Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

eh, I'll probably just wait until the third one is out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think this is the third one actually

Orv
May 4, 2011

PowerBeard posted:

Are we on DE_Dust 4 or 5 at this stage?

As if there will ever be any escape from 2

Orv
May 4, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Fourth

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

where's team fortress 3?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

they called the ninth cs cs2

Orv
May 4, 2011
God I forgot about Nexon Zombies

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Counter Strike 2: Episode 2: Part II

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Whelp, I guess it's time for Valve to kill the series now except for a single VR game made in like 15-20 years!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Gabe isn't going to kill his knife simulator.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's not even the first cs2

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's not even the first cs2

Yeah but that other one is Online, so

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What was that other CS successor being made without Valve called again? I think it had cars in it and I'm not sure it ever came out.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

valorant is the other new CS but there's no cars in that, no idea what you're thinking of

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyway, I'll probably install CS2, play a couple rounds of Gun Game, and then uninstall it for the next few years, as is my wont.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Condition Zero

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

What was that other CS successor being made without Valve called again? I think it had cars in it and I'm not sure it ever came out.

You're thinking of Tactical Intervention. It was not very good.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

repiv posted:

they called the ninth cs cs2

I'm Counter Strike Online 2, the one selling sexy waifu skins for the HL1 engine

Mordja posted:

Tactical Intervention, which had the best mode in the history of Tacticlol Shooters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlH5PFPB-Sw

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

repiv posted:

> how should we indicate that a surface is climbable
> idk just put some detective vision poo poo on there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcMjJnWJGA0

Less of an issue with art direction and color and more of the design team being cowards and finding the worst kind of middle ground between "climb everything" and "predetermined handholds" imaginable. The game is gorgeous and is full of contrasts but that climbing point is spot-on. Feels like the art team was operating on the idea that you'd be able to climb anything but then it was decided at the last moment to limit what the player could climb.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Assepoester posted:

I'm Counter Strike Online 2, the one selling sexy waifu skins for the HL1 engine

I'm the deagle conveniently covering the cleavage

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

counter strike nexon zombies
doo da! doo da!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Macichne Leainig posted:

Don't wanna hip-fire an accidental discharge

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Macichne Leainig posted:

Deaglletage

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
The Ashley look-a-like is just terrible. If it's cold enough to wear a scarf than you should first have fully covered up your upper chest. Example, if your arms and legs are cold its better to insulate your torso first because that's the point where body heat collects to send to your extremities.

Some real "all I know is California weather" energy from the artist going on there.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

E. Revenant posted:

The Ashley look-a-like is just terrible. If it's cold enough to wear a scarf than you should first have fully covered up your upper chest. Example, if your arms and legs are cold its better to insulate your torso first because that's the point where body heat collects to send to your extremities.

Some real "all I know is California weather" energy from the artist going on there.
Some truly amazing character designs and character bios in this game

https://csonline2.net/characters/counter-terrorists/

https://csonline2.net/characters/terrorists/

"Untiladulthood" is quite the name for a mercenary terrorist group

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 28, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
That's not real right? Like CSOnline2.net is a fansite right? ...right??

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
They made.CS sexy? Can I buy skins to make it sexier?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Assepoester posted:

Weird that the Red Muffler Avenger is a blonde

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Counter-Strike Online 2 (CSO2 or CSOL2) is a spin-off MMOFPS in the Counter-Strike series. It is targeted towards the Asian gaming market, developed by South Korean company NEXON Corporation with oversight from license-holder Valve Corporation, and is using the Source engine.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

as has been explained to me it's important to note that that version of counterstrike was online

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

With titties.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

With titties.

and counter-titties?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Twice, if they are to be believed

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lowness 72 posted:

They made.CS sexy? Can I buy skins to make it sexier?

Skin seller I am going in to battle and I need your sexiest skins

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Assepoester posted:

I can't fail to notice that the lady that supposedly has poisoned weapons tucked up her sleeves has at most one, and probably zero sleeves available for such use.

