Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hopefully giannis escapes milwaukee before dame rubs too much fraud off on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lockback posted:

I think Phx panic traded for depth, or maybe Ayton is still sulking and they just wanted out.
Can't underestimate the importance of vibes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This is why you can’t have players being GM’s,because you give up a playoff piece for a stats guy because your star is mad that he has to make jumpshot sometimes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sneaking in a bullspost
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1707088137678188805?s=20

Lmao these guys have been together an eternity in the current nba

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Oh man I should have bought tickets to that bucks game I want to go to last week prices are gonna be sky-high now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eratik posted:

Hi Giannis we hope this shows our commitment to winning. You're good with losing half your touches, right?

What about Giannis makes you think he particularly cares about his touches.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

with the expected playtime of their other top stars phoenix is probably going to need someone who can absorb some touches for the regular season. maybe a large dude who could easily find space to work in the post?

The relationship between Ayton and the organization has been poisoned for two years and now Ayton, a former number one overall pick, is the fourth option instead of the third. You think the prospect of increased jump hook opportunities in February is gonna bring about reconciliation?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

big boi posted:

The relationship between Ayton and the organization has been poisoned for two years and now Ayton, a former number one overall pick, is the fourth option instead of the third. You think the prospect of increased jump hook opportunities in February is gonna bring about reconciliation?

Underestimating the power of hookshots

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are the Bucks the first team with two players who will consistently get the ball behind half court and take a shot within five steps

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Dexo posted:

What about Giannis makes you think he particularly cares about his touches.

Ah poo poo I forgot that all he cares about is winning. He even said it! My bad, this is going to go great.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The incantation has been completed he has risen

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

big boi posted:

The relationship between Ayton and the organization has been poisoned for two years and now Ayton's the fourth option instead of the third. You think the prospect of increased jump hook opportunities in February is gonna bring about reconciliation?

i will never learn anything about deandre ayton drama and you cant make me. if they want to give touches to braderick beal in 2023 over a dude who has only shot below 60% ts% once in his entire career then i dont think any personnel moves will fix what is broken

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Eratik posted:

Ah poo poo I forgot that all he cares about is winning. He even said it! My bad, this is going to go great.

Why are you creating a fan fic for that dude

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

big boi posted:

This. This!!

Nurkic and eubanks will be fine, I am mostly just ticked we gave up camara in this deal because I think he is going to be a valuable rotation player by next year. Glad we don’t give up any picks in this deal

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Can't underestimate the importance of vibes

Indeed, which is why dumping Grayson Allen has granted the Bucks another ring

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I remember when Greg Monroe signing with the Bucks was a big deal and now we do stuff like this it rocks so much

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eratik posted:

I mean, you can actually watch him play basketball. And see his decision making and know that he was more than willing to let Kris Middleton go off when Kris had it going.

And has consistently played pretty unselfish smart basketball, unless he had to "take over"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1707104205906063363

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Eat poo poo, miami

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/graysonjallen/status/1707103348896289089?s=46

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shook

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

OH WORD SON posted:

Eat poo poo, miami

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Really interesting move for Milwaukee. I like it. They've got Giannis and Brook, they can make up for Dame's shortcomings on defense.

stuker posted:

this has happened every offseason lmao, herro is gonna be the same player for better or worse

it's a pity cronin apparently won't deal with riley because i would absolutely love jrue in miami
The deal with Miami just wasn't there or maybe he would have, but maybe Miami could be in play for Jrue. He'd be a big upgrade from Gave Vincent. Maybe Philly could be a destination. I wonder how fast that can get done, are there any restrictions on them immediately flipping Jrue?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lmao, accusing the Bucks of tampering after all of the obvious discussions between Lillard and the Heat

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The tampering consulted of showing him Giannis and then saying "you and him" alongside endless Shaq and Kobe clips. Or Jokic and Jamal clips really.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

lol whaaaaaat

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Finally the Portland cancer got moved

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I just hollered the Dame news at the end of my last class and half the students fell out, what a moment

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

can butler get fined or suspended for that? that's a pretty...heavy insinuation.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/1525906892878254080?t=QFH-f2JNbCqYnvnipWwzaQ&s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jrue is making almost $40m, I have to imagine he's gotta be in the mix with Harden otherwise I have no idea where his contract would even fit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Congrats to Portland fans I didn't think the Suns were that stupid

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

"Ya'll didn't here it from me" lol

Jimmy Butler is one of the league's great snitches and at least he had the juice to say it himself instead of texting Rachel Nichols.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

giannis seems like a dude who would rather be playing defense and exclusively dunking on offense than a dude who cares about his touches. like dejan said he seems visibly upset when hes got to take jumpshots lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dame and Jimmy really just thought because they wanted to team up that it had to happen and now they're mad.

I wonder if Jimmy's source on this is Dame himself, like a Milwaukee front office person reached out to see if Dame would report or something but I don't even know what wouldn't be allowed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

abelwingnut posted:

can butler get fined or suspended for that? that's a pretty...heavy insinuation.

I mean, he's probably not wrong but it's an ah move because every team does it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Jrue is making almost $40m, I have to imagine he's gotta be in the mix with Harden otherwise I have no idea where his contract would even fit

Clippers are the most obvious landing spot, they have a lot expiring contracts in the $10-$20 mil range and are far enough from the Paul George trade that they have a few first rounders they're allowed to trade

Morris, Batum, and Plumlee are all expiring and are enough to match Jrue's salary

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 27, 2023

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dame and jimmy had to find out that they werent lebron like this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lockback posted:

I mean, he's probably not wrong but it's an ah move because every team does it.

BUT ONLY ONE TEAM GETS PUNISHED FOR IT, GIVE US OUR SECOND ROUNDER BACK SILVER YOU COWARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

lmao jimmy