - They are delving ever deeper into the dark arts of necromancy. Repent, Russia! Repent and turn back before it's too late!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08e6e1e6634722

Black Sea fleet commander seen on video again
Pjotr Sauer
48m ago

Russia’s military news outlet Zvezda on Wednesday published an interview with Black Sea fleet commander Viktor Sokolov, despite Ukraine claiming to have killed him in an attack on the fleet’s headquarters in Sevastopol.

“The Black Sea Fleet carries out the tasks set by the command confidently and successfully,” Sokolov says in the short video, wearing a military uniform.

On Tuesday, Russia’s defence ministry released footage showing Sokolov attending a defence board meeting via video call.

In response to the Russian video, Ukraine’s special forces appeared to backtrack their earlier claims that Sokolov was killed, writing on Telegram: “Since the Russians were urgently forced to publish a response with Sokolov allegedly alive, our units are clarifying the information.”

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Ukraine - A new Russian offensive is unlikely in the coming weeks

https://kyivindependent.com/uk-defense-ministry-new-russian-offensive-unlikely-in-coming-weeks/

UK Defense Ministry: New Russian offensive unlikely in coming weeks
by Martin Fornusek
September 27, 2023 10:14 AM
2 min read

Russia has begun deploying units of its fresh 25th Combined Arms Army "piecemeal" to reinforce the over-stretched lines, indicating that a new Russian offensive is unlikely in the coming weeks, the U.K. Defense Ministry said in its latest intelligence report on Sept. 27.

The ministry pointed out that Russia had "only rarely maintained an uncommitted army-size grouping which could potentially form the basis of a major new offensive thrust" since the start of the full-scale invasion.

The report noted that since mid-September, Moscow had most likely started committing elements of the 25th Army to action for the first time. Russia started building the new formation earlier this year to "add depth to its ground forces" in Ukraine, the U.K. ministry said.

Forces of the 67th Motor Rifle Division and the 164th Separate Motor Rifle Brigade are reportedly fighting west of Sievierodonetsk and Kreminna along the border between Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, the ministry said.

Russia began concentrating its forces in the northeastern part of Ukraine since the summer, trying to take back initiative as Ukraine pushes forward on the southern front and around Bakhmut.

Ukrainian troops in Kreminna, a town in Luhansk Oblast not far from the administrative border with Donetsk Oblast, have sustained a particularly heavy onslaught by Russian forces.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks!

Ardennes posted:

The total killings by the Nazis were 12-18 million.

Was in this thread or another where someone posted academic sources for the total number of people who died (i.e. not just executed) while passing through the Gulag system across its history numbering around 1 million?

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for ethnic minorities and Russian-speakers in Ukraine - They are convenient scapegoats for Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ar-us-thinktank

In a post on Telegram, Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has commented on the arrest of people accused of helping Russia guide missile strikes on Kyiv. He wrote it was “a good signal to all traitors: there will be retribution.”

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Remember the first months of the war when they were shooting up ambulances full of 'collaborators'

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for the fall of Zelensky's image where he wears the blame for personally ordering a couple million Ukranian men to their unwilling deaths.

Mussolini killed what, 400k?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

I can't wait for the fall of Zelensky's image where he wears the blame for personally ordering a couple million Ukranian men to their unwilling deaths.

at least in the west zelensky will be celebrated as a hard man making hard choices, hth

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cerebral Bore posted:

at least in the west zelensky will be celebrated as a hard man making hard choices, hth

depends if the West want him as the fall guy for the military failures of Ukraine.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
always remember that the point never was to to help ukraine, it was to hurt russia

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Ukraine - Ukraine is sufficiently out of fashion that there are starting to be cracks in the sports and cultural ostracism of Russia

Uefa ends blanket ban on Russian teams by allowing under-17 sides to compete
Nick Ames
Tue 26 Sep 2023
16.46 BST

Uefa has decided to end its blanket ban on Russian teams by allowing the country’s under-17 sides into its competitions from this season.

All Russian teams, at club and international levels, have been barred from Uefa events since Russia’s illegal invasion of Ukraine in February 2022. But plans are being drawn up to partially relax those rules and allow minors to compete, using the justification that children should not be punished for the actions of adults.

“It is particularly aggrieving that, due to the enduring conflict, a generation of minors is deprived of its right to compete in international football,” a Uefa statement read.

“For these reasons, the Uefa executive committee has decided that Russian teams of minor players will be readmitted to its competitions in the course of this season.”

The executive committee – which still lists the Russian Football Union president, Alexander Dyukov, among its number – announced plans to seek a solution that would allow Russian under-17 teams, in the men’s and women’s games, to play even when draws have already been held. In one high-profile example it could leave the door open for Russia to belatedly enter the Uefa Under-17 Championship qualifiers, which begin on Wednesday and conclude in late November.

Any matches contested by Russian sides will be played without their national flag, anthem or kit. The ban on continental games being played on Russian territory also remains in force.

The Uefa president, Aleksander Ceferin, appeared to assuage fears of a wider return by ruling out any further softening of the ban. “Uefa’s continuing suspension against Russian adult teams reflects its commitment to take a stand against violence and aggression,” he said.

“Uefa is determined that this position will continue until the war is over and peace restored. But by banning children from our competitions, we not only fail to recognise and uphold a fundamental right for their holistic development but we directly discriminate against them.”

It remains to be seen whether Fifa, the global governing body, will take a similar stance and permit Russia’s under-17 sides to play in global events.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It goes back and forth, some estimates go up to 1.6 million, about 700k or that was from 1941-1943 when food supplies were strapped.

quote:

. Roughly 68 percent of the food consumed during war, however, was provided by rations, and from 1942 to the end of 1943, the rations hit their lowest point. Starvation struck the Soviet Union; in eastern industrial towns, starvation tuberculosis became the single most cause for population deaths. For the first time, doctors began to understand starvation as a disease divided into separate stages. By 1943, mortality by starvation reached its peak; even when food supply improved, starvation diseases began to reach stages of irreversibility.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

At the end of the day, pushing hardcore Ukrainian jingoism and valorising anyone remotely 1930s Political was always going to risk a break with Poland. Glad Canada was around to trip over its own rear end to make it happen though.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

The Voice of Labor posted:

the a stands for air superiority fighter.

still dubious, is modern radar and targeting stuff able to deal with planes flying tree top level?

A stands for Attack, as in ground attack doesn't it? IIRC the F-117 should have been the A-117 but they felt the more accurate designation was beneath the dignity of the plane

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
it is attack yes

it's fallen out of fashion now every plane has to be able to do everything, thus ensuring the cost per plane is huge

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

it stands for rear end and the f stands for gently caress

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

crepeface posted:

lol yea. print out a year's worth of FF and gradenko's history posts and carry it around in a giant rubbish bag as a reference and you'd be indistinguishable from the people who rant about lizard people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
well well well, looks like we've got a case of russian misinformation