Orv
May 4, 2011

sebmojo posted:

No, that's too sexy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

sebmojo posted:

my skins are too sexy for you counter-striker

you cannot handle my sexiest skins

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Finished up Weird West! Quite enjoyed myself for the most part: few bumps in the road but I was hooked enough to get all the way through. In general it's a nice fusion of an open-world RPG with top-down shooter perspective and combat, sprinkled with immersive sim elements: lots of carefully crafted environments with all sorts of alternate routes and goodies hidden for the observant explorers, lots of interesting systems and quests and moral choices for the creative sorts. If you're a fan of open-world RPGs like Fallout, be it the old CRPGs or the modern ARPGs, immersive sims like Deus Ex and Vampire Bloodlines, or top-down ARPGs like The Ascent or Seven, you'll be right at home, all in a cool supernatural wild west aesthetic.

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256907525/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1664270844

Having said that, there were a coupla parts that didn't quite work for me. Nothing to ruin it completely for me, but definitely knocked it down a few points and made me a bit disappointed in its potential.

*There's a lot of setup for all sorts of fancy mechanics, like for law-breaking witness/suspect detection, for towns becoming ghost towns if you kill everyone there and then coming back later on, generating vendettas or friends based on your deeds that show up to interrupt/help later on during critical moments, and the ability of earning money through all sorts of radiant quests like bounty hunting and such, which starts out strong with a quest where you need to get money but can choose how to do it anyway you want. Now, it might be my fault since I was mostly main-quest focused, but it really felt like all this complex stuff fell by the wayside: it was just too easy to get money and too easy to be a goody-two shoes and ignore all these systems largely built around handling evil stuff. Felt very similar to something like Red Dead Redemption 2: the camp contribution was very important at the start and led to some interesting choices and exploration, but later on the story kicks in full gear and you've got more money than god so it all collapses.

*As hinted at above, the moral choice aspect felt a bit flat: there are tons of potential evil things to do, but it never really felt right to do as it was all very out-of-character and typically the good thing was just better anyway, so there wasn't even a strong motivation to be evil. Again, might be my fault because I've been playing games like Pathologic 2 or Vampyr and so on where they really make things hard to push you towards doing evil deeds to alleviate some of that in a classic case of evil being easy street while good is hard: for this, it felt weird going back to a game like KOTOR where evil is just being a jerk for no real benefit, or like Bioshock where you just get rewarded better for being good despite the evil route seeming like it'd be more lucrative. There are some cool changes to the world based on your choices, mostly at the end of character journeys, but most of them didn't add up to much.

*The game has you swap between multiple characters during your journey, but I don't feel like it did a great job at actually changing the gameplay for each. For example, the pigman character is a monster and is thus reviled by regular folk and most importantly the law: this made me think that the game was gonna have me sneak around, avoid towns, trade through the black market, etc, similar to a Nosferatu in Bloodlines. However, the game gives you an out immediately by doing a very simple good deed quest and suddenly everyone loves you and playing the pigman is no different than a regular dude. In addition, they all are proficient with all weapons, can all shoot-dodge, and while they each have some unique abilities, it is very minor in the grand scheme. I tried to inject fun myself by leaning hard into each character's abilities and sticking with a single weapon for each based on their personality/initial setup, but I wish the game did more to force variety.

*Other minor quirks: melee combat feels really bad compared to gun combat, combat in general can look/feel a bit awkward with enemies weightlessly zig-zagging around while blasting you, posse pathfinding and AI can be really dumb, and while you have all these fancy abilities, you can easily break the entire game's difficulty apart by using shoot-dodge, something every character gets for free at the start.

All in all, I don't think the downsides were any worse than you'd see in other big favorites like Bloodlines and such, so definitely give it a go (though, uh, it's leaving gamepass, so look to buy it on sale $10 as it usually does).

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/awesome-indies-from-humble-games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This is a great deal for Unsighted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZFo_ZTxIk