Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the milk machine posted:

bg3 take: the underdark is boring

yeah but if you do it and then the shadow lands you are too buff for everything until halfway through act 3.
it would have been cool to force the player to chose one or the other like witcher 2 maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

every job i take in CYBERPUNK ends in a shootout bloodbath

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Popy posted:

every job i take in CYBERPUNK ends in a shootout bloodbath

cop spotted

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Whirling posted:

If we're talking about worst levels in a video game, my submission is the High Road in Crash Bandicoot 1: I don't think I've ever been angrier than when I was playing that level as a kid, trying to angle the extremely high jumps so that Crash would land on the thinnest little plank of wood possible.

I can think of a bunch but the standout would have to be the final level of Driver for PS1. Dodging towncars that go twice your speed in a limo on ice that only affects you.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

cop spotted

As previously mentioned the original main character for the game was going to be an ubercop.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

the milk machine posted:

bg3 take: the underdark is boring

concerning

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Whirling posted:

If we're talking about worst levels in a video game, my submission is the High Road in Crash Bandicoot 1: I don't think I've ever been angrier than when I was playing that level as a kid, trying to angle the extremely high jumps so that Crash would land on the thinnest little plank of wood possible.

lmao i know exactly what you're talking about and even playing the remaster made me go back to that kid I was being in near loving tears out of frustration.

Until I realized you can just jump on the ropes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Whirling posted:

this level fuckin' sucked

although not the worst. i dont remember getting that much into trouble on it

it's kinda funny how much people say "omfg From games are so hard! its just pure masochism!" and it's like, they're actually really generous and you can just brute-force victory by unga-bungaing. meanwhile a shitton of genesis and early psx games were loving insanely hard. like the Taz-Mania mine cart level

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have achieved starborn status and have uninstalled the game. My hard drive didn't really clear the space so now I gotta rummage around in my files to find out where it is hiding.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Now I have to relive all this Jackie trauma again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

KirbyKhan posted:

I have achieved starborn status and have uninstalled the game. My hard drive didn't really clear the space so now I gotta rummage around in my files to find out where it is hiding.

I think im about a few hours behind you in doing the same lol. at least i hope so, im losing steam but seems like end is really close. doing one of the final pilgrim hut thingys

definitely uninstalling right as soon as the credits roll to re-install CP2077

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Xaris posted:

this level fuckin' sucked

although not the worst. i dont remember getting that much into trouble on it

it's kinda funny how much people say "omfg From games are so hard! its just pure masochism!" and it's like, they're actually really generous and you can just brute-force victory by unga-bungaing. meanwhile a shitton of genesis and early psx games were loving insanely hard. like the Taz-Mania mine cart level

even the loving Crash levels where you're running toward the screen are more difficult than any From game

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Buddykins posted:

even the loving Crash levels where you're running toward the screen are more difficult than any From game

JFC that reminded me of the level in Lego Star wars where you do the same thing as the environment falls into lava all around you

I'm just trying to relax and play something easy assholes

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

matteo donated your drive space to a jupiter probe he thinks is sapient

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

magiccarpet posted:

HE WAS MAH BOY4LYFE WITH A BEAUTIFUL SOUL

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

4LYFE being all of 6 months.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i -guess- this is an acceptable amount of cute nail colors...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

update: Switching to Candorous and Bastila for some more interactions was a good call lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

magiccarpet posted:

He just wanted to be a night city legend :cry:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm playing a max cool street kid who's hot and capable, but going to eat poo poo in battle probably

going to try and manipumax my way to being the empress of night city

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

https://twitter.com/SynthPotato/status/1706641077992575435?s=20

lol, especially at Johnny's reaction

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lostconfused posted:

Isn't a demigod supposed to be at least level 20? Those characters were just bluffing probably when they said they were a demigod or something.

I mean the level scaling is completely off, they're constantly doing level 20 poo poo at level 10-12

like that one lady can teleport at will, that ring would be easily an artifact and adventure in itself

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I liked the Underdark but it should of been way more dangerous

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

I liked the Underdark but it should of been way more dangerous

yeah, feel like the patch of it you go through was pretty tame compared to my readings (Dark Elf trilogy), so I really hope they revisit it hard in expansions or sequels

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
idk much D&D lore but just from the way they talk about it in-game it seemed like it should of been Moria on steroids, trolls and balrogs around every other corner

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i forgot how loving great the "you and Jackie on the grind" montage is, holy hell

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Nix Panicus posted:

Karlach bursts into flame and has to go back to hell at the end of the game even if you do all the upgrades. Wyll and the player can both choose to go with her though. Being Doom Guy and marauding through hell with her buddies is as close to a good ending as she gets

There is another way to save her that doesn't require returning to hell.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
not gonna lie, after two hours the cyberpunk dlc isn't a 10 for me

the free patch did way more to make me play the game again, even though it also has its quirks (enter abandoned building, find lockers full of legendary items, but they're all clothes)

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Does the dlc add anything to the base game that the free patch doesn't? New guns or equipment or vehicles? Not sure how much I care about a new area, especially if it is a standalone theme park type of experience. I never finished the base game so there's still some to explore.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Cyberpunk is the perfect game for me to fall into after spending a month living BG3

it's visceral and hands on and a bit janky and fun to lose yourself in, just watching videos and listening to newscasts or wandering around looking at poo poo

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

my heart only has space for one open world jackie and his name is jackie ma

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvzfEgG0q7E

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

cyberpunk seems pretty cool one hour in. I like that I'm friends with the dickhead who tried to rob me. dlss is like a silver bullet for framerate at 4k, it's wild.

is there any shader bullshit I can get going to make it look better?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you can pet the cat in Cyberpunk 2077

there's a bunch of small cool little touches that I noticed even just in the first hour or so of a new game:

- the first locked door you encounter has to be hacked, which introduces the utility and use of hacking far better than in the pre-2.0 flow

- there's a balcony that you can use to outflank the gang leader in the first real combat encounter, which introduces hacking in-combat as something you can do

- when you're getting your first cyberware mods from Vik the Ripperdoc, you can actually buy an additional modification or two, beyond the eye and hand implant, if you have the cash for it (and picking up the weapons from that first gang encounter is enough to yield a couple thou)

I bring it up because you don't usually get a revamp that reaches so far back into the game to improve even the tutorial section, but this one did

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

matteo donated your drive space to a jupiter probe he thinks is sapient

Juno is more sapient than the average UC-Sysdef employee.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

palindrome posted:

Does the dlc add anything to the base game that the free patch doesn't? New guns or equipment or vehicles?

yeah tons of new Iconics, legendary cyberware, and Cars

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

love how everytime i talk to or help the cops myt street cred goes up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lpzie posted:

love how everytime i talk to or help the cops myt street cred goes up.

21 Cyberpunk Street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm playing Warframe. I'm sticking endos in my chakras.

When do I get a new frame?