Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

Check the history of the taskmaster wiki page if you want to know the s17 lineup.

I honestly don't know any of them apart from one who I sort of know from the odd appearance on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

dr_rat posted:

I just checked. Oh god, they've done a Bill and Ted and grabbed five contestants from throughout history!
In all seriousness, I honestly never believed they'd get Richard Pryor, John Candy, Buster Keaton, Rik Mayall and Peter Sellers...

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Joanne McNally

John Robins

Nick Mohamed

Sophie Willan

Steve Pemberton

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I honestly don't know any of them apart from one who I sort of know from the odd appearance on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

The only other name I recognise is Steve Pemberton from Inside No. 9/League of Gentlemen. He’s not someone I'd have ever expected to be on TM so I’m really looking forward to seeing how he does.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

In all seriousness, I honestly never believed they'd get Richard Pryor, John Candy, Buster Keaton, Rik Mayall and Peter Sellers...

Currently building a time machine to get 80’s Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson on TM

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Well, I can't wait for one of those names very specifically and how much they'll absolutely fall apart

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
One of them used to live with the Taskmaster warm up guy, wonder if he had any stories pre-record

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Knowing nothing of them before Ted Lasso, I can only imagine the character of Nate The Great stumbling through it all.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ohTMlEEDA

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

thehustler posted:

Well, I can't wait for one of those names very specifically and how much they'll absolutely fall apart

He kinda just sits there meekly

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have heard of none of the Season 17 cast.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've heard of one of them but I can never remember which League of Gentlemen is which.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Seriously can we not talk about next seasons cast while we are only 1 ep into the current one? The constant black bars are annoying and some arsehole is going to slip and post them non spoilered..

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
I can't fathom why upcoming cast should be spoilered at all. Episode specifics for sure, but just their names? WTF

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Some people (myself included) want to wait for them to be officially revealed.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Slyphic posted:

I can't fathom why upcoming cast should be spoilered at all. Episode specifics for sure, but just their names? WTF

The reveal of the next cast at the end of the series is exciting and fun.

That said I looked and I'm pretty happy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Slyphic posted:

I don't get it either, but then I don't get why anything should be spoilered.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

For whatever reason, Little Alex Horne & co decided that the lineups should remain secret until they do the reveal at the end of a season, and ask everyone at the recordings to keep stum. The community seem to have largely bought to it and 'don't reveal the cast' has become the accepted stance. The gatekeeping in places like r/taskmaster is strong.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Pablo Bluth posted:

The community seem to have largely bought to it and 'don't reveal the cast' has become the accepted stance. The gatekeeping in places like r/taskmaster is strong.

Well how else are you going to get the Full Five Points?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pablo Bluth posted:

For whatever reason, Little Alex Horne & co decided that the lineups should remain secret until they do the reveal at the end of a season, and ask everyone at the recordings to keep stum. The community seem to have largely bought to it and 'don't reveal the cast' has become the accepted stance. The gatekeeping in places like r/taskmaster is strong.

I can kind of understand why during an ongoing season they might want to keep quiet about it since they probably would prefer the fans to be talking about what's going on with the show right now rather than seeing a lineup and then spending all their time talking about how good the next season is going to be.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

I will categorically forget who the next people are before the announcement at the end of the current season. Given I hadn't heard of many of them, they might as well be called John Smith.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

Alex has always said he's not keen on a losers series as it would encourage badness in the wrong way.

Clearly the solution is to get the people who were next to last instead.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Should at least be interesting to see how they handle non-English characters for seating order. I'm loving with you. Maybe. It doesn't matter, you're not going to enjoy any of this an iota less. 'No Spoilers!' is a decades long advertising pavlovian response you've been conditioned to that ruins discussion threads.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I don't care about spoiling the next cast but I really don't enjoy the thread being about the next season while the current season is just beginning. I'm in excited for the next episode mode here.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr Beens posted:

Seriously can we not talk about next seasons cast while we are only 1 ep into the current one? The constant black bars are annoying and some arsehole is going to slip and post them non spoilered..

Yeah, when people knew the current line up well before it was announced there was a "don't post it here, go find the info yourself and keep it to yourself" thing going on in this thread, so we could just focus on the current season and people who didn't want it spoiled wouldn't have to worry.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I need to find a way to work “It’s quite hard work for an aging homosexual” into my everyday life. I love this cast and I enjoy the old, queer vibes Julian emanates by his very existence. The cast in general seems pretty unhinged and I hope the season continues as it started.

EDIT: Also, is no one going to mention how Lucy said “We could use a saw :D” when she thought they didn’t have scissors?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
as soon as episode 2 is out people will talk about that and next seasons cast won't get a look in. thread sanctity will be restored

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
can't believe I said season rather than series. gently caress you americans!!!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

jimmydalad posted:

I need to find a way to work “It’s quite hard work for an aging homosexual” into my everyday life. I love this cast and I enjoy the old, queer vibes Julian emanates by his very existence. The cast in general seems pretty unhinged and I hope the season continues as it started.

Julian's voice is so soothing to me, it's like being told a bedtime story by the queen.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well, by a queen.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well, by a queen.

Queens are far better when they're not royals.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I’m sorry to bring back some future season talk, but I had to share this (even if it comes from Reddit).

https://reddit.com/r/taskmaster/s/HXQTjBy47u

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Sorry for future series chat, but there's there is apprently a clue in today's guardian crossword....

https://www.reddit.com/r/taskmaster/comments/16tf0n7/has_a_future_contestant_revealed_themselves/

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Haven't they already been leaked? Why are people still guessing?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Guessing is a lot easier if you already know the results.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

dr_rat posted:

Haven't they already been leaked? Why are people still guessing?
I'm guessing, because of anti-spoiler puritans suppressing discussion of known facts.

Anyone care to hazard a guess at where the hidden task issecreted? My money is either behind the portrait, or in the oven.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Slyphic posted:

I'm guessing, because of anti-spoiler puritans suppressing discussion of known facts.

Anyone care to hazard a guess at where the hidden task issecreted? My money is either behind the portrait, or in the oven.

Alex Horne’s jacket. Someone will need to wrestle him for it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Sorry for future series chat, but there's there is apprently a clue in today's guardian crossword....

https://www.reddit.com/r/taskmaster/comments/16tf0n7/has_a_future_contestant_revealed_themselves/

Alright this is pretty funny and I'm excited to see the context.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

In case anyone else also forgot I just now remembered that the Taskmaster Podcast exists because they stopped doing it until this last episode when they brought it back. So there's a episode of the podcast waiting for you if you like to listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The podcast mostly reminded me that I find everyone on s15 very funny and very charming but for some reason it just didn't end up gelling