Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Zetsubou-san posted:

Steam Thread: hardcore valve swiveling

Yeah, that's what I mean. Those reviews are loving brutal. Calling a Cyan game sterile is possibly the absolute worst thing you can call a Cyan game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
God drat.

I landed the killing blow on the final boss of Chrono Trigger. Only to have the game crash to desktop.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
working as intended

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

OhFunny posted:

God drat.

I landed the killing blow on the final boss of Chrono Trigger. Only to have the game crash to desktop.
The future refused to change.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Squiggle posted:

FrickenMoron I love you but I want to username/post combo you so badly and I'm afraid it won't seem good-natured

It's fine, I was a dumbass and got lucky that my account wasn't fully compromised. I still don't quite understand what the goal of this kind of phishing was, because they things you can do from the steam website are quite limited. I had no funds in my account or saved payment details and also no tf2/CSGO items of value to hand out to someone else.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

TeaJay posted:

I don't know if it was talked previously but this Jacob Geller's video put Wanted: Dead on my radar and made me want to eventually try it out, if not for all the unique strange things and design choices they put into making this game.

https://youtu.be/GS5NeNglQYw?si=yWeM210a-iONRbAC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1981610/Wanted_Dead/

I wanted to like it but it just wasn’t well executed. Good video, though.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mordja posted:

This you?

No, but this post did give me a nightmare. Good job?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Antigravitas posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Those reviews are loving brutal. Calling a Cyan game sterile is possibly the absolute worst thing you can call a Cyan game.

I didn't play it, but I did watch a few people streaming it. Near the end you do a thing and it triggers one of the "characters on the radio", and I thought not only did it sound like an AI reading it, it sounded like an AI wrote it. It goes on for like 15 minutes non-stop, and it's the most bizarre, endless, word-salad philosophizing bullshit you have ever head.

If an AI read/write it, that sucks, but in the off chance a human wrote it... JESUS CHRIST. Put down your pen and never write again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TeaJay posted:

I don't know if it was talked previously but this Jacob Geller's video put Wanted: Dead on my radar and made me want to eventually try it out, if not for all the unique strange things and design choices they put into making this game.

I have finished Wanted: Dead (which is not a huge accomplishment, there are only 5 levels) and I can say.. it is not a very good game. But it is a very memorable one. Full of bizarre choices, ambitious in places yet extremely cheap at the same time, just a total hodgepodge of design.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

It's fine, I was a dumbass and got lucky that my account wasn't fully compromised. I still don't quite understand what the goal of this kind of phishing was, because they things you can do from the steam website are quite limited. I had no funds in my account or saved payment details and also no tf2/CSGO items of value to hand out to someone else.

They are probably selling hacked accounts en masse. They might be used for draining wallets/items, or more likely to launder money by trading items on 3rd party steam marketplace sites

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Next Sony game to hit PC appears to be Horizon 2 in “early 2024”

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420110/Horizon_Forbidden_West_Complete_Edition/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I understand people were pretty underwhelmed with the sequel? I definitely enjoyed playing the first one so I still have high hopes that I'll enjoy the second. Plus it's another opportunity to see Lance Reddick :unsmith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TeaJay posted:

i couldn't get it to run decently, so i refunded it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More like

Horizon Poo

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Cool I guess but my preference remains for Sony to port across some of their smaller scale stuff. Lets get Wipeout Omega Collection and Resogun on there, or start liberating some poo poo from the shackles of the PS3 like Tokyo Jungle.

It likely won't happen because this isn't who 2023 Sony are and I don't think they give a poo poo about any of that older stuff, but I think a lot of Sony's history of more esoteric releases would find nice homes on Steam.

Oh, and not that Sony control this but somebody definitely needs to speak to Namco about a Ridge Racer collection. Or even just a port of Type 4. With MGS1 and Tomb Raider collections on the way and Tony Hawks 1+2 launching next week, my Steam library/Deck is Ridge Racer and Wipeout away from being a portable PS1 (although at least Ballisticng picks up some slack on the latter).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Bumhead posted:

Cool I guess but my preference remains for Sony to port across some of their smaller scale stuff. Lets get Wipeout Omega Collection and Resogun on there, or start liberating some poo poo from the shackles of the PS3 like Tokyo Jungle.

Edmond Dantes posted:

God, I'd murder someone for an Omega Collection port for pc.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I understand people were pretty underwhelmed with the sequel? I definitely enjoyed playing the first one so I still have high hopes that I'll enjoy the second. Plus it's another opportunity to see Lance Reddick :unsmith:

The big complaints I heard were "more of the same" and "not elden ring" so I'm anticipating another great game with excellent writing and production value

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I expect the two most common complaints with the game (Aloy gives too many hints, weapons take too many parts to upgrade) will probably be modded out on PC pretty much right away.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I liked forbidden west at least as much as the first game, and the conversations are much much better this time around because they mocapped literally every single conversation in the game the absolute madlads.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

man i'm digging the new cyberpunk, just raided some horrible people with my best bud judy and shot/exploded them all

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

sebmojo posted:

man i'm digging the new cyberpunk, just raided some horrible people with my best bud judy and shot/exploded them all

I can't decide if I want to buy the DLC or not, still just casually replaying the base game.

And my main take away from CP77 this time around is just "Goddamn it's actually pathetic how bad dialog interactions were in Starfield".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If it matters to you, the new DLC also adds new cars to the streets, even before the new area.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I just remember the Game Blogger circuit writing a few tens of thousands of words about how the colors were too good and it was overwhelming or something

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and they were right. clown makeup environmental design. garish, no cohesion

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I played a couple of hours of Horizon 1 and if you told me that it was a Ubisoft game (derogatory) then I wouldn't even have questioned that.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just think it'll be very funny if it manages to launch with the Elden Ring DLC and gets overshadowed by the same game twice.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

I just remember the Game Blogger circuit writing a few tens of thousands of words about how the colors were too good and it was overwhelming or something

the game having detective vision is basically an admission that the art direction is too busy to tell what's important without that crutch

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Anno posted:

Next Sony game to hit PC appears to be Horizon 2 in “early 2024”

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420110/Horizon_Forbidden_West_Complete_Edition/

Before Ghost of Tsushima? :(

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Loved horizon zero dawn. Gonna play some horizon forbidden west in 2024.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What the detective vision was for tracks you couldn’t see normally and info about the robots.

It had literally nothing to do with the environment or whatever

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

> how should we indicate that a surface is climbable
> idk just put some detective vision poo poo on there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcMjJnWJGA0

Orv
May 4, 2011
You're right, there is a better way to do things.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Paint the edge yellow

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not bringing up an Epic rant anything but while I am disappointed that Alan Wake II is exclusive, I am banking on the first Remastered game being a freebie the week it releases.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not bringing up an Epic rant anything but while I am disappointed that Alan Wake II is exclusive, I am banking on the first Remastered game being a freebie the week it releases.

That'd be a curious way to make money.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

repiv posted:

> how should we indicate that a surface is climbable
> idk just put some detective vision poo poo on there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcMjJnWJGA0

Leal posted:

Paint the edge yellow

They are, you just have to press a button and paint it yourself. It's called immersion sweaty

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Leal posted:

Paint the edge yellow

what did the guitarist from U2 do to you?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tired: climby walls
wired: free flight and/or mach speed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I literally do not care about ribbons on walls get an actual hobby Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
The best climbable ledge indicator has already been done (and thus probably patented) and it’s bird poo poo.